• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Now is a good time to open the server up.

Just tell us when you bring it out and everything is fine ^^... 80, 90, 100%? Still this year? We are all so excited :>

Yep, I also commented about the opportunity to monopolize certain audiences. However if the basic systems of the game is still being worked on, than certainly the server is not ready for release. Probably months away from it even.

Hah, these "basic systems" are things, that no other servers have, cuz it's too hard to implement and it brings a little improve to gameplay (like NPC damage reduction by Demo shout or HP increase with Power word: Fortitude).

Yep, I also commented about the opportunity to monopolize certain audiences. However if the basic systems of the game is still being worked on, than certainly the server is not ready for release. Probably months away from it even.

Those "basic systems" are implemented in very bad way in default MaNGOS. So if you want to fix anything, you have to workaround it or you just fix it as you it should be, but you might break other workarounds - not really effective workflow.

Some of those "basic systems" are our Creature AI (codenamed Vurtne AI), Resistance System, Debuff Limit, Buff Stacking Rules, Spell System, ... everything is just a basic system, and scripts rely on these 'basic systems'.

Seems like you underestimate importance of "basic systems" and it seems you don't have any knowledge about MaNGOS or programming itself.

The goal is, that our implementations have to cover as much as possible cases, let it be spells or creature AI.

Simply, you can't fix spells or creatures one by one, that's just stupid, time killer, unprofessional and might be deadly as our server is being developed further. The "basic systems" have to cover 99% of the whole game. Of course there are some exceptions.

However having one system for almost everything is much more faster and stable than having each mob scripted-workarounded on it's own.

I did not intend to sound offensive ;)

Last edited:
By "basic" I meant fundamental, not simple. ie. core systems. I'm a software developer myself actually. To complete and perfect these systems, it will take a while. That was my post.

Last edited:
Valkyrie, Feenix, Westfall, Molten and Rebirth players all know about Kronos. The word's gotten out, and if it launches with a stability that matches the hype from the weekly Features videos, population will scarcely be an issue. Especially if the server's Alterac Valley BG is legit.
Not everyone in ED, because I found this miracle on my own, while the server was down.

Its a snowball principle.
You find out about Kronos, you tell your friends and so on. You get the idea I guess.

I have no friends i can bring here. im the only one from this city probably know about this awesome game.

maybe once i ..... no better not.

Do you know why we Czechs are good too? because we persevered and we can wait ....

Your plan is the most logical and most effective Chero. And i hope you do it nice like all the good things you did to this server.
Still i think you should really list these "hidden changes" because i think Kronos might be the only server that has almost blizzlike "basic systems". Many players search for those minor details. It is a shame you don't show your entire work.

A lot of things are scripted, but if you check the percentage on dungeons at the progress bars, you will see several 5 mans are at 60% or even less. Do you really want to play with only endgame content available having to grind quests without the opportunity to go inside all low level 5 mans? Dont get me wrong, I like questing around vanilla, but there is a lot of quests and good leveling gear in places like ZF, RFD and ST which judging by the % are in a really bad shape atm. And if they actually make a properly working pyramid event in ZF, that will be a great achievment compared to other servers. :biggrin:

Dat epic sword from ZF, the second part never dropped for me :crying: This time both of them have to drop in first run :wub:

Forgot to mention the Hakkar event in Sunken Temple which is also always buged or buggy if partially working like the Zul'farrak pyramid in all private classic servers ive tried so far.

I tried that one out recently. The only 2 things that I can think of that were bugged are
1. Spawns of the waves are probably a bit too fast.
2. He turns hostile too fast after his emotes

Don't argue with the devs about what YOU think is right no matter who you are or your experience. They're taking the time to do this right. I'm glad they don't bend backwards for impatient people like yourselves. Wow your private servers down right now? That sucks maybe if they had spent more time on it MAYBE it would run right. Besides waiting makes it all the better, you don't get your Christmas presents a month early because you have 'nothing better to do' and don't feel like waiting. Face it the devs don't care about the 1/5th of impatient, lazy people and if they do care WE DON'T! Happy waiting, happy questing!

I tried that one out recently. The only 2 things that I can think of that were bugged are
1. Spawns of the waves are probably a bit too fast.
2. He turns hostile too fast after his emotes

You are telling me the stairs event more or less works?!!

I'm getting hard nipples of excitement!!

I talking about facebook, I liked the twinstart fb page didn't know there was a page for Kronos.

https://www.facebook.com/TheProjectKronos

Last edited:
Don't argue with the devs about what YOU think is right no matter who you are or your experience. They're taking the time to do this right. I'm glad they don't bend backwards for impatient people like yourselves. Wow your private servers down right now? That sucks maybe if they had spent more time on it MAYBE it would run right. Besides waiting makes it all the better, you don't get your Christmas presents a month early because you have 'nothing better to do' and don't feel like waiting. Face it the devs don't care about the 1/5th of impatient, lazy people and if they do care WE DON'T! Happy waiting, happy questing!

You need to understand a lot of things. Primarily, the fact that ALL private servers crash, and ALL private servers have problems on a weekly basis. To think that Kronos is going to be some perfect server that BLIZZARD itself shit out is a complete fantasy. However, in saying that I do believe that although KRONOS is at “79%” complete, it probably blows some servers out of the water.

The second thing that I think that you should understand, or rather contemplate, is the vanilla private server community. Do you have any idea how long these private servers have been around, trying to provide a suitable experience for those of us who want to re-live our fondest WoW experiences? I find it rather insulting that you think other developers wouldn’t have a server that crashes once in a while if they simply "spent more time on it." However, I get the impression that you are new to the Vanilla community. What is insulting is that you fail to realize that other developers have been providing the vanilla experience for the past 7 to 10 years. So, hey lets see what you think about KRONOS even after three years (still no issues???).

Im not trying to convince anyone. Im trying to be realistic. There are 3 different vanilla servers all close to release, what are they going to do? Compete for the slim population that still cares about a game almost a decade old? Sure, theres still a small community that cares, but it is nothing like it used to be. Ive bounced around on private servers since I quit retail after TBC and upon the release of WOTLK, and I can tell you that the servers that actually make it are the ones that don’t promise too much, and instead aren’t afraid to continue work. Promises are an advertising technique. Sure a competitive edge can be found by posting videos, but who in their right mind wouldn’t advertise for a fully scripted, blizzlike, real deal server...? I ask of you, please visit X100 or some other private server list, and see what they promise... it’s all going to start sounding pretty familiar.

My theory is start a snowball to build the population, you need time not perfect scripts (and willing to hang tough for a year or so.) It’s like a restaurant... take advantage of good timing, (DEC. is a solid month... people will be on Holiday). The Vanilla private server population is already slim enough... noob servers don’t need completion to spread the population out even more than it already is. ALSO, good luck getting people to start over again on a 1x server... but maybe I’m wrong... perhaps some of the diehards will want to relive that nostalgic grind to 60 again... maybe they can’t get enough of the glory days.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S waiting does not make everything better when you don’t have a date to look forward to. I don’t expect to “open my christmas presents early” because I know that on the SAME EXACT DAY EVERY SINGLE YEAR i open them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I do so hope for a Dec 21st launch. I've lot's of free time and it's cold and miserable outside. I'd love to hibernate and just go on a WoW marathon during winter break.

I do so hope for a Dec 21st launch. I've lot's of free time and it's cold and miserable outside. I'd love to hibernate and just go on a WoW marathon during winter break.

I agree man... everyone will have some certain amount of vacation time, whether it be a few weeks, or only one. The holidays are a strategic time to introduce a new server because individuals will most likely have that extra day, or those additional hours to invest on a new character... you know to build up that connection, to have a reason for returning.

Not to mention that it would be nice to have a little boost to the community(guilds,ah,content)...before the holidays are over and people go back to school/work/life full time, and put WoW on the back burner.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh Idk how many individuals have the time to level on 1x Blizzlike more than casually outside of summer/winter vacation *wishing I was twelve again*

I’ll probably soak in all the low level content though if there are enough people to run 5-mans and what not, so not too much of a hurry to get to 60... maybe i’ll change my mind though ;)

Top Bottom