• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

only one faction per account?

cento

Authorized
I would like to know, will I only be able to play.. lets say as if i create a horde horde orc on my account/server? like it used to be in vanilla?

what are your thoughts on this?:)

You will be able to have both factions per account. There is no reason to limit it.

this needs clarifying

horde and alliance on the same account??

wtf :no:

I understand the hesitation. In a perfect world, people would only play on one faction. The reality persists, however, that accounts can be made for free, and anyone with the will to create a random email can make another account for the other factions.

Having both factions per account seems weird and it's technically not "blizzlike", but this is a product of the free-to-play kronos model. If you had to pay for kronos (which i totes would), the dual-faction accounts would definitely be not there.

As Chero said, there's no reason to not allow it. Hopefully, most people just play one faction like in retail.

Agreed! It would have to be a monthly fee if there should be any point in not allowing 2 factions on one account

Simply, if you want to have characters at both factions, you would create another account. There is no way to prevent anybody to create multiple accounts, thus we decided to save at least database space :)

Am I mistaken, or you actualy can't buy your own auctions so basicaly, you can't give gold/items to your another char? Or it came in later expansions?

mailing from alliance to horde or vice versa is not possible of course. ingame, there is no difference at all.

As has been said before, you can not mail items to your other faction character, that should be basic knowledge to everybody who has ever played on a Normal(not PvP) type realm, where both factions on one account were always possible.
And regarding the auction, even if you could buy your auctions from the same account, why the hell would you? What possible advantage could you gain by it? How would that be any different from having two accounts, one horde, one alliance and buying your auctions that way? It's even more impractical as you can't log onto both chars at once with 2 wow windows and you have to relog all the time.

That is why I wanted borislav to elaborate on what kind of exploits he was talking about.

As has been said before, you can not mail items to your other faction character, that should be basic knowledge to everybody who has ever played on a Normal(not PvP) type realm, where both factions on one account were always possible.
And regarding the auction, even if you could buy your auctions from the same account, why the hell would you? What possible advantage could you gain by it? How would that be any different from having two accounts, one horde, one alliance and buying your auctions that way? It's even more impractical as you can't log onto both chars at once with 2 wow windows and you have to relog all the time.

That is why I wanted borislav to elaborate on what kind of exploits he was talking about.

i was surprised about dual faction accounts, but other than that i wasn't being serious. funny how tiny baby bird brains like crowlocke get away with typing obviously dumb crap, but i get 4+ facepalms on a single post. :lol:

I gotta admit, the stuff in this thread, in my mind, seems like it's contradicting itself...to clarify let me ask a question.
On THE SAME ACCOUNT, can someone have both an Alliance character AND a Horde character? Or do you need to create TWO SEPARATE accounts to accomplish that?
You should be forced to create two accounts, in order to deter these actions. It's a PvP server, you don't want the other faction knowing all the World Chat pvp raiding plans....anyway thanks in advance.

i would prefer that too, but i think that is not going to happen:) it makes you really feel like you are THE HORDE or allies or whatever those tree huggers guys are called :) ;):cool2:

You simply can't prevent it. If someone wants to create a character from the opposing faction he can just make a second account.
There is no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to have both factions on 1 accounts. It won't give you any benefits anyways.

thats the point, since accounts dont cost anything but are free to create, player's can check what's going on at the other faction anway. there is no way to prevent this.
It wouldn't solve any problem if you were not allowed to have an alliance and horde character on the same account. People would just create a second account to check what's going on at the other faction.

So as Chero mentioned, to at least save some dataspace, you will be able to have characters of both factions on the same account.

Top Bottom