• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

pfUI - An EvlUI inspired UI completely written from scratch

shagu

pfUI - ElvUI inspired single UI-Addon entirely written from scratch

Hi,
you probably don't know me. My name is Shagu and I'm in vanilla addon development since end of 2013.
I'd like to introduce you a new project I'm working on for about half a year.
For me, it's an educational project to learn as much as possible about Wow-API.

The Addon aimes to be a full replacement for the original Wow interface.
The design is highly inspired by TukUI and ElvUI (which I never used) as well as several other screenshots,
I found around the web during the last 10 years.

It's completely written from scratch without any inclusion of 3rd party addons or libraries.
It's not an addon-pack like ShaguUI, which means that no external Addons will be included.
There will be support for external addons like MobHealth3 and HealComm, but they won't shipped within the package.

pfUI is still under heavy development so please report all bugs and errors in the Bugtracker.
Feature-Requests might not be processed right now (but feel free to ask for it).

Commands
/pfui Open the configuration GUI
/gm Open the ticket Dialog
/rl Reload the whole UI

Languages
pfUI will support and contain language specific code for the following languages.

- English (enUS)
- French (frFR) [translators required]
- German (deDE)
- Chinese (zhCN) [translators required]
- Russian (ruRU) [translators required]

Screenshots

screen.jpg

moveit.jpg

bag.jpg

Recommended Addons

- DPSMate
- HealComm
- WIM
- MobHealth3

Download
Website // Github // Download

Installation
- Download from Github as Zip, unpack and rename the folder pfUI-master to pfUI.
- Copy "pfUI" to Wow-Directory\Interface\AddOns
- Make sure to have the file "Wow-Directory\Interface\AddOns\pfUI\pfUI.toc"
- Restart Wow

FAQ
- What does "pfUI" stand for?
The term "pfui!" is german and simply stands for "pooh!", because I'm not a big fan of creating configuration UI's especially not via the Wow-API (you might have noticed that in ShaguUI).

- How can I checkout the current state?
See Installation Section. But be aware that things might not work for you.

- When will it be ready?
I have no idea and no timeline yet. I'm working on it whenever I have motivation.

- Why do I get lots of LUA Errors?
Please disable all addons beside pfUI and check if you still get error messages. If the messages are gone, check one addon after the other and report conflicting addons in the Bugtracker.

- How can I donate?
You can't. I'm doing that for fun. Enjoy!

- How can I contribute?
Report LUA-Errors and Issues in the Bugtracker.

I hope you like it. If I forgot to mention something or you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Shagu

Last edited:
Probably going to submit some bug tracking, not sure what's going on, but I used ShagUI and pfUI on K1 for a couple weeks, no issues at all.

Started over on K2 and its been nothing but CTD's since about the Westfall area. But on Horde, never had any issues. Tested a small amount on a new char in the dwarf area, no issues so far, but not enough sample size to determine.

Edit: Also, cleared out WDB and WTF folders as well, cleaned out entire interface folder. Only started happening recently though within the last week when I had to install it on a new computer.

Edit2: Going to try the interface again, I crashed when using another addon pack, left the guild I was in that had over 1k members, didnt crash at all. Will report back and let you know

Last edited:
Re: pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI completely written from scratch

I like what I see on the screenshot. But it's probably like most UIs nowaday. All of them are quite nice leveling UIs, but will burst when 60 and raiding, since there is sooo much additional addons who will be needed which just do not fit in there.
Show me a nice 40 man raiding screenshot with buff addon, KTM, damage meter, decurse, boss ability tracker, button bars for all spells and the needed consumables, extra chat frame for /world and so on.

Still, nice clean UI atm.

Gesendet von meinem MI 4 mit Tapatalk

I like what I see on the screenshot. But it's probably like most UIs nowaday. All of them are quite nice leveling UIs, but will burst when 60 and raiding, since there is sooo much additional addons who will be needed which just do not fit in there.
Show me a nice 40 man raiding screenshot with buff addon, KTM, damage meter, decurse, boss ability tracker, button bars for all spells and the needed consumables, extra chat frame for /world and so on.

Still, nice clean UI atm.

Gesendet von meinem MI 4 mit Tapatalk

I'd say there are few 1.2.1 UIs like this. Most UI's are basically collections of addons and the players wtf folders put together in a zip folder and uploaded online. So many UI's end up containing so many addons that users really do not need which leads to bloat and worse case errors.

Shagu directly modified the UI using the Blizzard API to create the UI. It's extremely memory efficient, as well as less prone to addon errors. Also, it provides a very consistent look for all the modules as well as the other third party addons that Shagu has provided support.

There is support for DPSMate and WIM as you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPDzlv0OxU

Edit: Also, I've been raiding with this addon for half a year at least and use all my raiding addons (KTM, Burn, Classic Snowfall, Detox etc.).

Last edited:

Thanks for the long reply and sorry for answering late from my side :blushing:

I like the clean raiding version from your video.
This is the same UI, right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjZgokpyFY8

I might give it a try since my addons eat all of my memory on my old computer and I have quite some problems in raids with fps (<10 all the time).

Yea, that is the same UI with some additional addons enabled :)

It should definitely help with the memory issues!

Yea, that is the same UI with some additional addons enabled :)

It should definitely help with the memory issues!

Just installed it and I like the first impressions. Will try it in raid on wednesday.

About the additional addons, what addon is that cooldown frame with the seconds and minutes? Is there support for decursive somehow?

There's no official integration for decursive yet, but you can definitely use it still.

The cooldown addon is Coolline by bit :) here's the link: https://github.com/shirsig/cooline
To move the bar I believe you either hold down alt and right click... or maybe it's control and left click.. :laugh:

I like the UI so far.

But I have 1 major problem and 2 minor ones:

1. When I change the global font size to any other size not 10, I'll have always some chat hidden like on the screenshot

bc1nelw.png

If I change the chatframe manually in size, it will be back hidden with the next login :(

2. How do I remove keybinds on my action bar?

3. How do I remove Buffs/Debuff on my player UI? Target one is fine, but I don't need the buffs two times on the screen.

Thanks!

Hi,

1. I know, this is still buggy. You might want to use the scale feature instead, to bring the chat into the desired size.
(Shift-Scroll while Frames are unlocked)
2. As usual, got to the WoW Keybind settings.
3. Not yet included. Config option will follow soon.

Edit: PS: EzDismount should not be required within pfUI. (https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/blob/master/modules/autoshift.lua#L70-L106)

Cheers

Last edited:
so when trying to make the chat text box wider things bug out pretty bad. i'm really enjoying this though.

i am experiencing lags during raids, game keeps have little freezes all the time. I tried to /rl ui several times, it works for a while but then it starts to lag again. Any ideas?

Guys can i disable the main action bar or hide it? i want to make my UI with the minimap at the middle so i need 2 separated bars, here a screenshot

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_111216_210613.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_111216_210613.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for creating such a fantastic UI! Simply clean and easy to use. Was happy when I saw even WIM was skinned. Definitely the work of a perfectionist.

Honestly, the best part is that it's super easy to setup. I never had too much issue w/ UIs in the past, but the fact that this looked great out of the box was a huge surprise. A little config here and there, and wham - a UI for the masses.

i am experiencing lags during raids, game keeps have little freezes all the time. I tried to /rl ui several times, it works for a while but then it starts to lag again. Any ideas?

This. Massive lag/freeze during raids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom