• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Original epic mounts & pet attack speed

Dalloway

Authorized
Hello Kronos

Two quick questions.
Would it be possible for the original epic mounts (scroll down a bit) to be made available? The ones no longer available from 1.4 onwards.
Does pet attack speed vary by pet as in Classic?

And since this is my first post, I also want to give a shoutout to Chero and to his team. I played World of Warcraft retail for 9 years (2005-2013) and never gave a second thought to private Realms until I heard about this project. Over the past week I've absorbed a lot of information about your work and I was very pleasantly surprised, kudos. Currently, it looks like a superb effort; I have to give it a shot, for old times' sake.

On my two questions, a few more words. They're obviously concerning minor issues, and I am only bringing them up first because they randomly came to mind. I did a quick search and nothing came up, I apologize if it has been brought up before (pet attack speed is mentioned here and there by a few forum members, but nothing on whether it'll be featured by Kronos).
  • I believe giving us access to the original epic mounts would strike a chord with some of us. I did not own such a mount at the time, but I remember seeing a few players riding them over time (very few) and it always brought up a very old-school vibe; it was almost as cute as seeing Open (our Realm's Scarab Lord) wushing about on his Black Qiraji Battletank back in '06. Plus, there are very few mounts available in Classic, slightly more variety may be welcome?
  • As to pet attack speed. There are pros and cons. Personally, I do not have a stake; I did play a huntress as main from Classic to MoP, yet I am not even sure this would be my pick on Kronos now (thinking about tanking). As above, it is more for the sake of the old-school vibe, the feature really defined encounters with certain classes.

Mounts - Old mounts are availible through donation system.
Pets will have stats (including different attack speed) as they had back in days. However, i don't know, how well it's implemented now.

First of all, welcome to Kronos Dalloway.

As Aieris said above, old school mounts will be available through donation only.

All pets will have (they already have) its attack speed as they had it back then, for example Broken Tooth will have one second delay between each attack.

Thank you for your answers and for being so hospitable!

Good news then.
So Broken Tooth and Humar will be stalked once more. And having the unarmored epic mounts available for Donations is a neat compromise. Looking forward to it; patiently - I would not want this project rushed in any way. When it's done, it's done(TM).

@jorim: Agreed! Here's two images that stayed with me. A High Warlord orc warrior on a Red Wolf and a white-haired night elf priestess in full Transcendence on an Ancient Frostsaber.

I recall running a level 11 Night elf to mulgore to get The Rake as a pet, as it had an attack speed only a little bit slower than Broken Tooth and could later stealth with me. That pet was super useful in Warsong Gulch when it was tossed onto a caster. Pushback in classic was a real bummer with the rapid hits.

Fuck $$$
Rip ED
Rip og mounts
Rip dreams
:( why money have to ruin a beautiful thing

Top Bottom