• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

pfUI - An EvlUI inspired UI completely written from scratch

Can you list which addons you're using in addition to PFUI? A complete list would be most beneficial.

• pfUI
  • classic snowfall
  • bigwigs
  • dpsmate
  • ktm
  • postal

I tried disabling all addons except pfUI, but still having performance issues unfortunately.

• pfUI
  • classic snowfall
  • bigwigs
  • dpsmate
  • ktm
  • postal

I tried disabling all addons except pfUI, but still having performance issues unfortunately.
do you happen to have vertical sync on? I found that mine was on after first installing pfUI, so make sure it's off.

do you happen to have vertical sync on? I found that mine was on after first installing pfUI, so make sure it's off.

Vertical sync is off, and Im fairly sure that VS have nothing to do with this issue.

I'll say it again, this issue is ONLY happening during raids. Since you seem to not have this issue, did you try in raids?

Bugtracker

This UI looks amazing, thanks for your hard work.

Please consider adding the following:
Options to add/remove action bars (including the stance bar)
Toggle option to set the debuff/buff display on the player/target unitframes as either a bar or the current icon.
Movable bag frame

If this UI had those options I'd settle for it, for life.

Vertical sync is off, and Im fairly sure that VS have nothing to do with this issue.

I'll say it again, this issue is ONLY happening during raids. Since you seem to not have this issue, did you try in raids?

Bugtracker

i turned vertical sync off and all the lags are gone, have you tried to check your video card settings? on Nvidia you can actually set v sync for all the games/programs

Windows Anniversary update will also cause this kind of performance loss unless you turn off that new game DVR it has enabled by default.

i made a KTM and SW_stats version in pfUI style, you can use this till shagu implent it into the UI, enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg5mhsbnntjembo/SW_Stats.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q6idlbeqevpt3h/KLHThreatMeter.zip?dl=0

oxrdrfu.jpg

Last edited:
I had to rework the whole backdrop functionality and the framesize calculations.
It was alot of work, but I really had to do this, because the old API ran up against its limits when it comes to customizability. Some things might be broken now, some others are maybe fixed.
Please don't hesitate to create an issue in the bugtracker if you find something bad.
For more informations, what I have done and why I did that, please have a look at:

https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/commit/8891a1df446f4fb5088ecdfb0fd196a7c334bd69

You might also want to have a look here, for some screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/pUxiJ

Cheers

Last edited:
I had to rework the whole backdrop functionality and the framesize calculations.
It was alot of work, but I really had to do this, because the old API ran up against its limits when it comes to customizability. Some things might be broken now, some others are maybe fixed.
Please don't hesitate to create an issue in the bugtracker if you find something bad.
For more informations, what I have done and why I did that, please have a look at:

https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/commit/8891a1df446f4fb5088ecdfb0fd196a7c334bd69

You might also want to have a look here, for some screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/pUxiJ

Cheers

Could you please address these questions? :)

This UI looks amazing, thanks for your hard work.

Please consider adding the following:
Options to add/remove action bars (including the stance bar)
Toggle option to set the debuff/buff display on the player/target unitframes as either a bar or the current icon.
Movable bag frame

If this UI had those options I'd settle for it, for life.

If you don't mind me asking - what is the ignite addon you are using? Another wonderful Renew creation I presume? I modified ignitestatus to use pfUI's backdrop but your addon looks much simpler and cleaner.

i made a KTM and SW_stats version in pfUI style, you can use this till shagu implent it into the UI, enjoy!

There will be new unitframes soon. But I still need some testers before merging them into the master branch.
For those of you who already want to participate, check out the "new-unitframes" branch and report bugs withis this ticket:
https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/494

Thanks in advance.

Are you upgrading from a pretty old version of pfUI? Please check on another character if this issue still occurs with an empty default config. If you already had pfUI installed during its beta-phase, you might ran into some config incompatibilities.

Are you upgrading from a pretty old version of pfUI? Please check on another character if this issue still occurs with an empty default config. If you already had pfUI installed during its beta-phase, you might ran into some config incompatibilities.

That's it :) I removed all older WTF files and it worked! Awesome :)

Love this Addon, great work so far! :)
But is there any chance to make Clique work with these Unitframes?
Or is there any other opportunity for mouseover casts?

Edit: Well blame me for bein' lazy xD - found the solution on shagu's github! For everyone else having this problem here's where to go -> https://github.com/shagu/Clique/releases
Cheers!

Last edited:
There has been alot of activity since my last post. In case you haven't updated yet, you might want to do it now :)

@shagu Very pleased with your UI. Thanks for your hard work. A few issues / questions, if you find time to respond. - Do your nameplates support casting bars? - I've had issues with the target's casting bar wherein I can see casted attacks made against me but cannot see when a target is casting a healing spell. For example, in Raven Hill, there are Skeletal Healers which cast shadowbolts and healing spells. I can only see the cast bar for the shadowbolt. - And lastly, I've seen player UI's with the ability to see numerical values for HP/Mana on enemy players. Is this a supported feature or something you're hoping to integrate in the future? Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi there :)
@shagu For example, in Raven Hill, there are Skeletal Healers which cast shadowbolts and healing spells. I can only see the cast bar for the shadowbolt.
As there aren't enemy castbars available in vanilla, this is all made by guesswork and combat log analytics. I just had a look and their spell called 'Heal' is actually shipped with the pfUI spell database.. I have no idea why the're not showed, though. Gues I need to go there and check.
And lastly, I've seen player UI's with the ability to see numerical values for HP/Mana on enemy players. Is this a supported feature or something you're hoping to integrate in the future? Thank you in advance for your time.
In vanilla, there shouldn't be real HP values at all. There are addons available that calculate and estimate the targets health, based on the damage you've dealed. Such addons are either called MobHealth3 or MobInfo2, both are supported by pfUI. Once you have one installed, pfUI will show actual values (as soon as the addon can provide those) Cheers

@shagu Thank you for your response. I've most of my issues resolved, so I appreciate that. The only issue I am still having is with the target casting bar. Just to clarify the issue from above, I am not seeing any type of healing spell from any target be it player, npc, or even my own heals. Again, this is only the target's cast bar. All other cast bars work perfectly. I don't know if any other players are having this issue or if it is singular to me, but I am at a loss for how to fix it.

@shagu Thank you for your response. I've most of my issues resolved, so I appreciate that. The only issue I am still having is with the target casting bar. Just to clarify the issue from above, I am not seeing any type of healing spell from any target be it player, npc, or even my own heals. Again, this is only the target's cast bar. All other cast bars work perfectly. I don't know if any other players are having this issue or if it is singular to me, but I am at a loss for how to fix it.
As there aren't any functions in classic to read the target castbar, pfUI is scanning the combat log for events that indicate that someone or some NPC is starting a cast, it then parses that text to filter out the spellname. pfUI has an internal database of all(?) spells that are ingame, including their cast duration. If the spell was found, a target castbar will show up using this duration. In other words: It doesn't detect your cast, because I thought it wouldn't make any sense to waste resources on detecting the own casts as they are shown in the player-castbar anyway. But regarding the other casts (Enemy Players / Enemy NPCs) you should be able to see them. If not, then you're maybe running a non-english client with an old version of pfUI? Cheers

Top Bottom