• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Poll] CD reset (less than 10min) + Full Hp and Mana before duel.

CD reset [less than 10min / Durotar, IF only] + Insignia + Full HP and Mana

• Yes

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 88.6%

• Total voters

sushibarf

Authorized
Hey guys,

I've played on a lot of Vanilla servers and 90% of the players I met (including me), find it annoying to wait for their cooldowns before being able to duel in a proper way.

It should be possible to play your class at it's full potential.

Let's say you want to do a quick duel before your BG pops but you simply get "one shotted" by a mage cause your Vanish isn't ready yet.

No fun!

Suggestion:

1. Reset all class and racial cooldowns (less than 10min) + PvP Trinket before the duel starts.
Only spells with less than 10min cooldown, so you can't spam e.g. Recklessnes or Lay on Hands every round.
This 'reset option' should only be possible in zones like Durotar or in front of Ironforge, so you can't abuse it for farming in e.g. Tyr's Hand.

Scripting is possible. I've seen it on a 1.12.1 server a couple years ago.

2. Full HP + Mana before the duel starts.
Should be BEFORE the duel, so people that are crying about 'ohhh it aint blizzlike' still can gank those 1% people after duels.

What's your opinion? Vote on the poll above.

Please don't make this a "oooh this aint blizzlike" topic.
This won't effect your vanilla experience in a negative way.
You will love it. Trust me.

See you around.

sushibarf

your idea has it's ups and downs

up: you can duel without delay which is great

down: this can be used to reset timers or get full health when in group or as multiboxer and then just forfeit etc.

note: normally you don't use the long cooldowns in a duel, its an unwritten rule even on retail tho some enjoy doing it still but fact is that if nobody uses the cooldowns then there is only health/mana left and you can duel again after 5-30 second's with food or healer depending on class.

It's an interesting topic. I'm not big in the dueling scene, but I'll weigh in on what I think anyway.

A lot of classes have cooldowns that can make-or-break a fight. Take rogue for instance--if a rogue uses blind, vanish, sprint, evasion, cold blood, PvP trinket, thistle tea, and a racial during a 1v1, the rogue will almost always win. Rogue cooldowns are meant to be used intermittently to gain an edge over certain opponents. Abilities being on cooldown is the rogue's biggest disadvantage in PvP (thats why the sub tree gives a reduction to certain CD's). Even a rogue with mediocre gear can cooldown stunlock/blind/vanish/etc a geared anything down. Therefore, I think a change like this benefits rogues more in duels than any other class.

Full HP + Mana is a sensible idea, though, no reason to deny that. And the PvP trinket I can see as being a reasonable cooldown to reset on dueling.

Racials and ability cooldowns? Probably a no-go. Some people hinge on cooldowns like arcane power / pom pyro. Give a mage those two and they can destroy a warrior seconds after the sheep is broken. Having those up every duel seems like an unrealistic portrayal of what skill there's to be had in vanilla PvP, as well as an unrealistic portrayal of a typical BG / open world setting.

Yes to Full Mana / HP and PvP trinket reset as a QoL change if people really care that much. No to abilities and racial cooldowns.

@Crow

the proposal limits the full mana/hp and cooldowns to places like durotar and ironforge, so abusing it is fairly limited i think

You won't be able to abuse it in a group or as a Multiboxer since it should only be possible in zones like Durotar or in front of Ironforge.

I say no.

But if you're gonna have your Vanish, Prep, Blind, and other rogue goodies reset every duel... then I want my Lay on Hands every fight too.

i could say i like CD are not removed to each duel, its makes fight fair , you know classes like warrior dont have any usefull short CD's and rogue are full of them , so if warrior loses first duel , he can re-match in another . Anyways i allways play 2 out 3 , so CD's makes it fair , if both people uses it in first duel , another is without cd's :) ( would you like pom-pyro mage in each duel without cds , or rogue full of usefull cd's?)

No, simply because its not realistic.
Like Lharts said, they have Cd's for a reason. And to know how to play well without them is crucial.

Being the dueler myself, this would be fun but would turn it into an almost 'psuedo arena' :crying:

So I'd have to say no as well. It's what makes dueling without ALL cds fun, you get to see the different dynamics and each duel is different!

It is possible to reset players stats and cooldown to the state it had before duel ^^
This could eliminate possible abuses.

that would be a great idea. If that would be the case then i would change my vote from "no" to "yes"

would it be something like this then ?

example:

Duel Start:
health/mana changed to 100% and cooldowns reset, current health/mana and cd timer saved.

Duel End:
health/mana as well as cooldown's restored to the state it was at before the duel started

Otherwise:
If a duel end's and you are still in combat from an enemy player or npc then only the cooldown returned to before the start and health/mana stay's.

note: would it also be safe for when you re-log and such via a script ?

Last edited:
It is possible to reset players stats and cooldown to the state it had before duel ^^
This could eliminate possible abuses.

Woo!

Enjoy my double dose of blind and vanish every fight.
:trollface:​

Go go go everyone roll a Rogue!

this works on twinstar's wotlk realm, can't say it improved, or even grew, the "duelling scene" much. The most notable effect of this improvement was that during 3.2 progression, druids could reset their combat ress cooldowns after every wipe using /duel outside of raid instance. But that ofc wasn't intended and it took waay too long until somebody finally reported it as a bug.
Granted, in Vanilla, the cooldowns are longer. But, generally, people not interested in dueling won't be suddenly changed by this addition. And as for the people who duel already.. it's equally annoying for me to have to beg mages for portals, or travel by ships and yet I don't ask the devs to implement a neutral portal zone(something shattrath-like).

so when someone has memories where they went with level 1 to durotar and killed people who lost a duel with 1 HP, this memory will then be completly destroyed.
Or when a rogue is in stealth and used a trinket that poisons the target to die after duel ending, will also not be possible :/

Its abusable either way.
1. Start duel
2. Attack mobs together
3. Spam CDs
4. /forfeit
5. rinse repeat

Friend of mine used to team up with a mage for questing. He would duel the mage when he was low on life and get sheeped. While this is intended, having CDs and HP reset during a duel is not.

I have to agree with Breda, just because I'm definitely going to be ganking people who are dueling....that ends up being a ton of fun and what STARTS rivalries and whatnot..

So that being the case I can see the potential for it to be a good tool and to save time, but just the fact that you won't actually be able to kill people outside Ironforge or Durotar really seems to put a buzzkill to things. :sad:

Also how would this work when a city get's raided?

for those that are looking for world pvp or having some activity in dun morogh/elwyn or durotar this could completely destroy that, this would also make many rogues :shifty:

Nah. Even with the most severe location restrictions, people WILL find a way to abuse it. You can trust me on that one.

Top Bottom