• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Orc vs Undead

Well this is an RPG, not a fashion game - you should want to maximize your character. .

completely agree. Only few(these days) playing wow like you said. Its about to get best results for your character.

Orc stun resist and pet racial are better than the undead racials.
If you trying to give orcs some hype, you doing well. Sadly, numbers says, youre wrong.
Personally,the pet orc racial for warlocks is ridiculous and stun resist CHANCE (usefull only against aliance rogue,which isnt that big problem) cant beat fear IMUNNE against aliance locks and priests.

If you trying to give orcs some hype, you doing well. Sadly, numbers says, youre wrong.
Personally,the pet orc racial for warlocks is ridiculous and stun resist CHANCE (usefull only against aliance rogue,which isnt that big problem) cant beat fear IMUNNE against aliance locks and priests.

There's no point in arguing about this really, it's entirely situational. Warlocks are the typical rogue bait, so having that huge 25% stun resist chance can change the direction of a fight with one. Of course, if you are facing another warlock then fear immunity is going to be useful. Rogues are more common and more of a problem to warlocks though so that's why I'd choose Orc.

Plus, warlocks are less abundant on alliance because they know 50% of the horde is usually undead :lol:

once rogue is feared (no problem against aliance) hes dead. Cant speak for all ofc, but horde warlocks are problem for aliance rogues, doesnt matter if orc/undead.

once rogue is feared (no problem against aliance) hes dead. Cant speak for all ofc, but horde warlocks are problem for aliance rogues, doesnt matter if orc/undead.
[video=youtube;qv01HYUYYkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv01HYUYYkQ[/video]

Worn dagger on autoattack, warlock is trying to face away to prevent gouges. You have to crit that bolt doe.

Or you could just have your Felhunter eat Fears off you instead of relying on a 2m CD to break it. Passive 25% stun resist > one fear break every 2m.

Rly tho, if you're not going to seriously pvp it doesn't matter.

Or you could just have your Felhunter eat Fears off you instead of relying on a 2m CD to break it. Passive 25% stun resist > one fear break every 2m.

Rly tho, if you're not going to seriously pvp it doesn't matter.

Well, you can eat something else instead of fear when youre UD, it's all situational...

You can't dispell Psychic Scream (https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?spell=10888)/Intimidating Shout with the felhunter.

On the other hand the warlock pvp trinket removes charm, fear and polymorph effects... not stuns!

I can't decide between Orc and UD. Maybe I'll play a druid, the choice is much easier :laugh:

Orc seems the better choice all around, the only downside being the (subjectively) ugly animations/character model. I really REALLY want to roll undead but after reading this thread and realizing what a difference Hardiness(25% stun resist) can make it's hard to justify going undead. *Sigh* decisions decisions.

Last edited:
rly i dunno where do you live guys but orc has the most badass animations out there

rly i dunno where do you live guys but orc has the most badass animations out there
Too hunched over and rigid for my tastes. And their right hand is always hanging low by their waist like its gimped or something haha

90% of the time Orc will be better.
Yet for me personally if my Char looks like crap I wont have as much fun playing them, not sure how model editing works on Vanilla servers nowaways, I had model edit back then but yea.. UD animations + e.g. T2 gear look better on dem scourgies imo. :)

After logging on to another private server and playing around with Hardiness I've decided that I pretty much have to play an orc. Not only is that +5% pet dmg useful but the broken OPness of +25% stun resistance is too good to ignore. Especially given how hard rogues and warriors counter locks its too big of an advantage to pass up. I mean resisting 1 out of every 4 stuns is just silly powerful. That will easily change the course of a fight. Orc lock, incoming.

After logging on to another private server and playing around with Hardiness I've decided that I pretty much have to play an orc. Not only is that +5% pet dmg useful but the broken OPness of +25% stun resistance is too good to ignore. Especially given how hard rogues and warriors counter locks its too big of an advantage to pass up. I mean resisting 1 out of every 4 stuns is just silly powerful. That will easily change the course of a fight. Orc lock, incoming.

Get gear, own rogues.
Get gear, own warriors too.

Meh, against rogues "just" trinket the CS and immediately drink a free action potion + dot. No more stun/cripple/stealth -> being you an orc or a forsaken :p

Warriors are way harder imho.

Meh, against rogues "just" trinket the CS and immediately drink a free action potion + dot. No more stun/cripple/stealth -> being you an orc or a forsaken :p

Yes because everyone has enough money to use a Free Action Potion in every single fight against rogues. And rogues are always nice enough to ponctuate their attacks on you at every 5 minutes.

:)

Honestly, this is an Roleplaying Game, not a Minmaxing Game. Race should be chosen mostly according to your personal preference, to how you feel playing it. Especially if, as you say it, it's very hard to decide which racial is better.

But as a rogue playing on Feenix, I must say there's nothing I hate more than an orc. Their racial is broken. No wonder all PvPers roll Horde, with races like Orcs and UD. On Feenix, Horde wins 80-90% of BGs - and this is NOT hyperbole. Pretty darn fun playing Alliance, really....

Warriors are way harder imho.

you cant trinket CS in 1.12 :) lock insigna doesnt remove stun

That is why I think all racials should be deleted. I know it never going to happen, but still it sounds more reasonable than making Horde racials 100 times better than Alliance's.

@topic. The choice is obvious and it is Orc. 25% passive stun resistance is way more useful than 2 minutes cooldown fear immunity.

That is why I think all racials should be deleted. I know it never going to happen, but still it sounds more reasonable than making Horde racials 100 times better than Alliance's.

@topic. The choice is obvious and it is Orc. 25% passive stun resistance is way more useful than 2 minutes cooldown fear immunity.

Nooooo way! I love having actual racial differences. Races being nothing more than a choice of skin sounds terrible to me.

Well, Orc stun resist is great against certain classes (see: Rogues), and useless against others. Same thing goes for WotF. I wouldn't call either one overpowered. There's plenty of good stuff on alliance side. Perception is incredible vs stealthers. Escape Artist is so underrated. Stoneform is probably my fav. And of course, everyone knows how powerful Shadowmeld is in PvP.

Perception is good if you know there's a rogue nearby, especially if you combine it with Paranoia. Otherwise, not so much. I wouldn't really compare it to other racials since it's incredibly situational and only helps to unstealth. If there's more than one rogue around, odds are one of them will open up on you before you can find all of them.

Escape Artist is very good though, makes a huge difference in pvp. Shadowmeld is great for defensive play but that option is not available for locks.

Top Bottom