• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Offhand: CTS vs Warblade?

asdfgh

CTS vs Warblade calculation:

Instant poisons VI does (112+149)/2 = 130,5 damage per proc, 20% proc means you do on average 26,1 damage per hit from poison (excluding spellhit and resistance calculations)

Warblade of the Hakkari has 1.70 speed meaning 0,59 hits per second (0,76 hits/s with SnD)
CTS has 2.60 speed meaning 0,38 hits per second (0,5 hits/s with SnD).
0,76 - 0,5 = 0,26 extra hits per second for Warblade. 26,1 poison damage per hit means 0,26 x 26,1 = 6,786 extra poison damage/second for warblade.

However, the weapon dps difference is as high as 58,5dps - 47,9dps = 10,6dps difference, meaning that CTS compensates for lower poison damage with higher white hit damage with a ~4dps advantage

On top of that the stats on CTS is better, CTS gives 0,5% crit chance more while mandokir OH gives 12ap more. 12AP is slightly less than 1dps for mainhand (and most likely less than 3dps overall). 0,5% crit chance (assuming you aren't critcapped) gives you more than 3dps if you do at least 600dps on average while active, which is very easily reachable.

The conclusion I'd draw is that CTS is a better offhand sword than Warblade, is this correct? I ignored armor calculations but I also ignored poison resist calculations, would they change this? And if not, isn't VK/CTS then a better combo than CTS/Warblade?

Putting CTS on your offhand is a waste from an economic perspective. Give it to somebody who doesn't have as good of a mainhand weapon.
Doing so will increase the receivers morale (mainhand weapon upgrade is a big deal) and give you much more dps in the long run.

Sword proccs

I didn't include it because i doubt it would make much of a difference, 5% proc chance (or 7% with hoj) won't change anything.

Putting CTS on your offhand is a waste from an economic perspective. Give it to somebody who doesn't have as good of a mainhand weapon.
Doing so will increase the receivers morale (mainhand weapon upgrade is a big deal) and give you much more dps in the long run.

Sure, but I'm still curious if my math is correct or if armor makes a big difference in these types of calculations.

1.7s off hand vs 2.6 off hand, 100s combat time.
100s/(1.7s/attack)= 59 attacks for warblade.
38 attacks for CTS.
Without s&d.
21 attacks more from warblade.

CTS gets 3 extra attacks from talent and hoj, warblade will get 4.

Do the math.

Last edited:
1.7s off hand vs 2.6 off hand, 100s combat time.
100s/(1.7s/attack)= 59 attacks for warblade.
38 attacks for CTS.
Without s&d.
21 attacks more from warblade.

CTS gets 3 extra attacks from talent and hoj, warblade will get 4.

Do the math.

First of all I already made that math in the post, and I also included slice and dice so the extra attacks per 100 seconds are 26 and not 21.

Talents+hoj increases the number of attacks by 7% (5% sword spec + 2% hoj) which is a minimal difference and would not make any difference since the difference between the poison damage and weapon dps is far bigger than 7%. (6,786 x 1,07 is still less than 10,6)

I appreciate all input, I really do, but please read my post before responding to it.

Top Bottom