• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question [POLL] Should Cenarion Hold & Light's Hope Chapel Safespotting be allowed?

Should Cenarion Hold & Light's Hope Chapel Safespotting be permitted?

• Total voters

Lildyo

Authorized
Hello, safespotting in CH and LHC has been an issue for a long time now. Given the numerous issues with guard pathing, guards aggroing onto passive players being attacked/mind-controlled, and the inability of many melee and non-mage classes to defend themselves (Mages are the only class that can get onto LHC without the use of another player), many people are frustrated with how long this has gone on for without being addressed.

While this server is in desperate need of more world PvP, parking 2-3 mages on top of the Light's Hope Chapel roof and simultaneously pom pyroing people that literally cannot defend themselves is not PvP. The same can be said of priests that mind control other players, which leads the guards to attack the person being mind controlled--NOT the person who attacked another player by mind controlling them.

Personally, I'm not in favour of making it a bannable offence, but I do think safespotting needs to have some sort of actual risk. PvP within neutral towns should still be allowed, but it should not happen without the constant threat of elite guards killing you. If a bunch of mages want to continue POM-pyroing unsuspecting people within towns, they should be allowed to do so as long as they immediately draw the aggro of nearby elite guards that are capable of attacking them and knocking players out of their safespot. With this solution, PvP can be preserved, safespotting can be dealt with, and GMs won't have to deal with the burden of having to respond to tickets regarding safespotters.

I think there are more possible poll options, I voted for #2, [Yes, but guards should be improved (either more guards and/or add a custom ranged knockback ability)] but I still think LHC shouldn't be an area possible to safespot.

Make a wall for the mages that want to safespot LHC, force them to camp just outside of town where things are fair. The log area near the bastard Craftsmaster Wilhelm isn't really possible to safespot anymore I believe.

CH, all areas are reachable except for that one pillar on the west side. ( I won't go into detail, and I haven't done it myself)
Also the Piercing Howl guards use @ CH really fucks with melee (offensively but moreso defensively) please halve the time the debuff is up or remove it entirely, the knockdown is enough.

Let's not waste GM time I agree on that. These scenarios happen at any given time all throughout the day. Case by Case basis would flood the workload for sure.

Queue from anywhere in the world will help this issue for sure, but depending on where you return from the battle, it could also be abused by safespotting honor grinders.

I just want to correct and say that it was not (1)player parking multiple pom pyro mages, but actually multiple players playing pom pyro mages. L2 pop fire prot pots or use fire resist gear like everyone else :p . You know what's even worse than a mage safe-spotting? A Paladin stacking reckoning and 1 shotting people inside the chapel, then using bubble and running away from guards till they reset. Or taking a mage portal to orgrimmar only to have your buffs despelled before your screen even loads. So many unbalanced aspects of the game I could talk about them all day... but let's be honest here. Safe-spotting is hilarious and it strikes emotions in your opponents often leading to big world pvp scenarios. World pvp is fun! There are many players who will not battleground, but focus only on the world pvp. How about we focus on the real bugs, like why do I occasionally get killed by a random ZG boss while I am farming elementals in Felwood. Or why dark edge of insanity seems to proc on almost every swing.

Top Bottom