• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Poll] Which faction will you choose?

What faction will you choose?

• Horde

Votes: 294 45.3%
  • Alliance

Votes: 252 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 103 15.9%

• Total voters
This is not the right thread for this topic but still.

There are only 3 roles, and in vanilla hybrids suffered from the hybrid tax http://www.wowwiki.com/Hybrid_Tax

This generally caused them to fall behind in dps and while they did have a whole tree dedicated to tanking, they were only good for offtanking some aoe trash, a role that a holy paladin could fill just as well, and the occasional raidboss. As soon as guilds started progression raiding and doing some mix/max theorycrafting, there were just no reason to pick them anymore. Even the few tankadins that are around admit in their guides that you gotta spend an enourmous amount of time and dedication, hundreds of gold on consumables, complex gearing for months and having luck with a guild that tolerate to even give you the chance, and even with all this in mind you still didnt come close to the overall Warrior tank. The only spec that did not suffer from the Hybrid tax all that much was the Holy tree, and boom! - just like that the paladins where pigeonholed into a one-role class, and for good reason, all the cool support the pally could give the raid was given by the holy pallies while the retris and prots got benched in favor of the pure dps classes and prot warriors.

All in all, This was vanilla, i.e. horrible class balance!

Blizzard acknowledged their mistake and changed the way hybrids worked in TBC, where both Druids and Paladins could tank on pair with the Warrior. They also changed a bunch of other specs so they didnt remain entirely useless like they were in vanilla.

I know that changing the talent trees or how the classes work wont ever happen on Kronos, but its a shame that it kinda limits the way to play the game and players options for no real good reason (thus why blizz changed it). Talent trees are hardcoded and not even possible to edit I think. But there could be gear specifically designed towards the tankadins for example (there are some already but-) with some modified stats to give us some extra stamina (we got far lower healthpool compared to warriors), extra intellect and mp5 (for threat and longer upkeep since we lack taunt etc). All to make up for our shortcomings and make us not so entirely useless, but we should still be behind warriors as maintanks I think ofc. Again, I know this wont happen on Kronos but one can still dream. And dont say "if you want pally tank go play TBC", I love vanilla content and almost everything about vanilla, except stupid itemization and horrible class balance.

Anyway. Make a post in the paladin class thread if you want to continue this discussion :smile:

On Topic.. I really cant decide what faction to play and this drives me insane. I might end up playing on both sides but I always end up focusing on one. Levling alts in vanilla wasnt something everyone did, and raiding on both sides with 2 different guilds seems unlikely, gotta spend time and effort on one toon to get good me thinks.. umm, gotta make up my mind on this soon...

EDIT-Copied some of this post and maybe we can continue this discussion about tanking here: http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/92542-Tank-class?p=732827#post732827

Last edited:
This poll looks really promising, almost 1:1 A/H ratio.

Although if you look at the guild section, there seems to be alot more Horde activity. Hmm...

This poll looks really promising, almost 1:1 A/H ratio.

Although if you look at the guild section, there seems to be alot more Horde activity. Hmm...

I'm playing alliance, but I would like to make friends first, then make a guild with the ones I quested and ran doungens with, or join one that suites me (maybe at mid 40's) rather than binding myself early on. But that's just me

I'm playing alliance, but I would like to make friends first, then make a guild with the ones I quested and ran doungens with, or join one that suites me (maybe at mid 40's) rather than binding myself early on. But that's just me

I hope there are many more likeminded! I have this thing where I feel the urge to play the "underdog".
But I'm set on Horde... for now :p

Top Bottom