• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Pet won't gain loyalty at level 12 (barrens)?

usmdesigner

At level 12, I picked a lvl 12 female prowler. I hit 13 an it hit 13 and it never gained loyalty. I abandoned it and retried. I now have hit 14 and it has hit 14 and still it hasn't gain even loyalty level 2.

I've kept it 100% happy the entire time and burned around 2 stacks of food.

Is there something bugged that I can fix? Is it the female prowlers that are bugged specifically?

Last edited:
Pet loyalty and pet level are independent from one another. You can tame a brand new pet and never actually level it, but just sit in a town and keep it fed/happy and it will eventually reach 'Best Friend' in lotalty. Granted this would take forever.

Just keep it happy, fight and level with it and you can usually reach Best Friend within 6 or 7 levels.

haha.. i'm up 4 levels now (it is up 3) and it hasn't gain one level of loyalty. still level 1

I finally abandon'd and i've gotten a raptor and level'd it twice and still nothing

then tried a spider and the same thing.

not sure if there is just somthing up with this account, or my hunter? It can't take that long to level loyalty to 2. My buddy said his took around 3 to 5 minutes and it level'd to 2.

3 to 5 minutes to get to happiness level 2 is not possible. Here are potential solutions:

-Always keep pet well-fed (Green happy face)
-Do not let the pet die
-Don't use dismiss pet too much
-Stop abandoning your pets

I've played 2 hunters from 1-60 in both K1 and K2's lifetimes and have never had an issue.

In my opinion you should keep the same pet well-fed and without deaths for 12 hours in game before becoming concerned.
Patience is a virtue.

So you're saying this server doesn't go by the rules these sites have found? Also that I have a friend who's pet ranked up to 2 extremely fast but for some reason mine through 4 to 6 levels (probably a weeks worth of play, I didn't grind from 12 to 18 quickly at all) is reasonable to NOT have hit 2 yet?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Loyalty

https://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/time-requirements-for-hunter-pet-loyalty-gain/

I mean, I'm not saying he should be rank 6. I'm saying just rank 2. 12 hours of game time play and the pet never dying is literally over the top, even for Vanilla, just for rank 2.

If there are other hunters that back your claim, I would like to hear it. Because that class on this server is pointless. I played original vanilla and leveled multiple hunters to 60... I know pet leveling wasn't what you claim here., so this is why I keep saying "for this server".

What these sites claim sounds 100% accurate to me from what I remember.

And once again... this is all JUST based around simply getting out of the rebelious stage of rank 1.... to rank 2... that's all.

Yea i can see what you're saying, by all measures your pet should have increased loyalty due to your time in game and levels gained.

I looked at the bug tracker and it may have something to do with a bug regarding pets tamed at the same level as the hunter, which leads to having a slowed happiness gain. However, this has been marked as not a bug.

"If a hunter tames a pet the same level as him he has to feed it far more often than if he tames a pet a level below him. Has something to do with experience."

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8363

Maybe try taming a pet below your level if you have not already.

Yeah, all my pets are 2 levels below when I tame them. I just got a spider 3 days ago when I was 19. He was 18. He's now popped a level and so Have I. He's still loyalty level 1.

Think I'm just going to abandon playing the hunter.

I tried it on the ptr and my pet gained loyalty normally after a few hours of fighting and feeding it

Don't worry about it, pets work just fine from my K1 experience. The first few loyalty levels usually take longer afaik. And as someone already mentioned you need to keep the pet Happy (green face) at all time, don't let it die or dismiss it. Also dont forget that the more you fight with it, the faster it gains loyalty. E.g. if you quest your way from 16 to 19 lvl, then your pet might not get the loyalty level, but if you would grind the same amount of exp with your pet summoned, then it would be lvl 2 loyalty at least.

Top Bottom