• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Pet Question:

Cr0wL0ck

I was wondering if Infernal's work on Kronos, ED had a couple known bugs that they never really fixed such as:

attacking while owner is mounted
doesn't increase run speed when owner mounts or buffs from potion
permanent immune to "enslave demon" although the tool-tip tells you to enslave after control is lost
can be summoned within buildings although it clearly states only outdoors

i know Kronos is far from as buggy as ED, but i couldn't find any info on it having been fixed or not on twinhead

note: vanilla twinhead has "felguard" listed under warlock pets but not "infernal" or "doomguard".

If Infernals and Doomguards work properly on Kronos, it will be a miracle. Emerald Dream, Valkyrie, and other 1.12.1 servers all suffer from the 30 minute duration bug on both summoned demons. As opposed to despawning instantly the moment their hate list was cleared, as per old Blizzard Retail WoW.

http://wowmb.net/forums/f9/2827-infernal_doomguard_discussion/p2/

The 2005 dated post that I spent almost 2 hours researching for sums up the mechanics, but no other 1.12.1 server has made an effort to correct it. Thus, Crossroads + quest givers + flight masters remain bombed with lethal speedbumps at 30 min a pop, refreshed the moment their hate list has new targets.

the link you gave isnt too informative when the enslave lasted 15 and not 5 min. and when they added the spell as a rare world drop among the demons with low drop chance rather than the quest chain in fellwood.

in tbc both doomguard and infernal where like that but in vanilla you could get infernal through a chain quest and fight an elite infernal at the end to gain the spell but doomguard summon always required you to farm those elite demons close to the portal area or hope curse of doom proced 1 but the chance was like 5-10% for the curse so :wacko:

Last edited:
Oh, no no no. What I was trying to get across was that when an Infernal or Doomguard was summoned by a warlock, the moment the initial control broke, the demon would have the warlock on their hate list with a terminally strong hate value and would seek them out first. The warlock of course would attempt to Enslave the thing to continue control, until diminishing returns made it impossible and the thing had to either be killed or outran.

On classic WoW, as per that link, the very moment that the summoned demon's hate list was clear of any enemies, it instantly despawned.

On nearly every private server I've encountered, the Infernal and Doomguard are given a blanket 30 minute duration of staying spawned past that point. Which leads to ridiculous exploits of bored warlocks waiting for a BG to pop or a raid to form in laying waste to lower level quest hubs, like Crossroads, for a really low cost.

If Kronos has the duration and despawn set correctly, it will be the first private server to have done so since the old Bloodcraft server from years back.

yeah but the core issues are that it:

can attack while you are mounted, not just its passive aoe but also hit enemies
doesn't increase run speed when owner mounts or buffs from potion
permanent immune to "enslave demon" although the tool-tip tells you to enslave after control is lost

especially the bug that it cannot ever be enslaved even after you wait up to 2 hours from loosing control, and i wanted to know if those have been fixed.

What i know, nobody reported these things (maybe nobody even know that). So feel free to make a report (with proves), testers will look at it and if it's buged, i'm sure that Chero will fix it.

To the first post - follow should be fixed, speed increase - mount works, the rest i don't know, enslave immunity - i don't know too.

? so i should report what i suspect might be wrong ? i thought only testers report to fix etc. i dont have access to the current Kronos before release like everyone else, i just know what is completely wrong on ED :)

You can make reports. The main idea is - both servers are using the same core, so they started with the same bugs. If it's not reported, then it's probably not fixed either.

Infernal work while mounted same for enslaving while first enslave broke ,just tested , if u need more specific test pm me please

Last edited:
I hope pet pathing is fine for both hunters and warlocks and they dont disapear on boat/zepp. Always hated that bug. All and all, would be cool if we see a video dedicated to pets.:smile:

Yeah, also curious how pet leashing will work, what the leash range is, and how well the pet pathing works when you say, jump off of the roof in FR/EFR in warsong gulch.
As of now,I tend to engage in battle with my pet far behind, and the resulting lack of dispels or silence on hand gets me pretty madbro :mad2:

Currently pet pathing on the test realm works good. I say good, not perfect.
Everything you asked so far works, but there is still some finetuning to be done.

Like pets sometimes ignore terrain entirely when you call them to you.

Right now, it just follow you and ignore pathfinding. Not the blizzlike solution, but better than going around. But chero is working on more blizzlike solution.

Right now, it just follow you and ignore pathfinding. Not the blizzlike solution, but better than going around. But chero is working on more blizzlike solution.

Right now, you don't know how it works :p

It used to work like that back then, as you said.

Top Bottom