• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please make a PvE server

reachkid

Mods/Developers: Please make a PvE server. This community is so inundated with toxic players that just farm lower level players that I can't stand spending half my playing time on a corpse run. The world is just filled with roaming bands of bored players, griefing others. I know that a good portion of this community would say "git gud", and that's great that this game has attracted such high-quality gamers, but there are folks out there that just want to enjoy the PvE aspect of the game, and find it difficult when they are surrounded by obnoxious players. You have now made 3 servers....all PvP. There is no reason for this. WSG/AB/AV are still a vast majority of the pvp content...I've quested in Hillsbrad...there are no Taren Mill/Southshore battles going on...just high level gankers griefing lvl 20s. It's really pathetic. I came to KIII hoping I could fast-track past all the ganking, but I'm just a dirty casual, and can't put in the time like some of the serious players out there. I am just asking for a PvE server. You guys do such a great job on these servers... It is terrible that the community is ruining it for a portion of your subscribers. Thanks for your time. Respectfully

Go outside. Learn to space out your walls of text. Stop crying about wPvP. Just stop, you and people like you come across as massive children everytime you whinge about stuff. Stop playing or do something, I know a lot of people like you tend to just sit on your hands till 60, then you sit on your hands some more. but you would not believe how effective numbers can be, sure a lot of things will miss, but things like sunder armor, poisons, etc will stack and wwhacking the enemy will bring them down. You may not pop them outright but you'll do enough damage. A single stone may cause no damage to a metal sheet, but multiple will.

Learn to space out your walls of text.
Forums are broken and HTLM formatting is needed to space things out. This sentence was supposed to be at a separate line. On topic: ganking sucks, but Kronos can't keep two servers up, and you don't want to play on a dead Kronos PvE. Do something else if you're being ganked too much. Friendly reminder: it'll get way worse on 48.

ganking gets worse and bad on a overcrowded server, because originally the pop cap ensures that you have a lot more space to see somebody coming or to run away, as the density of players isn't so high (less incentive for skulls to go seek grey kills too, and you can also more easily avoid something like 1v2 happening, since capped pop limits density) i think there are players who would rather just play the pve game most of the time and wpvp as optional with flags, makes sense.. i would only go pvp servers cause im that kind of player, but sure makes some sense that some would prefer pve. it would be nice if they can have their place.. maybe best thing to do is gather a little team and talk to a team that knows how to run servers??

maybe best thing to do is gather a little team and talk to a team that knows how to run servers??
It's not about the team, it's about splitting the community. Only one Kronos shall live and prosper. By the way, doubt there's much ganking on K1 atm. So it's essentially a PvE raidlogging server.

all i've seen these past years is servers with overcrowding where a lot of people think wpvp sucks because the server is overcrowded which breaks the balance of wpvp (and leveling)

i'll just say remember blizzard of the early 2000 (the true blizzard :p) designed this game with balance in all the values and signified the importance of population by displaying it when you choose the realm. Recommended, Medium, High, high is RED! don't go over HIGH! and, there is pve servers, for the pve oriented users!

Yeah, it would be epic to have a PVE server. Can't function on this PVP server for all the ganking.
It wouldn't be epic to have a server peaking at 500 players. Even Darrowshire died, even being backed up by a "Nost-successor". If any "main" server (K3 or Ely/LH) were PvE - but it's a different story.

kronos isnt carebear friendly. you gotta man up or quit you can avoid a lot of world pvp by grinding dungeons or finding a quiet spot to grind.

Before you start requesting a PvE server you should first learn what the game is and what the difference is. The only difference is a couple less contested zones... There is a good reason to why no private server makes a PvE server... simply put it limits competition, pvp content and ultimately kills off a server as less feel attracted to it... The only reason you hope for a pve server is becourse you cannot take dying and you seek an easier experience... anyways even on Pve u can get killed in pvp & camped as there are still zones that hahve fights constantly. Why should they kill off a server so you have less zones to worry about ? foolish

Lmao. The only difference between PvP and pve realms is the possibility of ganking as you should know quite well if you ever played in retail. No grief about that, just bloody annoying to waste the time on morons

If you look at it only an alliance player who cannot help but cry loudly whenever he is killed seeking something to blame would want to play on a PvE server... it not only makes the imbalance of factions stand out more it also encourages solo play a lot more than being in a group. What you seek is a single player game not wow... the only pro is that there is no corpse camping but face it... make a few friends and corpse camping wont be that much of an issue... take matter into your own hands rather than cry alone in a corner.... http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Player_vs_Environment#Pros_and_Cons_of_PvE_realms

I was actually looking for a normal server. I was lightshope.org but they said if real wow legacy servers come out and they are really vanilla that then they will shut off their servers. Then they said they wanted to make 1 maybe 2 pvp servers only. I like farming and doing all the professions in quite and peace. Glad I found this post so that I don't bother at lvl 1 or 5 questing to have a lvl 60 camp me. If they were your lvl trying to pvp you you can stand a chance but that's hardly the case of what actually goes on even on real wow pvp servers. I too like pve servers nothing wrong with that. No reason for people to attack you simply for voicing it. Good luck to you. I will continue my search. But yeah lightshope.org does have still a normal server on darrowshire. But its future is shaky. Come this June that might all change. They did say they would release the script for your characters though if they make those drastic changes so you can switch servers and keep all of your progress & stuff. Actually I rather like the community there. No one is truly nasty and insults people over there like they do on here. They have a nice thing there. A shame to see it possibly go.

Who cares about pvp in this game anyway? Once you hit 60 you'll see outside of IF only if you are the unhappy summon-bot

Who cares about pvp in this game anyway? Once you hit 60 you'll see outside of IF only if you are the unhappy summon-bot
just so you know a lot of folks after 60 spend time about everywhere looting stuff and pvp, some like me even never step into any instance at all (bg or raid) and only do that^^ but you know? for example the argent dawn, they give you buffs and items if you do quests for them after 60, its only one of the things you can do after 60 out there that may involve pvp too and you can't do it sitting in IF

There're people who love wPvP/gank, those who like it, those who can swallow it, and those who absolutely hate it. I think it's like (some random numbers here) 10%-30%-50%-10%. Even while the "swallow" group bigger than the "love"/"like" groups, such distribution yields 90% of players ready to play on a PvP server, but only 60% ready to play on a PvE one. I think this is the reason of this paradox: a lot of people dislike PvP servers, but yet they always turn out to be more popular. But anyway. Can't please everyone.

If you truly are unable to accept the basic laws of games such as the inevitable chance of death then you should roll paladin and simply use bubble + heartstone and wait until the cooldown is ready before you go outside the door again, do not worry paladins have more than one bubble, the physical one you use for minor risk and the other you use the moment you see a low level horde. Also if you still feel unsafe then stay within the safe zones belonging to your faction only regardless if everything is turning green and only go out with a bubble towards a dungeon. Once you hit 60 you can play more of a turtle inside IF. Do not worry this is werry common even on PvE servers... at least for paladins. Also "fast-track"... seriously ? you do realize vanilla is among the most time consuming games out there right ? you can use month upon months and there will still be stuff left to do, of course Kronos will always be around regardless of what happens but ganking will occur even when blizzard releases their version. not to mention as said pve servers still have gank & corpse campings just within less zones... but either way a pve server dies out faster as it tilts in favor towards alliance and it cuts out a large chunk of players who do both wpvp & pve thus reduced population.

A PvE server does exist - less than two months old, still low population but growing. I really like wPvP, but I absolutely can't stand over-population in this game. I was bummed to learn (on day one) that K3 would be no different to Elysium or LH's LB server. It'd be nice if a project would be able to run multiple servers and cap population at 3 or 4k, but I'll just have to wait and hope Blizzard does that instead.

For starters you proclaim you know of an early project that is ideal to you but still refuse to stay there and also point out its low pop... Secondly please don't compare Crap like LH, Ely & Nostril with Kronos... those 3 all use the same failed core that was poorly written and fixed like quick bandaids... heck nostril had item duplications first month and could never track them down, Ely who inherited playerbase & core just shrunk down & died out and now its LH who try apply a couple fixed upon this again... do you see a pattern ? not to mention those very same servers always tried to portray Kronos as dead or dying... guess what kronos never died... A project able to run multiple servers ? hmmm... let me think... i recall K1, K2 & K3 not to mention Twinstar which Kronos is under has multiple other servers of other expansions as well... Also here's a spoiler... any decent server's release month will be over crowded, if not they eventually die out as too few know of their existence... also another spoiler... do you truly think blizzard would listen to 1 person ? 3-4k ? thats what many servers have as average online 24/7 some time after their release. Population goes up & down it does not start & stay the exact same, it drops by a thousand or grows by 3 thousands and at other times does the oppisite.

For starters you proclaim you know of an early project that is ideal to you but still refuse to stay there and also point out its low pop... Secondly please don't compare Crap like LH, Ely & Nostril with Kronos... those 3 all use the same failed core that was poorly written and fixed like quick bandaids... heck nostril had item duplications first month and could never track them down, Ely who inherited playerbase & core just shrunk down & died out and now its LH who try apply a couple fixed upon this again... do you see a pattern ? not to mention those very same servers always tried to portray Kronos as dead or dying... guess what kronos never died... A project able to run multiple servers ? hmmm... let me think... i recall K1, K2 & K3 not to mention Twinstar which Kronos is under has multiple other servers of other expansions as well... Also here's a spoiler... any decent server's release month will be over crowded, if not they eventually die out as too few know of their existence... also another spoiler... do you truly think blizzard would listen to 1 person ? 3-4k ? thats what many servers have as average online 24/7 some time after their release. Population goes up & down it does not start & stay the exact same, it drops by a thousand or grows by 3 thousands and at other times does the oppisite.
You've read an awful lot into what I said. Yes, I know of an early PvE project. No, I don't refuse to play there--I play there now. Yes, it's low pop. I tried K3 because I prefer PvP servers, but I couldn't bear the competition for quest mobs and items, so I went back to the low-pop server as the experience is more enjoyable for me. And as my entire post is about population, it stands to reason that my comparison of K3 with LH & Ely is also based on population--and there is no difference. They're all over populated in my opinion. And "do you truly think blizzard would listen to 1 person"? I don't know how you arrived at that question based on what I said. You're very quick to defend this project, and that's good. But take a deep breath, then read the post and get the context before assuming someone's dogging on the project that gives you the hardest boners.

Top Bottom