• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Online population checker

dsquidvicious

Authorized
Hey, since kronos-census.com is down and also an unofficial source of population information i think we should have some way to check population. I know there is some info on twinstar.cz but it doesnt appear to be accurate. Anyways, i think this would be cool cuz it feels like way more people online and i'm sure people would like to see.

There have been some talk about showing real count from both factions on /who. Personally i think it's a good idea and wouldn't mind it implemented before the event. But there hasn't been any official announcement that they are going to take it into consideration from what i've heard.

So as of know the only way is to log into each individual character of horde and alliance and query /who to get an estimate until kronos census will be back up, if it will go online again that is. Haven't heard any of the guy who posted it.

Who hosted kronos-census.com? Perhaps Twinstar could get in touch with that person and take the whole thing over.
I think especially now those numbers are very insightful because of the XP event.

I have sayed that in other thread - Twinstar INTENTIONALY does not show numbers of online players for each server, just percentage to force people that want to see the numbers to create acc and log in. And when you have acc, you are one step closer to start playing here.

(...) - Twinstar INTENTIONALY does not show numbers of online players for each server, just percentage to force people that want to see the numbers to create acc and log in. (...)

....which is a very ' l i m i t e d ' way of thinking, isn't it? (...I mean that is really basic information, -one of the very first things I look for when checking out the website-presence of a private server project... *_* )

Well, it was made in days when kronos had about 200 players in peak times. And most people just come to the page, saw the number and left. With this change, they had to login and see it ingame. That made them one step closer to actualy try the server out.

Well, it was made in days when kronos had about 200 players in peak times. And most people just come to the page, saw the number and left. With this change, they had to login and see it ingame. That made them one step closer to actualy try the server out.

there is probably more thought behind this than people know, admins have access to statistics for one.

It is Lharts, yet i think, that "unfixing" /who to show both factions, just for duration of the event is not a bad idea. I don't want to see complains, that Kronos is dead because of people that are acustomed to the bugged version from other realms.

Or, we can make an "Beginers guide", pinned on some visible place (probably top of the main Kronos page), where we sum up all important things for newcomers in few sentences, where we make this function clear...

Thinking about it, we can make it part of the how to connect page.
I will look into it this evening and post it here for you to tune it up.

Top Bottom