• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

One wall rises, while another falls

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Kronos,

We'd like to announce that the VPN and Proxy detection is now live and will begin to curb usage of programs that utilize these methods to access our server. The well-being of Kronos is always at the forefront of our concerns, so these systems have been our primary focus over the last few days and will be tweaked to maximize their effectiveness as we move forward.

However, to elaborate on what was stated in the previous news update, we reserve the right to allow the usage of a VPN/Proxy if we see fit, and thus grant permission. If you, or your guild would like to request access through either of these means, please don't hesitate to send a request to proxy(at)twinstar.cz, detailing your requirements.

We'd like to remind players that this permission isn't guaranteed, and those that do have it granted will be thoroughly monitored throughout their time here for any misuse. Upon discovery of any abuse from any player, the address used will be blacklisted with further disciplinary action being considered on a case by case basis.

Finally, we'd like to give you a small appetizer for what's to come; a teaser for a full trailer to be later released:

[video=youtube;B7ENOZIfg7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ENOZIfg7g[/video]

Safe travels, friends.

I don't wanna be too much vulgar or anything, but I almost got an erection while watching this teaser...

It's nice to hear that you're working on the proxy/VPN thing and this video... I can't wait for the full trailer :smile:

I don't wanna be too much vulgar or anything, but I almost got an erection while watching this teaser...

jca3Z9Z.gif

Just a thought I had after I saw a goldseller on the china channel spam, with a player complaining, but after whispering that player he didn't want to report it.

If a cheater/goldseller is on your VPN, your VPN gets shut down. This leads to :

• 1) Guilds now try to protect their VPN, select only the players they can trust (good)
  • 2) Once a cheater/goldseller is on your VPN it might be on your interest to hide it and protect your connexion as long as possible (bad, you hurt yourself by reporting it)
  • 3) Assuming cheaters/goldsellers keep joining your VPNs, working with them to find a solution becomes an option (bad), but so does working with the Kronos team (good)

I am interested in how to prevent 2) and the bad part of 3) while increases the chances of the good part of 3).

• 2) Once a cheater/goldseller is on your VPN it might be on your interest to hide it and protect your connexion as long as possible (bad, you hurt yourself by reporting it)
  • 3) Assuming cheaters/goldsellers keep joining your VPNs, working with them to find a solution becomes an option (bad), but so does working with the Kronos team (good)

I am interested in how to prevent 2) and the bad part of 3) while increases the chances of the good part of 3).

Regarding #2, we're not inflexible. If a guild finds out that someone in their guild is hacking/exploiting and/or gold selling and they tell us about it then we're not going to punish the entire guild for the actions of one player. The player will get dealt with. Honesty goes a lot further with us as a staff than hiding things. What would be more of a concern is if it happens frequently or tired to be hidden. But if it's a gold seller then it would be hard to keep it quiet unless they weren't advertising. If there's one thing this past week has shown us is that a lot of Kronos also despite cheaters/goldsellers.

what about ping reducers like wtfast and pingzapper?

I'm a new player from Australia getting 330ms.

Top Bottom