• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Now is a good time to open the server up.

romdog346

Im sure I don't stand alone when I say that "I feel stuck on the Feenix realms." However, now is a good time for people to see why your server is of greater quality. I say this because Feenix has been down for days now, this will give people a chance to change their realmlist and make a character on Kronos :D Besides even though the server is not fully developed, I am sure that the progress is superior to that of Feenix'. I am not trying to throw feenix under the bus, but I think that a lot of people feel stuck on their server, and want a chance to play another one. Now is a good time to give people a reason change their realmlist.

your right it is a great time to open, not only feenix but rebirth is also out. sadly i don't think it will be coming for a bit i noticed the progressive bar went from 75% to 78% today, so it will be here soon enough :)

sadly i don't think it will be coming for a bit i noticed the progressive bar went from 75% to 78% today, so it will be here soon enough :)

and that took a few weeks, so when they want to open the server at 100% we wait till christmas... anyway, would be a good story for my paladin "a new holy light has born..." :laugh:

But i have to admit that i would also be a happy guy when they open it next days :blushing:

I appreciate your replies :) It is my thought that on a server with 1x rates it will take most people a long time to level, so this would give the staff time to finish the last 20% before people reach level 60. I know that there are always going to be the individuals that reach lvl 60 in like 5-10 days, however there wont be enough players at the same level to progress with them.
I dont think that the server needs to be 100% finished in order to release. I think this because in truth it wont be perfect upon release. I have confidence in the staff and testers, but until there is a large population, and people are playing all day everyday, a lot of in game bugs and glitches will not be brought to attention.
So in conclusion, now is a good time to get people to change there realmlists and try out Kronos because the most populated and active Vanilla servers, have been down for days. Also it is my thought that a lot can be accomplished by introducing the server to the public and reading the forums/listening to their in-game suggestions.

P.S. Theses are just my thoughts, of course I am eager play, but i know that the staff are professionals and Im not trying to tell them how to do their job. This post is just here to help me be patient :D

I just logged in just to reply to this topic. I fully agree if its released sunday the timing would be incredible.

Edit: It takes on average 2 months for players to hit 60, And the release date was planned around december 21st (Official end of fall) So a release This Sunday or Next would be great, Just fix up all the content being worked on below 30 and you guys will have plenty of time to finish before 60 is reached, Not to mention all the gear grinding ect.

Last edited:
Honestly the timing is so perfect right now, if they opened it this week the annoyed players of Rebirth and Feenix will flock to the server, nobody expects perfection but once they see how superior the server is too those two...

Just no.

Even though it's a great opportunity, it's just stupid to release a server which is not tested well, and several implementations are not 100%. Would you then take the responsibility, if the server would crash every 5 minute, stuff would not work as intended? Then the whole situation would be like on Q-Gaming - rushing to release and bye in two months.

Thanks, but no ;)

Last edited:
My thoughts on this can best be expressed in song.

[video=youtube;ErvgV4P6Fzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc[/video]

Just no.

Even though it's a great opportunity, it's just stupid to release a server which is not tested well, and several implementations are not 100%. Would you then take the responsibility, if the server would crash every 5 minute, stuff would not work as intended? Then the whole situation would be like on Q-Gaming - rushing to release and bye in two months.

Thanks, but no ;)

I appreciate your enthusiasm and patience towards the servers integrity, however having a "well tested server" has nothing to do with weather it crashes every "five minutes" or not. If that is the case then they most definitely need to upgrade their server, and spend a lot more money. In saying that we know that the server is not crashing all of the time, as they are 78% finished with the overall progress (and that means a lot of testing has probably and hopefully been finished).

If they are truly at 78% finished it would take a certain person with years of experience to know what is missing. I am saying that at a certain point you need the community to give you feedback, and maintenance/progression can be very efficient when a server is live.

In conclusion, i am sure the server is stable enough to not be crashing "every five minutes" if that is the case they have a whole bundle of other issues. Secondly 78% is pretty damn close to finishing up, and unless you are going to reach endgame content before december then they have plenty of time to finish up the lvl 60 5 mans and raids as well.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate your input.

P.S. With lots of experience with private servers talking, I can safely say that NONE of them are perfect, and still after years and years of being live they are still working on issues. Im not so hasty as to believe that when the status bar says 100% complete that it will be a "perfect Azeroth."

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Guns N' Roses will always hold a sacred place in my heart <3 RIP

Last edited:
Just no.

Thanks, but no ;)

Would it really crash though? It ran pretty stable the last time around. And how much stuff can not work as intended on levels 1-20?
It's not in my best interest to rush the release. If it were on me, I'd wait till June2015. But I think we can all agree that what Kronos(any private realm really) needs the most is population. And if the major competition is down, ain't gonna be no better time to get it.

Would it really crash though? It ran pretty stable the last time around. And how much stuff can not work as intended on levels 1-20?
It's not in my best interest to rush the release. If it were on me, I'd wait till June2015. But I think we can all agree that what Kronos(any private realm really) needs the most is population. And if the major competition is down, ain't gonna be no better time to get it.

Population is the most important I agree. A lot of people will claim that scripts are more important than population, and indeed they are very important, but what is WoW without a healthy economy? Especially vanilla wow, where other people play as big of a part in your game play as you do:D

I do not think that any given server will get a desired population upon release just because it has a nice website, and claims to be "the real deal." Even if it is the best most bug free server out there. There are too many people that have been playing the same toons on the same server for years, and that kind of time investment is not going to allow them to just start all over again. Even more so on a 1x server. Think about how much time it takes just to get to level 30. Nobody is going to want to start from scratch on a 1x server again.

So what will achieve a desired population on Kronos? The key elements are time, and availability. The longer the server is open to the public the more time it has to gain players, and the least amount of server crashes keep people from changing their realmlist and server hoping. Even if you have to work on the server while it is live that is OK. It is better to gain players and impress them with frequent bug fixes, development, and staff presence than to start at zero, and realistically still be working on the server all of the time.

The bottom line is that in World of Warcraft it takes time to build community,uniqueness, and economy. 1x rates exaggerate this point even further. There will always be the players that stick around through the thick and thin.

Last edited:
There is no reason for the staff to be so against this, In most cases i would take quality over quantity but... This isn't a situation to throw away. This is one of those things that happens once in a blue moon.

I'm content with waiting.

Just because i think you don't understand i'm going to reply, Its not about us being able to wait. We are all happy to wait. I've been following the project since june trust me i'm content with waiting. But an opportunity like this isn't to be laughed off. Or shrugged off with a simple "Be patient" It isn't about patience its about all the other players that kronos could have if it released before the competition gets back on there feet.

First - we have 171 likes on facebook.. that doesn't seem to me as a "Large community" (pls, don't spam that many others had not liked it). So if you want server to be released more quickly, you should give it a like. It's pretty good indicator of how many ppl are interested in it.

Second - This have happened on Archaica, Q-gaming, K1 and K2 - "We don't expect perfection", "Just release it, it's awesome" and so on. Then the server got released and.. We all know how it ended.

This time, when ED and Rebirth are down is perfect for geting more people hyped, but rushing the release is not good idea like Chero already sayed.

PS: I've been wondering why cronos get about +50 likes in one week, when average increase is 10 per week - ED and rebirth are down :D

Why are people saying Emerald Dream is down? I've logged into the server fine.

Who knows if Rebirth will be still online in future... And Feenix is collapsing and will be collapsing, It's a long-term affair.

More time = more hype = more players waiting = larger population

You might think that many people already wait for Kronos. But look at numbers. Here on forum, just 281 people voted in exp. rates poll. Facebook page has 171 likes. I think that is really not enough. We need more people.

Who knows if Rebirth will be still online in future... And Feenix is collapsing and will be collapsing, It's a long-term affair.

More time = more hype = more players waiting = larger population

You might think that many people already wait for Kronos. But look at numbers. Here on forum, just 281 people voted in exp. rates poll. Facebook page has 171 likes. I think that is really not enough. We need more people.

Agreed. We need to spread the word! Not only are they still working on the server, but the community needs to grow before it's ready to launch.

Patience

Recently (and currently :p) server is going over some massive revamps. I'm aware of possible issues that might appear during testing phase, but that's why we are testing it.

Just for imagination - today I implemented a system that handles creatures' health/mana/damage/armor values somehow as Blizzard did. This affects every creature in game - it might result in some anomalies. However it offers more comfort in future adjustments and so.. And those changes, that you "don't see" are the most time consuming and "dangerous". Those changes are not listed in our development progress, since they are not really noticeable for any of you.

In terms of "server crash" I mean server design error, unexpected software behavior, not physical server crash :p

I have other systems left unfinished yet, and all those changes just make future development much easier, we might resolve issues at much faster pace, but unfortunately all those changes are not visible from player PoV.

And all of them are necessary in order to have a properly designed software which is flexible, fast and reliable.

Take your time. Years back, I played on a Trinity Core server with a great team of devs that had some issues in applying global value changes. For a period of almost 3 weeks, enemy mobs were hitting incredibly hard in the level range of 12-22 for some reason. It was easy to see the bug in action, but fairly difficult for them to pin down at the time. The same deal goes for quest scripts that work in tandem with specific quest dispensed items. At two different times, an item being dispensed to a player was crashing the whole server.

Valkyrie, Feenix, Westfall, Molten and Rebirth players all know about Kronos. The word's gotten out, and if it launches with a stability that matches the hype from the weekly Features videos, population will scarcely be an issue. Especially if the server's Alterac Valley BG is legit.

Recently (and currently :p) server is going over some massive revamps. I'm aware of possible issues that might appear during testing phase, but that's why we are testing it.

Just for imagination - today I implemented a system that handles creatures' health/mana/damage/armor values somehow as Blizzard did. This affects every creature in game - it might result in some anomalies. However it offers more comfort in future adjustments and so.. And those changes, that you "don't see" are the most time consuming and "dangerous". Those changes are not listed in our development progress, since they are not really noticeable for any of you.

In terms of "server crash" I mean server design error, unexpected software behavior, not physical server crash :p

I have other systems left unfinished yet, and all those changes just make future development much easier, we might resolve issues at much faster pace, but unfortunately all those changes are not visible from player PoV.

And all of them are necessary in order to have a properly designed software which is flexible, fast and reliable.

<3

This post tells me just how professional you are working. Maintainability is very important.
On topic:
Take your time and finish your work. I am bored to death too, but more then that I want a finished server.

Top Bottom