• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

P2P (dream)

Pay-to-play system would be good for Kronos?

• Total voters

nimeralos

Authorized
Hey guys,
I know that it's maybe not the best time to talk about, but on the other hand... Christmas is time for dreams, isn't it?

Imagine P2P Kronos. Imagine that for some small fee you have several guys working on it ~full day. Imagine no delays, imagine AQ, Naxx and GM support guarantee. Imagine no 8 years old kids (child prodigy only %)), imagine that everyone is adequate enough and know some English...

Admins, imagine dozens of thousands of euro... Monthly!

That doesn't have to be only Blizzlike month subscription. Subscription for play after 40, maybe..? Some payment for every new raid ("expansion")..?

Let's just see how you vote :)

Last edited:
Thats a fking horrible idea dude...The only reason Blizzard allows private servers is because they are free to play. The moment you would make it pay to play it would shut down whole twinstar and the team would get a huge fine... The donation system is already barely in the safe zone.

Last edited:
The server would be born dead.

A monthly fee is what i hated the most about retail because it made me feel forced to play. It felt like my character didn't last forever, on a private server it does.

Last edited:
The server would be born dead.

A monthly fee is what i hated the most about retail because it made me feel forced to play. It felt like my character didn't last forever, on a private server it does.

On a private server it feels to me like they arent forever.
Simply because a private server can shut down and basically cease to exist permanently.

For retail they have millions invested in it so your character is safer there if you ask me.

I do agree that the monthly fee made me feel obligated to play aswell, which I fucking hated.
So no I wouldnt pay, unless your server quality is out of this world good, then perhaps.. depending on how much.

1. Twinstar project earns a lot of money from donations. From what i have overheared (it was not confirmed by staff), it's enough money to buy more than 10 top server machines per year.
2. Twinstar already pays its good developers. Making Kronos P2P will not change anything.
3. One CZ private server tryed that years ago. It was the largest and the best cz pserver so far. In 2 days, it became ghosttown. They quit that idea in one week. (payment was about 1.75 euro per month)

Edit: One more thing came to my mind. Talking about that CZ server, making it P2P maded not only players to quit, but also 75% of their dev team. Most of devs don't do this for money, but for fun or they want to provide free wow and making it P2P goes against this idea.

Last edited:
Making Kronos P2P will not change anything.
Yeah, totally, except for:
3. One CZ private server tryed that years ago. It was the largest and the best cz pserver so far. In 2 days, it became ghosttown. They quit that idea in one week. Talking about that CZ server, making it P2P maded not only players to quit, but also 75% of their dev team.

In fact we have seen many polls like this and Blizzard has already officially announced that they will never create any Vanilla server. This is against their own conception of what a true evolutive MMO is and we will obviously never have one even if thousands players are voting "yes". This would have been better if the dream was possible.

Maybe if Kronos was rebuilding WoW into Warcraft 2 or Diablo then fuck yeah but that would be quite an undertaking I imagine.
I can see it now, fighting alongside Ner'Zhul before entering the Dark Portal, saving Grom Hellscream in Dreanor as a main quest, etc.

Top Bottom