• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Parry Question

Cr0wL0ck

I will be playing warrior this time around and as i am more familiar with casters than melee combatants i would like to ask how parry currently functions from those experienced with the melee class as i could understand from wowwiki that a parry results in a reduction of the swing timer and i am wondering if this functions for warriors on kronos ?

As there are no reports of it not working of course i assume it works correctly however i still feel the need to ask just in case ;)

What you describe is known as parry haste (or parry-haste, or PH) and it works like this:
- if there's more than 80% left of your swing time when you parry, then you get a full 40% swing time reduction
- else if there's more than 20% of your swing time when you parry, then you get an "up to" 40% swing time reduction
- else if there's less than 20% of your swing time when you parry, then you get no reduction whatsoever

A few examples to illustrate this:
- at 90% ST left, a parry takes you to 50% ST left
- at 70% ST left, a parry takes you to 30% ST left
- at 30% ST left (or anything in the 60-20% interval), a parry takes you to 20% ST left
- at 10% ST left, a parry leaves you at 10% ST still

As such, PH (by itself, without considering the threat loss due to fewer Heroic Strikes) works best with slower weapons. Your own parries grant more benefit when you're wielding slow weapons, and you also decrease the impact of PH whenever your target parries itself.

Top Bottom