• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[MC] Molten Core Patch notes regarding Molten core

Darkside

Patch 1.1

** Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters”
“Quests for Molten Core have been added.”

New Raid Encounters: Molten Core

Loot was as followed:

Lucifron

Loot table:

• some T1 & T2 Loot (not the full set!)
  • Choker of Enlightenment (ID: 17109)
  • Crimson Shocker (ID: 17077)
  • Quest items
    • Tome of Tranquilizing Shot (ID: 16665)
    • Hand of Lucifron (ID: 17329)
Magmadar
Loot table:

• some T1 & T2 Loot (not all!)
  • Medallion of Steadfast Might (ID: 17065)
  • Striker's Mark (ID: 17069)
  • Earthshaker (ID: 17073)

Gehennas

Loot table:

• Quest item
    • Hand of Gehennas (ID: 17331)
Garr
Loot table:

• Drillborer Disk (ID: 17066)
  • Gutgore Ripper (ID: 17071)
  • Aurastone Hammer (ID: 17105)

Baron Geddon

Loot table:

• Seal of the Archmagus (ID: 17110)

Shazzrah
Loot table:

• Quest item
    • Hand of Shazzrah (ID: 17332)

Sulfuron Harbinger
Loot table:

• Shadowstrike (ID: 17074)
  • Quest item
    • Hand of Sulfuron (ID: 17330)

Golemagg the Incinerator
Loot table:

• Blastershot Launcher (ID: 17072)
  • Azuresong Mageblade (ID: 17103)
  • Quest item
    • Sulfuron Ingot (ID: 17203)

Cache of the Firelord (Majordomo Executus)
Loot table:

Ragnaros
Loottable:

• Tier 2
  • Eye of Sulfuras (ID: 17204)
  • Band of Accuria (ID: 17063)
  • Bonereaver's Edge (ID: 17076)
  • Cloak of the Shrouded Mists (ID: 17102)
  • Dragon's Blood Cape (ID: 17107)
  • Malistar's Defender (ID: 17106)
  • Shard of the Flame (ID: 17082)
  • Spinal Reaper (ID: 17104)
  • Quest item
    • Eye of Sulfuras (ID: 17204)

Patch 1.2

If you die in Molten Core, you will now be able to retrieve your corpse at the Blackrock Depths instance line.“

Patch 1.3

Players who have completed the Molten Core discovery quest can now port directly to the zone, bypassing Blackrock Depths.“

The Molten Core Dark Iron turn-in quests (Favor Amongst the Brotherhood) have had several major changes. Turning in Dark Iron Ore will now result in half of its previous faction reward. However, the turn-in requirements for Fiery Core, Core Leather, and Lava Core have been substantially reduced and their faction rewards quadrupled.“

Added in-game voice for Ragnaros and Majordomo Executus.“
[more smaller changes]

New added item:

Magmadar:
Eskhandar's Right Claw added (ID: 18203)

Other changes:
T1 Priest (Updated with new art, except Circlet of Prophecy - art updated in Patch 1.4.0)
T1 Mage (Updated with new art, except Arcanist Crown - art updated in Patch 1.5.0)

This (click) is the old T1 robe model! (T2 was similar but also had a different color)

Patch 1.4

Prior to this patch, Molten Core boss creatures could drop items from one of two different tiered sets for every character class. The loot tables have been changed so Molten Core bosses will now only drop items from the lower tier class sets. However, some of the items from those sets were not previously dropping in Molten Core. These missing class set items will now drop in Molten Core, allowing players to complete their lower tier class sets.”

Yes, also Onyxia dropped T1 and T2 items which was also part of the random boss loot.

Here an old Onyxia Loot (click)

Most of the non-class set items that dropped from Molten Core have had their effective levels increased, resulting in higher DPS weapons, and/or better stats and effects.”

This is how loot liked before Patch 1.4. (click) Compared those to the Patch 1.4 items.

The Golemagg and Shazzrah encounters in the Molten Core has undergone some changes.“
The loot tables for some of the Molten Core bosses have been improved so they drop an additional epic item per kill.”
Molten Core boss creatures have all received some new items on their loot tables”

Loot table changes:
Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas, Garr, Baron Geddon, Shazzrah, Sulfuron Harbinger and Golemagg the Incinerator drop only items from the Tier 1 class set (T2 was mostly removed and readded in Patch 1.6, except head and leg

New added items:

Garr:

• Brutality Blade (ID: 18832) to the Specific Boss loottable

Golemagg the Incinerator:

• Staff of Dominance (ID: 18842) to the Specific Boss loottable

Flamewalker shared loot
(Lucifron, Gehennas,Shazzrah, Sulfuron Harbinger)

• Helm of the Lifegiver (ID: 18870)
  • Manastorm Leggings (ID: 18872)
  • Salamander Scale Pants (ID: 18875)
  • Sorcerous Dagger (ID: 18878)
  • Heavy Dark Iron Ring (ID: 18879)

Non-Flamewalker shared loot (Magmadar, Garr, Baron Geddon, Golemagg the Incinerator)

• Talisman of Ephemeral Power (ID: 18820)
  • Obsidian Edged Blade (ID: 18822)
  • Aged Core Leather Gloves (ID: 18823)
  • Magma Tempered Boots (ID: 18824)
  • Deep Earth Spaulders (ID: 18829)
  • Flamewaker Legplates (ID: 18861)

Cache of the Firelord (Majordomo Executus)

• Ancient Petrified Leaf (ID: 18703)
  • Finkle's Lava Dredger (ID: 18803)
  • Core Hound Tooth (ID: 18805)
  • Core Forged Greaves (ID: 18806)
  • Gloves of the Hypnotic Flame (ID: 18808)
  • Sash of Whispered Secrets (ID: 18809)
  • Wild Growth Spaulders (ID: 18810)
  • Fireproof Cloak (ID: 18811)
  • Wristguards of True Flight (ID: 18812)
  • The Eye of Divinity (ID: 18646)

Ragnaros

• Choker of the Fire Lord (ID: 18814)
  • Essence of the Pure Flame (ID: 18815)
  • Perdition's Blade (ID: 18816)
  • Crown of Destruction (ID: 18817)

Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas, Garr, Baron Geddon, Shazzrah, (not Sulfuron Harbinger?), Golemagg the Incinerator

• Pattern: Core Armor Kit (ID: 18252)
  • Recipe: Major Rejuvenation Potion (ID: 18257)
  • Formula: Enchant Weapon - Spellpower (ID: 18259)
  • Formula: Enchant Weapon - Healing Power (ID: 18260)
  • Plans: Elemental Sharpening Stone (ID: 18264)
  • Pattern: Flarecore Wraps (ID: 18265)
  • Schematic: Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope (ID: 18290)
  • Schematic: Force Reactive Disk (ID: 18291)
  • Schematic: Core Marksman Rifle (ID: 18292)

Other changes:

T1 Warrior - Updated with new art

Patch 1.5

Firesworns that are moved too far away from Garr will now become quite enraged until they move closer to Garr.”
The eruptions from the lava in Ragnaros's Lair will now always happen while Ragnaros is in combat. However, these lava eruptions occur less frequently, do less damage, and the damage they inflict is now resistible.“
The maximum range of the Wrath of Ragnaros spell has been increased.“
Additional new raid items have been added to the treasure lists for Azuregos, Lord Kazzak, and bosses in Molten Core.”

New added items:

Flamewalker shared loot (Lucifron, Gehennas,Shazzrah, Sulfuron Harbinger )
  • Robe of Volatile Power (ID: 19145)
  • Wristguards of Stability (ID: 19146)
  • Ring of Spell Power (ID: 19147)

Non-Flamewalker shared loot (Magmadar, Garr, Baron Geddon, Golemagg the Incinerator)
  • Mana Igniting Cord (ID: 19136)
  • Fire Runed Grimoire (ID: 19142)
  • Flameguard Gauntlets (ID: 19143)
  • Sabatons of the Flamewalker (ID: 19144)

Cache of the Firelord
(Majordomo Executus)
  • Cauterizing Band (ID: 19140)
  • Fireguard Shoulders (ID: 19139)

Ragnaros

• Band of Sulfuras (ID: 19138)
  • Onslaught Girdle (ID: 19137)

Other changes:

T1 Paladin and T1 Rogue - Updated with new art
T1 Druid - Statistics, effects, and set bonuses updated
Arcanist Crown - Updated with new art

Patch 1.6.0

"The chance for an Epic quest item dropping from the Majordomo's chest has been increased to 100%."
The loot tables in Molten Core have been revised slightly.”

New added items:

Garr:
  • Bindings of the Windseeker (right) (ID: 18564)

Baron Geddon:
  • Bindings of the Windseeker (left) (ID: 18563)

Ragnaros:
  • Essence of the Firelord (ID: 19017)

Other changes:

T1 Druid , T1 Shaman, T1 Warlock and T1 Hunter - Updated with new art

Patch 1.7

Several of the Molten Core Epic Weapons have been updated with new weapon glows.”

“Bind on Equip Bracers and Belts in Molten Core now drop more often.”

"A few Molten Core bosses now drop Fiery or Lava Cores."

Core loot added for Garr, Baron Geddon and Golemagg the Incinerator

Patch 1.8

"You now receive Core Leather when you skin Magmadar. "

Patch 1.9

T2 head/legs - Updated with new art (click)
Ragnaros:
  • added Draconic for Dummies (ID: 21110)

Patch 1.10

"Biznicks 247x127 Accurascope now only affects ranged attacks, and Elemental Sharpening Stones no longer will affect ranged weaponry. The schematic for the Accurascope will now drop once again in the Molten Core."

Patch 1.12.0

Pattern: Core Felcloth Bag added to the loottable all the 7 bosses (not for Sulfuron Harbinger)

Click here to see the bug report

Last edited:
Valuable info. A question pops up in my head: Should Bindings of the Windseeker drop from server start or with BWL release?
I did not liked the manner they were treated in Kronos2. Many dropped before BWL was available for raiding.

IMO, this only makes sense if you can also gather the loot evolution info about all 5 man dungeons. If the 5 man loot can be reversed (so that t0 becomes a thing again) then it makes sense to adjust the molten core loot as well.

but if not, that would make the molten core loot even less valuable compared to current pre raid BiS items than it already is.

Ah okay, now after i read the report it makes sense, even after he we talkes about it last week, but without pretty weird without any information why..

@HBK
I don't think its possible to adjust all items to pre-revamp state, even if all stats, and by this i also mean the dropchances, are known, it would be a monumental afford to change everything thing, and after halt a year, when maybe bwl will be released change everything back..
It's a romantical idea to raid mc once again with t0 no spelldamage stuff, but the effort to enable it temporary, is out off relation.. BTW read the issue #3002 it's to overhaul the entire lootsystem, to add real drop pools.

Last edited:
IMO, this only makes sense if you can also gather the loot evolution info about all 5 man dungeons. If the 5 man loot can be reversed (so that t0 becomes a thing again) then it makes sense to adjust the molten core loot as well.

but if not, that would make the molten core loot even less valuable compared to current pre raid BiS items than it already is.

:blink:

Patch 1.5/Patch 1.6

added items in MC Loot tables

• Mana Igniting Cord (ID: 19136)
  • Fire Runed Grimoire (ID: 19142)
  • Flameguard Gauntlets (ID: 19143)
  • Sabatons of the Flamewalker (ID: 19144)
  • Robe of Volatile Power (ID: 19145)
  • Wristguards of Stability (ID: 19146)
  • Ring of Spell Power (ID: 19147)
  • Cauterizing Band (ID: 19140)
  • Fireguard Shoulders (ID: 19139)
  • Band of Sulfuras (ID: 19138)
  • Onslaught Girdle (ID: 19137)
  • Bindings of the Windseeker (right) (ID: 18564)
  • Bindings of the Windseeker (left) (ID: 18563)

Patch 1.6 "The chance for an Epic quest item dropping from the Majordomo's chest has been increased to 100%."

I was so kind and highlighted some items. Furthermore is this only 1 issue regarding the MC loot. As already written in the bug tracker all loot tables should be reworked in order to be more blizzlike. (All raid dungeon loot tables) Otherwise you will end up like a known German server having tons of Ashkandis.:yes:

i totally get that, if some droprates are too high for certain items they should be adjusted. (what gets in my mind would be https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=17076 and https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=17104). If the loot system can be improved, let them do it.

but why taking out all the MC items that were added in 1.5 ? because that's where the 5 man loot comes into play again. If MC doesnt even provide the 1.5 items, why even bothering about MC ? Many people skip alot of the MC loot already, because it's not much of an upgrade to most of the pre raid BiS items.
Many MC items are even worse than pre raid blues and taking out the items that were added with patch 1.5 makes this issue even worse, that's why i said it would be ideal to revert the 5 man loot aswell.

Because only if you go into molten core without the buffed 5man loot, then you could turn MC into a challenge again and make it more attractive as you say. But since that's most likely impossible, it's tough to turn MC into something at all, you know.

If BWL comes early enough, which should be the case, these few post 1.5 items in your raid will not imbalance BWL. That's total peanuts compared to the impact that the buffed pre raid gear makes.

Last edited:
Items stats will not be changed - it's nearly impossible and a waste of time.
Loot in dungeon instances will remain the same (some of devs already mentioned it in diferent thread)
Changes in the MC loot are also waste of time so i think noone will bother with it. Kronos will be 1.12.1 vanilla and so all things except opened raids will be in 1.12.1 state.

I want to mention, that blizz revamped items because community complained, that many of them are useless - Plate with spirit? Cloth with strength? Casters without spell power were totaly useless.

PS: Costy, bindings droped only for the alliance and it took about half a year. In 1 year, nobody was able to craft Sulfuras, hand of ragnaros, so if these items will be availible from the begining, nobody will, most likely, have them till late BWL.

i totally get that, if some droprates are too high for certain items they should be adjusted. (what gets in my mind would be https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=17076 and https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=17104). If the loot system can be improved, let them do it.

In general there is always a place for improvement and I argue loot is definitely one.

but why taking out all the MC items that were added in 1.5 ? because that's where the 5 man loot comes into play again. If MC doesnt even provide the 1.5 items, why even bothering about MC ? Many people skip alot of the MC loot already, because it's not much of an upgrade to most of the pre raid BiS items.
Many MC items are even worse than pre raid blues and taking out the items that were added with patch 1.5 makes this issue even worse, that's why i said it would be ideal to revert the 5 man loot aswell.

Because it is easy to do. We all know that some of the MC loot is crap but I am talking about the listed ones above.

I have played (as well as you) on several private servers and I have noticed something. When BwL is released a lot of players stop raiding MC. Since it is a 1x rates server it will take ages to raid proper MC and in adding the listed items at a later point you will have more players keep on raiding it. Of course those will only be the minority and mostly the players who want to have extremely good geared characters but still this could be a chance to help fresh level 60 to gain a spot. After seeing so many private server struggle with population I personally would take any action possible to give fresh level 60 a chance in order to secure that population increases.

I am not such an optimist to see 1000 players from the start which all level up to 60 within 2 months and start raiding. I would love to see this but it is still quite unlikely.

If BWL comes early enough, which should be the case, these few post 1.5 items in your raid will not imbalance BWL. That's total peanuts compared to the impact that the buffed pre raid gear makes.

I never argued that those would imbalance future raid content.

Of course is it peanuts which everyone knows who has some knowledge about WoW. Don`t forget in your argument that also talents/spells have been reworked and not only the blue dungeon gear.

Items stats will not be changed - it's nearly impossible and a waste of time.

Sounds like you have some impressive knowledge about database development or why is it impossible?

I want to mention, that blizz revamped items because community complained, that many of them are useless - Plate with spirit? Cloth with strength? Casters without spell power were totaly useless.

I want to mention that this started topic has the aim to help people consider loot table rework at the example of Molten Core given in the bug tracker. (HERE) It was not my intention that people start to write here without even knowing the purpose.

Imo guilds will still raid MC after BWL release. They will need Bindings of the Windseeker ( ONLY if they will be available with BWL opening) and T2 pants and other Raggy loot (legendary 2H).

Geared guilds will run through MC in hour top. That is if the server actually has proper population and we get established raiding guilds in the first place...

MC never loses relevance even in late game. There are always items that are needed by many classes.
ToEP, Onslaught, Weapons, T2 and so on.

You will always have a reason to run that instance.

Top Bottom