• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Not able to keep BG queues while in BG

bogustime

It shouldn't be like this. It kills the morale being WSG locked whenever its not AB or AV weekend. Please change it, it makes the PvP scene incredibly dull.

This was implemented to counter dodging, but it has some additional benefit in that people aren’t constantly joining and leaving in progress BGs in mass. Non ranking players that enjoy pvp in vanilla tend to prefer WSG and since they are often the ones keeping the queue alive, WSG is what you’re gonna get. (I’m in this crowd myself, so I like having WSG as the default BG.)

Also given the pvp population now, I doubt there are enough rankers of the right classes on either faction to keep an AB premade running constantly, so they will stick to queuing WSG as it’s easier to fill a 10man group than a 15man one and the comp/gear requirements for WSG are more flexible.

If you wish to play AB, your best bet is to form a group of 10-15 on Alliance outside of a BG weekend and queue AB without queuing WSG and inform Horde via discord or world chat - I’m sure some would rather play AB than sit in queue.

Last edited:
I think the PvP scene would be more dynamic and open a larger range of players if they could play all the battlegrounds.

What kills morale on alliance side is paladins playing with the wrong spec and/or gear.

Alliance also have to frequently play with -1 (effectively -2/-3 due to abovementioned paladins) because there are not enough players queueing to get a 10v10. If people queued AB, uneven games would become even more common. Additionally, wsg caters more to the casual player because it’s possible to win even when significantly outgeared, while in AB winning against more geared opponents is much more difficult.

AV is essentially pve, so I don’t know how more frequent AV pops would improve the pvp scene.

This was implemented to counter dodging,
True but there are ways to prevent such while keeping the que, for example lets say a group ques up for WSG, AB & AV.

WSG pops up first they all join however here is the twist that prevents dodging.

The moment they arrive in the battleground their que for AB & AV is reset to zero, by arriving i mean when they are done loading into the battleground and not when they click "join", this way they are spread apart in the AB & AV que even if just by a bit it is enough to make it hard to arrive as a group but they maintain a spot even in the less active battlegrounds like AB & AV and thus AB battlegrounds could popup even in a warsong week as normally people would not re-que for something that never pops and is reset once the more frequent battleground occurs.

I hope one day we can keep ques for AB & AV while inside WSG without having to worry about premades...

Note:
it would be nice if the "join as group" was changed so you cannot make premades with it but rather those joining through the method are split apart by a couple seconds delay in the que. Let's face it people are manipulating honor not by trade but arranged farm, i even saw them get angry at a fella who happened to farm a bit more than they allowed and thus they as a group unit had to farm more honor that week while insulting him... sigh... the possibility to make premades in pvp is nice as u can play alongside friends but it has been abused too much by tactical groups aiming at easier R13 or 14's and if they get that sooner rather than later they stop pvp and thus less and less pvp'ers not to mention those who encounter premade after premade... they just give up as its no fun fighting premade with casual groups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom