• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

power levelling.

Karbonkel

Hey,

On a new release server on vanilla there would always be a wolfpack of absolutely lightspeed leveling people.
I would almost hourly type in /who "insertname". To see how incredibly fast this hunter or rogue was levelling to ding 60 first and carve their name into the bedrock of the server. I still remember the name of people who did that to this day.

Usually they would not keep playing after dinging 60 though. They seemed to be in it for the fame, and then peace out.

Anyone here planning to do something like that? =]

It is likely that the fastest one will be a mage. They don't keep playing because it's lonely at the top and they have to catch up on real life after playing for 2 weeks straight.

Either way I won't be me, i level like a slowpoke.

Last edited:
A player named Lareit was the fastest on most new servers in Vanilla. He even held the "world record" for fastest 60 on a new server, beating Joana's time (the same hunter who made the guides for leveling that sold quite nicely) on the last servers released before TBC. I believe his final time was 4 days 20 hours, he was just maybe 2 hours faster than Joana. Watching these guys was pretty unbelievable, they'd be 55+ when people were just hitting 30. I learned a lot from playing with Lareit twice and later came close to his time; about 5 days 10 hours. I was the 2nd 60 on a new server as Shadow Priest, and of course the enemy faction claimed I was botting/hacking lol. I was killing the majority of "speed levelers" in STV as a 60 shadow priest (aka god) by the dozen, good times. The advantage doesn't last though. If you had an entire guild doing it though.... well bosses died pretty fast.

For whatever it was worth, you did have some advantages by leveling this way but you had to put your entire life on hold for 4 days. I will not be doing this since I want to do some holiday stuff (assuming the december release), but I still kind of miss it; like an extreme sport for nerds.

we gonna take it slow and steady :p trying to go to each dungeon on my way to 60 :) to check if its scripted like its supposed to be ;):whistling:

I was in the top5-10 60 on scriptcraft when it released. If I can make time for it I will try to.

I was like top 10 or so horde on qgaming. But that wasn't 1x so I don't really think it's comparable.

Top Bottom