• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Plaguebloom respawn times

serbanm2

Authorized
Hey guys,

Y'all really need to fix Plaguebloom respawn rates. Since they're completely broken in Eastern Plaguelands (as in, only a handful of the potential spawn points are actually spawning), I'm going to address this in regards to Felwood only.

I have been running around Felwood, with a map of Plaguebloom spawn locations open, on an epic mount, for the last month and a half. I usually spend a total of 1-2 hours per day doing this.

During this time, I'm LUCKY if I can find 3 herb spawns. Usually it's 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 0. This means an average of 2-3 herbs (not stacks), per hour of total work.

At first, I played this off as me being unlucky. But then I started talking to other herbalists, and it seems that it's common knowledge that farming Plaguebloom = cancer.

Please fix this.

The price on plaguebloom is skyrocketing. Currently its around ~40g per stack and only going up. If there's some way to alleviate this shortage that would be awesome.

Its not really about the respawn times, but the max number of nodes of plaguebloom a zone can have. EPL can have like ~5(random guess, but it's very low) plaguebloom up, for such a huge zone(with like 100 possible spawn locations), while having 30 dreamfoil up. This disproportionate number is why dreamfoil is 6g/stack and plaguebloom is 30g/stack.
So if anything -> we should push for more plagueblooms(not possible spawn locations) in the zones.

I have actually 100 stacks of plaguebloom in bank. I farmed for 3 months 1-2h a day on Felwood with my rogue (Chorizo). As i got my goal achieve, i am not actively farming anymore BUT like many herbalist i am just staying on a spot with Silver Mountain and plaguebloom, logging in, picking, logging out.

I can say there are at least 5 nodes on a 40-45mins timers (2 spots with Silver mountain at the same place) for plaguebloom and some 1-2 complete random spawns between a set of 8/9 spawns.

What you encountered is just heavy camping of chinese doing the exact same thing i am doing, they are just camping the fixed spawned.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, for EPL, it seems most potential nodes just aren't spawning. I kept seeing the same ones pop up, and it was only a handful, with an almost hour-long respawn time.

Anyway, whether it's increasing spawn times or number of potential simultaneous nodes available, something needs to be done, because paying 40g per stack of plaguebloom (which I'm assuming will easily break 60g once AQ comes out in a couple of weeks) is getting ridiculous.

I dont understand this, when i farm i usually get at least 2 stks per 2-3 hours along with 30-40 MSS and 60-80 Groms, DF. If you are not finding any herbs maybe its because you are looking at a spawn location map instead of running on a wider circle

Whats that spawn location map based on anyway, retail? Mangos? or kronos data itself?

I dont understand this, when i farm i usually get at least 2 stks per 2-3 hours along with 30-40 MSS and 60-80 Groms, DF. If you are not finding any herbs maybe its because you are looking at a spawn location map instead of running on a wider circle

Whats that spawn location map based on anyway, retail? Mangos? or kronos data itself?

I am still farming in a wider circle, just following the map on the official Kronos database to make sure I don't miss the more obscure spots.

While I am having difficulty with Plaguebloom, I can easily farm 3-4 stacks on Gromsblood in the same time, so that's not an issue.

You just need to have 10 or more characters sitting st spawn locations. It's easy jeez.

I'm seeing herbalists that loot plagueblooms once 45 minutes and log off at each spawn lately, especially in Felwood. Kinda explains it. I could not farm even a stack in 2 hours despite noting down timers and pushing the horde competition out of area.

btw Orc male and gnome female rogues look like they're about to take a dump when they stealth.
Not related, just wanted to share my opinion.

Last edited:
This problem has been happening for a few months now. Recently it has seemed to have increased to an epidemic.

I'm seeing herbalists that loot plagueblooms once 45 minutes and log off at each spawn lately, especially in Felwood. Kinda explains it. I could not farm even a stack in 2 hours despite noting down timers and pushing the horde competition out of area.

btw Orc male and gnome female rogues look like they're about to take a dump when they stealth.
Not related, just wanted to share my opinion.

Tistles and Oppahansi don't share?

I saw guidless unknown lvl 56-60 alts that logged in and out periodically. I check /who in my zone often so after i realized it i added them to friendlist and stole the nodes a couple times ;3 but its impossible to keep up with a person logging in 3 characters in a huge zone at each fixed spot.

And yes, they dont share ;'(

inb4 claims of you could sit tens of characters at herb spots all over the world in retail if you were hardcore and dedicated enough.

This is just another byproduct of free accounts and the awful 7x event.

inb4 claims of you could sit tens of characters at herb spots all over the world in retail if you were hardcore and dedicated enough.

This is just another byproduct of free accounts and the awful 7x event.

But... you could...

[video]https://youtu.be/cW_Lv0r-l4c?t=41s[/video]

it might seems hypocritical for me to ask for it (as i "abuse it for months") but it's should be time now to remove the fixed spawn:

Plaguebloom camping.jpg

I waited 10 mins on a fixed spawn and at the spawning time 2 lvl 60 just log in.

Then as you all saw, the server crashed but it doesnt reset the timer anymore and it seems those two didn't know about it and then:

Plaguebloom camping ninja.jpg

It would be a nice time to completly randomize the spawn i think :p, but still from me it would look hypocritical.

i made a bug report a few days back regarding a similar/connected issue that didnt seem to get much attention. can anyone confirm similar experiences?

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=9027

as far as i know just a handful of spawns are on a 45min respawn. is this working as intended? does anyone remember if this was the case back in the day?

cheers

i made a bug report a few days back regarding a similar/connected issue that didnt seem to get much attention. can anyone confirm similar experiences?

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=9027

as far as i know just a handful of spawns are on a 45min respawn. is this working as intended? does anyone remember if this was the case back in the day?

cheers

Maybe the Plaguebloom spawns you never have seen up are being camped heavily. A change to a dynamic spawn timer could show whether this is the case or not.

well what i know for a fact is that some plaguebloom respawn on a set timer and some dont. and i assume that if all plaguebloom would respawn on a 45min timer we werent at such a shortage. what i dont know tho is how this worked on retail. thats why my bugreport is a bit useless....

was in EPL, with 2/3 other guildes last night from 18:00 to about 21:00

what i got one thoes hours, with some afk(eating) and afking for black lotus

1 Black lotus(other guildies got 3 other)
20 plaguebloom
70 dreamfoil.
with currendly prices its around 50g/hour(was lucky to get lotus and timer)
while i was there i saw 3-4 alliance running around
about 5-7 hordes running around to herb too. 100% they are just insanely farmede right now, without people selling em,

but yet again, i could just farm dm:e and do 50-60g/hour without so much luck :/

the the prices atm is insane high, but i think its the hype of AQ, saw elemental earth being on 5g each the other day, insane, might get better after aq release might now,
maybe add so there have to be atlest 1-2 plaugebloom up at all time in EPL/WPL? with the normal spawn rates,ld

Last edited:
was in EPL, with 2/3 other guildes last night from 18:00 to about 21:00

what i got one thoes hours, with some afk(eating) and afking for black lotus

1 Black lotus(other guildies got 3 other)
20 plaguebloom
70 dreamfoil.
with currendly prices its around 50g/hour(was lucky to get lotus and timer)
while i was there i saw 3-4 alliance running around
about 5-7 hordes running around to herb too. 100% they are just insanely farmede right now, without people selling em,

but yet again, i could just farm dm:e and do 50-60g/hour without so much luck :/

the the prices atm is insane high, but i think its the hype of AQ, saw elemental earth being on 5g each the other day, insane, might get better after aq release might now,
maybe add so there have to be atlest 1-2 plaugebloom up at all time in EPL/WPL? with the normal spawn rates,ld

Your numbers match pretty well what I can "afk-farm" each day as well

Top Bottom