• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Open Beta

Grimnarash

This has probably been suggested before, (not that I know of) but I still decided to purpose it. Since the realm is 75% working/scripted as intended, that means its playable, wont it be faster so 'squash' the rest of the bugs if the realm is open to the community?

bad idea imo. from the servers' perspective. better to wait for the real launch than to waste a part of the built up hype and initial amazement on characters that won't last more than 2 months.

(btw the server was very "playable" for quite some time. way before that webpage even got created, that progression bar is kind of misleading in this aspect)

you cannot launch a product that is labeled "Quality" before it is ready, it is what happened to every other private server out there. Few players will start searching for bugs without reporting them and when they find some beneficial gold or xp exploits they will camp it as long as it lasts.

The bugs would be fixed once known of ofc so it wouldnt turn out like Feenix where even know you can bug boost yourself from lvl 25-43 solo vs lvl 38-41 enemies... there are even still bugs where you can farm some specific lvl 15-20s and gain 38-50 green/grey loot.... a month ago you could repeat a non-repeatable quest over and over that took 3-5 min. to do... multiboxers made a ton of characters and moved forth and back earning free gold.

I am equally if not more hyped to get started but i know you cannot risk releasing something before it is fully tested and where the worst bugs, exploits and also hacks have been completely annihilated, if you want to speed up the process then apply as a tester or if you know your program/scripting stuff as a developer.

Note: the 75% does not reflect the servers current state at all since it is only updated once in a while, it is like evaluanting when an becomes completely ripe... so it is impossible to be accurate on it but you can say when its started to get color or give a long term estimation.

Also if you want to make sure the server is better or lives up to your expectations then you should definitely sign up as tester since the developers are focused on fixing and only test what has been tested and proven a few time's.

The more who test and find solid proof on a mechanic the more they can focus solely on fixing :wink:

Or you could try read how addons where made in 1.12.1 or imitate those made making your own or combining some, it would definitely improve the experience for those who come to Kronos having unique, improved or new addons only to be found here :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
In spite of all arguments against it, as kind of "voice of Russian community" here, I want to sent you several requests from my VK-followers about open beta test :) Or a clear answer, whether such a test will be launched or not.

Its an old thread of mine before I checked around the forums. There wont be any beta tests. They have a team of testers, and we would be able to play after release. If you want to try become a tester write an email to Chero.

Did someone from the staff really say that there will be NO beta test? Cause I think there will be.

The only statement from devs was - Beta will be if needed.

Just in my opinion, there will be something like 1 week test before launch so devs can test server under heavy load.

Top Bottom