• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Horde Organized casuals - do they exist?

Alwira

Authorized
Hello!

I'm wondering for some time already, if there're people who I would call "organized casuals" here on the horde side of Kronos. If the description bellow rings somewhere, please let me know. Time zone would be "European".

Who are they? Few hints follow ...

• I would expect not just a random collection of people, and some sort of recruitment process ensures (gives a chance) everyone can fit.
  • They know well, that playing together and having fun are the true dungeon epics. So arguing about a loot is a bit different here (hey, sharing is a nice thing too!).
  • They might not be playing together many days a week, because of their limit game time. Still they want to group - maybe on a weekly basis, or similar. They're coming prepared to the events, because they value each others time.
  • With those time and social limitations, 40man raiding might not be the main thing here.

Thanks for reading, and eventually for contacting me!

Alwira (56 level warlock)

Edit 0303: Added Time zone info.

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm wondering for some time already, if there're people who I would call "organized casuals" here on the horde side of Kronos. If the description bellow rings somewhere, please let me know.

Who are they? Few hints follow ...

• I would expect not just a random collection of people, and some sort of recruitment process ensures (gives a chance) everyone can fit.
  • They know well, that playing together and having fun are the true dungeon epics. So arguing about a loot is a bit different here (hey, sharing is a nice thing too!).
  • They might not be playing together many days a week, because of their limit game time. Still they want to group - maybe on a weekly basis, or similar. They're coming prepared to the events, because they value each others time.
  • With those time and social limitations, 40man raiding might not be the main thing here.

Thanks for reading, and eventually for contacting me!

Alwira (56 level warlock)

In my experience, that kind of guild is lacking on horde side, alliance have 'Stormlords' which I believe comes fairly close to what you're looking for (except for a few minor things perhaps). All guilds that are advertising on the forums seems to be raid oriented.

As for individuals who see themselves in that category (personally, I do), with the recent influx of players, there ought to be some more players that are looking for something similar. My best bet, if you're willing to do a little bit of work, would be ask around in-game and start one yourself with the help of like-minded people (even if you don't want to run it, someone else might).

I encourage you to check us out at <Fireborn Clan>. What you described is us. We are a grassroots guild on the come up. We are planning on our first ZG raid come early April and we do not put emphasis on setting server records or condemn any player for having a busy personal life. Though we are highly organized and people who play with us tend to stay with us.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the answers, I appreciate your feedback!

I forgot to mention one thing in my original post - I'm European based, and (only) because of time zone I would prefer that core players are European (or around) community. Updating original post to add this detail ...

Since it might not only be me, but the demand for European organized casuals might be a general horde interest, let's try to find here what suits the best. I will try to keep this topic open (for few days/weeks).

From today's perspective I see following possibilities:
1. There's already a guild/community that fits the description (waiting for more feedback here)
2. There's a considerable interest now to form a new one (waiting for more feedback here)
3. Join / ask a guild that is similar to it (if none of above seems reasonable)

I will probably announce interest in "organized casuals" in world chat during the weekend, to have some extra attention.

Thanks for the thread, Alwira - this is pretty much exactly was I was looking for! (almost 10 yrs of WoW experience - but also a full RL is thing...)

Are there any updates about this?

I would be looking forward to join the club of organized casuals ;)

Hello,

I want to make a quick update to this topic.

I looked around a bit, went through the feedback here, and conclusion so far is: there was not enough interest to form a new casual EU guild (or join an existing one).

But hey - I found Fireborn Clan being very close to it, and although core players are NA, it's actually more international. I really suggest checking their (now our) website to get more information.

Cheers,
Alwira.

Top Bottom