• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please release the Kronos character database

Margatroid

Since there seem to be no plans to actually release KTBC at this point, or to create a new vanilla server, I would appreciate it if you would make the Kronos character database available as Light's Hope and Excalibur have done. You committed to releasing a Burning Crusade server over two years ago and have never given a single update regarding its status, or posted a single image or video. You have also completely stopped responding to player inquiries about the status of the project. At this point it is fair for all of us to assume that "KTBC" is vaporware, and that it will never be released.

Myself and many other people leveled characters on Kronos 3 specifically with the intention of playing them on the supposedly-coming TBC realm. Since that realm is not coming, I now play on Netherwing. However, I would like to play the Kronos characters that I sunk so many hours into on Netherwing as well. The devs there have accepted transfers from Light's Hope, and will also apparently accept them from Excalibur. I'm sure they will accept Kronos transfers.

So, unless you have a major announcement to make regarding the imminent release of KTBC, I request that you create a copy of the character database and make it available to Netherwing. I would have gladly played TBC on Kronos, but since you will not give me that option, I want to take my characters to an existing TBC realm. Many other people would like to do the same. Thank you.

I expect an admin response to this thread. Light's Vengeance is releasing in a couple days, and they are allowing transfers as well. Why should people who played on other servers get a gigantic head start in TBC, while those of us who played on Kronos have our characters stuck in Vanilla forever? You promised TBC, and you did not release it. Nor will you ever. Set our characters free.

I think they don't want to commit to anything. I mean, years went into this project and it's unlikely Classic will tank for at least a few more years. I suspect they are in a state of stun and aren't really sure what to do.

I just don't think anything will be done, to be honest with you. Not that they are not decisive when they want to be, but I just can't see them folding this whole thing up. But I could be wrong, and they could be at the point where it becomes a reality that is better than the alternative of Kronos being what it is now. OTOH, there are other servers doing well, so Kronos might just live on.

Just saying, please don't get hopes up that you'll get a response that appeals to you.

Top Bottom