• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please make a PvE server

Can I go to a PvE server's forum and demand that the admins punish people who never turn on their PvP flags, because blueshielding is unfair for players who want world PvP?
How about a -50% XP penalty if you don't turn on your PvP flag at least once an hour? I think it's a fair tradeoff for safe leveling.
Or you should take a regular reputation hit with your faction, because you are a coward and refuse to fight for the war cause.
Yes, it makes COMPLETE sense for me to want to change the rules for PvE servers instead of playing on PvP servers where I belong.

No, especially not after calling someone else out on that. That occurred to me after re-reading that post.

But I will stick with the fact that thousands of people are enjoying this, several (hundred?) are not. Instead of asking for even more tweaks and changes, why not just find a different project? And to bring it closer to home: you claim this is the worst wPvP/griefing experience you've had on a server, what's keeping you here? Why not just find a different project?

Why will nobody answer that?

I play on Kronos because by and large it is the most stable. Also I play on K3 because it may transfer into TBC at some point.

Why ask for changes? To better the game for the thousands playing. Will it ruin the day of the several (hundred?) who choose to play the "kick the puppy" game? I don't give a rats ass. I care about overarching gameplay, not the desires of the lowlifes who cannot hack anything beyond stepping on lowbies.

There are threads asking for "something" to be done to get more BGs to pop for the horde. Changes were already done to cater to horde BGers (.join) I have every right to ask for a change that would combat the playstyle of those whose primary goal is to ruin the gameplay of others. Something that would benefit BOTH factions players.

Last edited:
Why ask for changes? To better the game for the thousands playing. Will it ruin the day of the several (hundred?) who choose to play the "kick the puppy" game? I don't give a rats ass. I care about overarching gameplay, not the desires of the lowlifes who cannot hack anything beyond stepping on lowbies.
Funny how you automatically consider yourself part of the majority against a decade old, well established rule of PvP servers, while it's well known that PvE servers are a niche and played by few.
I would say the reason why this rule has remained in effect all this time on every PvP server is because no one gives a rat's ass about some whiners.

I would say the reason why this rule has remained in effect all this time on every PvP server is because no one gives a rat's ass about some whiners.

I would say that the existence of .join BG is precisely the result of someone caring about some whiners.

Yeah its a rough world out there but thats what a PvP server is. Horde vs. Alliance

Its also a nice way to make friends. /1 and ask for help

there will always be people complaining and wanting a safe space but its not going to happen on this server. Get over it, move on and figure out a way to kill the enemy. Get revenge

Yeah its a rough world out there but thats what a PvP server is. Horde vs. Alliance

Its also a nice way to make friends. /1 and ask for help

there will always be people complaining and wanting a safe space but its not going to happen on this server. Get over it, move on and figure out a way to kill the enemy. Get revenge

Why bother having brackets for BGs then? After all, one just needs to make friends and ask for help... right? Just make it one big BG. Better yet do away with BGs and have only WPVP.

Why bother having brackets for BGs then? After all, one just needs to make friends and ask for help... right? Just make it one big BG. Better yet do away with BGs and have only WPVP.

Because BG's are fair and there is a task associated with them?
If you think about it, the world is one big BG in contested areas.

You think i like getting ganked being alliance? i logged on yesterday and within 10 seconds i died from a 60 warrior. I rez at graveyard and hearth to my inn in wetlands and walk out and die again before reaching FP

That is what i signed up for when i went to a high population PvP server. It makes me want to hit 60 quicker to defend myself and help others.

I would say that the existence of .join BG is precisely the result of someone caring about some whiners.
It's more of a convenience/quality of life, like cheaper respecs. I never argued in favour of keeping the .join command, by the way. I'm mostly neutral in this matter. It's non-vanilla and has an impact on the gameplay, but on the other hand it's convenient to have. I will not cry if it goes away. I don't really do BGs, so it doesn't have an effect on me.

It's more of a convenience/quality of life, like cheaper respecs. I never argued in favour of keeping the .join command, by the way. I'm mostly neutral in this matter. It's non-vanilla and has an impact on the gameplay, but on the other hand it's convenient to have. I will not cry if it goes away. I don't really do BGs, so it doesn't have an effect on me.

I just started using this .join command and its great and convenient but also i totally agree either way if it stays or goes i do not care. Honestly i loved having to go straight to entrance of the battle grounds instead of in the cities.

Sounds awesome.

You see while I enjoy PvP, I'm not terribly good at it. PvE is challenging enough for me. When I really want to engage in some PvP, that's what battlegrounds are for. Sounds like I'm moving to a PvE server. Thanks for the link :)

Enjoy a dead server that wont fill a raid. LOL

I don't get it. We have edgelords in here telling people that do not like being griefed to go to PVE servers, and now we have an edgelord trying to discourage someone from going to one.

I think at this point many of you on the forum are simply trying to out edge each other.

I don't get it. We have edgelords in here telling people that do not like being griefed to go to PVE servers, and now we have an edgelord trying to discourage someone from going to one.
He's right, though. PvE servers have very low population. Getting 40 level 60s together might be a challenge, if not impossible. According to their own realm status, they have 124 players online. Level 1-60, both factions.
Sure, leveling will be easier. Then you wasted 3 weeks because there's nothing to do at max level.
The sad fact is that vanilla PvE is shit. I mean bosses have like 2 abilities, and it might not even concern you depending on your role. Few play vanilla for the dungeon/raid experience, most are here for pvp.

It's quite pathetic really, sadly a lot of toxic morons rolled k3 it seems, even at around lvl 30 as horde, it's constantly being ganked by lvl 29s fully decked out with crusader and speed pots. Same for alliance at lvl 50+ having a shit ass time. No wonder people quit en mass these days, no one sane is going to corpserun 30 times a day.

People saying 'you rolled a pvp server' are I guess missing braincells, there is no option for a pve server to roll on at kronos, otherwise we would have (if it would have the same population raiding wise, but pve servers never do).

Last edited:
You are assuming there are no raiders?
PvP players participate in PvE in order to compete better within PvP and some PvE players simply enjoy being able to compete in PvP from time to time, a PvE server attracts less pvp players and thus it cuts down on population this results in less raiders.

Also PvP serves as a perfect pass time for those waiting around for dungeons or raids, if nothing to pass their time once in awhile they will only log on to raid and that is it, this cycle eventually bores players to the point where they play other games more and more and thus they suddenly don't return.
It's quite pathetic really, sadly a lot of toxic morons rolled k3 it seems, even at around lvl 30 as horde, it's constantly being ganked by lvl 29s fully decked out with crusader and speed pots. Same for alliance at lvl 50+ having a shit ass time. No wonder people quit en mass these days, no one sane is going to corpserun 30 times a day.

People saying 'you rolled a pvp server' are I guess missing braincells, there is no option for a pve server to roll on at kronos, otherwise we would have (if it would have the same population raiding wise, but pve servers never do).
If you corpse run 30 times to instantly ressurect in front of your camper then you sir are a fool... sorry but i do not believe you would do such and are simply exagerating things... after being killed 3-5 times there is already a 2 min. wait before you can choose to respawn and thus killing you an additional 25 times would take minimum 50 minutes if you where to be killed the instant you ressurect... And let's be realistic... at that point you would be cautious of ressurecting... i hope.

If you do happen to be camped then do the SANE thing and simply do something different for the next 5-15 minutes... odds are that by then the individual left and you can safely ressurect and if not then simply take a 1 hour break. You could also ask a friend.

You rolled on a freaking PvP server... you call others toxic but you are the one complaining about a PvP server not being a PvE server and even agreeing with the fact that a PvE server would be lacking in population so it aint viable either... Also i have never met a person who quit due to being ganked... literally... if anything the excuse is its too time consuming, no-longer as interresting as they thought or another game released etc.

I would laugh my ass off if i heard someone quit becourse he got kill 2-3 times in a row by the same player as such a person would quit the game either way once he joins a raid that happens to wipe 2-3 times on a hard encounter.

In your perfect world i would assume you have 10 GM's assigned with the only task of being to ban people who repeatedly kill others and investigate pvp cases ? what about a situation where he kills you and then you charge him 2 times afterwards while he ignores your pressence but kills you in self defence ? would he be banned for that ? XD

Last edited:
If you do happen to be camped then do the SANE thing and simply do something different for the next 5-15 minutes... odds are that by then the individual left and you can safely ressurect and if not then simply take a 1 hour break. You could also ask a friend.

that's were you're completely wrong. incase you still haven't realized what's going on:
horde rankers have 1hour queues. they are camping alliance 50+ areas & FPs the WHOLE DAY. doesn't matter if you wait 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 1hour. there will always be horde rankers looking for lower level alliance to kill.
do you know how much playtime you lose? when it takes you like 5 times longer to ding a level? when you can't even complete quests because of it? i actually understand why some people quit the game.

on another note: even if the situation is bad for you horde rankers, your behaviour harms the server and makes your own situation even worse because you delay alliance getting to 60 even more. maybe stop being so selfish and think about the longevity of the server...

there will always be horde rankers looking for lower level alliance to kill.
well yes ofc that is what i have been saying... but i also said if you are being camped by an individual then you should not ressurect right away... most leveling areas a are massive and the person either for fun or honor killed you will move on if he has to wait 5-15 minutes or an hour...

Also leveling does not take that long and within the breathing time you have you will be able to level a bit and move on or move to a different location... not to mention you can always ask a friend to work as detergent...

i will repeat what has been said over and over.

This is a PvP server and you chose to play on this server knowing all these facts many months ahead of time... You could even level another alt or play on your main.

on another note: the reason horde rankers farm HK's in world is becourse alliance do not join enough battlegrounds and thus forces them to move around and secondly 50% of all alliance battlegrounds consist of premades and thus the horde players preffer moving around fighting 1v1 getting HK's where it is possible. If you wish to cry out blaming a faction then at least take a look at the origin...

and again... this is a pvp server... you agreed to the posibility of being camped by joining a pvp server if you cannot take it then move on. This is something that has been around since before battlegrounds where even implemented and you still see it in retail... No one prevents you from joining a pve server or forced you to play on a pvp server...

There are guilds on both factions clearing MC & Ony (patch 1.4). The server has been low-pop, yes, but it's growing now that LH is PvP only--K3 has also been mentioned in /world.
And the people who cannot imagine rolling on a PvE server outside of Kronos? Do they have extra braincells?
they are camping alliance 50+ areas & FPs the WHOLE DAY. doesn't matter if you wait 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 1hour. there will always be horde rankers looking for lower level alliance to kill.
This is only an issue on PvP servers.

well yes ofc that is what i have been saying... but i also said if you are being camped by an individual then you should not ressurect right away... most leveling areas a are massive and the person either for fun or honor killed you will move on if he has to wait 5-15 minutes or an hour...

seems like you just don't understand the problem.
they don't care if a single person waits 15min - 1hour to resurrect. there are many other levelers in the same zone for them to kill. you accomplish NOTHING by doing that. rankers move back and forth from FP to quest givers & quest locations.

rest of your text proves that you don't realize the consequences of the current situation. this being an pvp server has absolutely nothing to do with it.

This is only an issue on PvP servers.

of course. but it's an unordinary situation because of certain actions taken

Last edited:
Let me ask you this: Are roving bands of high level players ganking greys a net positive or a net negative to the health of the game or gameplay in general?
In my opinion, this is part of a PvP server, but the environment is only enjoyable with a reasonable (3k or less) and balanced (55/45 at most) population. I don't recall ever being in a "roving band", but I've certainly been killed by them. And I've done my fair share of personal revenge & protection kills on greys.

Now we need to ask the roving bands the same question as they also make up part of this server.
WPVP to me at its best:...
W'PVP" at it's worst:...
Sorry, man, but these are opinions. Opinions I'd be party inclined to agree with, but still opinions. On top of that, every instance you listed (best and worst) is all under the big umbrella of the PvP server, always has been. I'd say stop wasting your time thinking about the psyche of lowbie gankers.
I'd also say:
PvP servers at their best: people understand and accept it's a PvP server and understand and accept everything that goes along with it without complaining, otherwise they understand and accept that PvE servers exist and play there instead.
PvP servers at their worst: not that.
What negative impact would perhaps a hit across the board (Rep and Honor) for killing greys in contested zones cause? What negative impact would there be if ALL flightmasters were shut down for individuals for a period of time when they take part in killing one? (call it a FM Union)
Question 1 might be worth a pole, but be prepared to get laughed at. I don't think it's horrible, but I understand and accept I'm not part of the majority of pserver players.
The FM union or something similar is a good idea--I really like it--but honestly I think the "griefers" would be able to cope with it (hearth, mage ports, eng trinkets, etc.). On top of that, there's a chance there'd be more of them on mounts out in the world because they couldn't fly anywhere.

Easy solution to make life for alliance players way better:
1) make flightmasters way stronger. To a point were you need a 5 man grp to kill it.
2) make all guard lvl 55 elite and increase aggro range
3) make elite mobs/bosses in towns aggressive with a huge aggro range
4) ????
5) have ppl still complaining on the forums

Easy solution to make life for alliance players way better:
1) make flightmasters way stronger. To a point were you need a 5 man grp to kill it.
2) make all guard lvl 55 elite and increase aggro range
3) make elite mobs/bosses in towns aggressive with a huge aggro range
4) ????
5) have ppl still complaining on the forums
Flight Masters have a 10 minute spawn time, they could change it to 5 minutes even tho 10 minutes is quite short. Perhaps reduce the cooldown on spawning their flight pets and give them a ranged attack so they cannot be easily kited. with that it would be quite problematic keeping them down for long unless youre a group.

changing that many npc's would enrage far more players as its non-blizzlike and the only ones appeased are people who want to play on a PvE server but joined a PvP server so even listening to them is above and beyond showing kindness as it is no different than a person asking for guns in a mideival game or asking for an infinite supply of fuel for his flight simulator... completely unreasonable request basicly.

they joined a pvp server and should thus just accept what a pvp server is all about and with that comes camping, if camped simply take a break from the game and enjoy real life or ask a friend to scare off the one camping you. I have enjoyed my fair share of being camped or camping others as well but it never lasts more than 15 min. and thats when they truly have reasons to hold a grudge :)

Last edited:
seems like you just don't understand the problem.
they don't care if a single person waits 15min - 1hour to resurrect. there are many other levelers in the same zone for them to kill. you accomplish NOTHING by doing that. rankers move back and forth from FP to quest givers & quest locations.
Please read what i typed...
Leveling areas are huge and you have the option to join a battleground or move to another leveling zone or simply return to the game later.
Also you speak of these 1 hour camps as they happen all the time, please record a couple of those for me as i honestly doubt someone would waste 1 hour upon you.

suggestion: do not ressurect the instant the revival cooldown is up, if you cannot take the camp you can always spirit ress and move on after 10 minutes.

They might stay in the zone to farm stuff and kill you if you get close to their farm spot or their path lets say they fish or they farm elementals if you get close or within sight range of course ur gonna get killed thats 101 for dummies...

Also again "This is a PvP Server"...

Please read what i typed...
Leveling areas are huge and you have the option to join a battleground or move to another leveling zone or simply return to the game later.
Also you speak of these 1 hour camps as they happen all the time, please record a couple of those for me as i honestly doubt someone would waste 1 hour upon you.

suggestion: do not ressurect the instant the revival cooldown is up, if you cannot take the camp you can always spirit ress and move on after 10 minutes.

They might stay in the zone to farm stuff and kill you if you get close to their farm spot or their path lets say they fish or they farm elementals if you get close or within sight range of course ur gonna get killed thats 101 for dummies...

Also again "This is a PvP Server"...

again... you completely miss the point.
i'm talking about lvl50+ zones.
yes, some zones are huge but it doesn't matter much cause they roam between FPs, quest givers & quest locations.
nobody 'wastes' 1 hour on someone. it's completely irrelevant.

trying to explain it to you one more time:
each lvl50+ contains a few horde rankers (not only 1...) and a few alliance levelers (also not only 1...).
it doesn't matter if you wait with resurrecting. in the meantime they just kill the other levelers. and when u rezz u're gonna get killed again. simple as that

Top Bottom