• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Paladin in world PVP?

Fatra

Hello, i was wondering how good paladin is in random encounters with horde while leveling?
It seems to me, paladin is really bad, as he has no spells to catch enemy(movement imparing effects),
no spells to keep track on rogue and no spells to get close/ gang horde players.

I had never played paladin, so can someone experienced tell me if what i am saying is true.
Or if alchemy/engineering can make it up for paladin class.
Thanks.

from my experience, leveled a paladin on TBC. I will regard levels 1-50 (before the instant strike).
I can honeslty say it was not so hard to deal with the oposite faction. while you might not have superior chasing abilities or CC, you do have an amazing sustain (heal/bubble) and if you gear up right a nice dps output, add to that hammer of wrath/justice and you are set.

also you can always use seals to prevent enemies from fleeing or use that annoying sprint.
paladins are great :D.

also you can always use seals to prevent enemies from fleeing or use that annoying sprint.
paladins are great :D.

Annoying sprint? Pallys didnt sprint in Vanilla if thats what you mean unlike nowadays.
Unless you mean Pursuit of Justice?

I leveled a Retribution Paladin in Vanilla, and the rest of what you said actually is true though :)
What I did was simply what Ret Paladins do all the time. If hes in range: HoJ + Judgement from SoC, guaranteed crit (?) or increased dmg, then stay on his/her ass because you're specced to move slightly faster than them in Ret spec (Pursuit of Justice). Use Repentance if needed and autoattack them to death with SoC on :p

If all else fails.... Bubble Hearthstone!

I think he means preventing enemies from fleeing or USING that annoying sprint, but I could be wrong.
I wonder which seal he wants to use for that, though.

No he means that judging Seal of Justice actually prevents players from going above 100% move speed.

A lot of people seem to forget about this seal and not use it much but it's quite useful against rogues that sprint and to force shamans/druids to shapeshift.

Paladins in solo world pvp without gear are quite hopeless. Classes like warlocks, hunters, priests, mages will try to outrun you and take you out from a distance or simply outlast you, draining all your mana reserves. If you gain the upper hand, you will get CCd and the enemy will try to refill. You will need engineering or PvP items to be able to prevent it.

Paladins are outstanding with a partner. Supporting is their strongest trait. You can deal reasonable damage while being able to heal, dispel and prevent slowing down.

Seal of Justice is useless in vanilla.

Top Bottom