• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Oceanic ping?

Planks

Anyone here from the oceanic region seen what our ping will be like? I've done a ping test and its telling me around 380ms to central Europe. Any thoughts?

My friends are trying to get me to play wow with them since blizz has finally hosted servers in AUS. But I would rather play here!

Hello Planks,
I'm not from exactly the same location as the server, however I did a pingtest to Singapore.

In general, ~400ms is still quite playable. The delay would be quite noticeable in any action game, however WoW has everything based on timers, so it won't hurt that much. I used to play WoW with pings above 5000ms at some point, and It still worked :biggrin:
If your connection is stable, you can tank heal or PvP, you will just need to adjust to the slight delay. It may not make you the king of reaction time, but you will be able to play fairly well.

PS: I also tested Sydney server, but it was very jittery for some reason :blink:

Last edited:
Yeah it's playable. I'll give it a try when it launches and see what happens. Hopefully we get tons of oceanic players playing then we could get our own server hah.

it should be good, back in retail vanilla and tbc i had 500ms pretty much all the time and still played fine. im hoping that this server will be around 300ms for Australians, i would be very happy with that :)

Top Bottom