• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Powershifting

livin

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if other Druids could help me out with Powershifting.

Normally you were able to shift from cat directly into cat (1 GCD used in total), without even leaving the form, with a macro like this:

/cast [stance:2] !Cat Form;

Meaning, it casts Cat Form, if you are in Cat Form only, otherwise it does nothing. Result is, you are never stuck in Caster Form.

Now I have the problem that on Kronos III, I can't shift from a form to another form without being in Caster Form.
Using, for example, Bear Form while in Cat Form, always puts you into Caster Form first (via /cancelform), then you have to use Cat Form again, even though the first Bear Form didnt use a GCD.

As far as I know it shouldnt be that way. In Vanilla shifting between forms was always instant.
Canceling form never used a GCD, and if no GCD is used the next spell has nothing preventing it happening. For example Nature Swiftness (no GCD) and HT10 were always an Instant Cast macro. (I'm not high enough yet to test NS + HT)

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance!

Hi there, I have been wondering the same thing.

Anyone got a good answer for this topic?

My testing had these results:

/cancelaura or any other commands that do the same, dont trigger GCD, but are considered an "action".
After this action, another action can instantly be done.

Instantly is a loose term here, because to get feedback from the server, about the unshifting, you need one frame of latency (in my case around 80-120ms). Which results in a form of "ghost GCD" of around 0.2s.

My solution now is to use a macro on my keyboard, that presses these macros in succession:

1st macro:
/unshift
(or similiar)

2nd macro
/cast Cat Form
(or similiar)

Then another keyboard macro that does this:
1st macro
200ms wait
2nd macro

I found this is the only way it works, because of this latency induced "ghost cooldown".

You can test it yourself by just clicking a form very fast in succession.
What happens is, you shift into cat, you unshift, you shift into cat, but your client gets the feedback that you just unshifted, so you get back into casterform, even though you didnt click Cat Form a 4th time.

I think its a bug, but Druid or rather feral druid is so unpopular that nobody will fix it. Its just too much work, since its a latency client-server problem. They probably dont care to fix it for <50 feral players that would like to be able to powershift.

Now I have the problem that on Kronos III, I can't shift from a form to another form without being in Caster Form.
Using, for example, Bear Form while in Cat Form, always puts you into Caster Form first (via /cancelform), then you have to use Cat Form again, even though the first Bear Form didnt use a GCD.

As far as I know it shouldnt be that way. In Vanilla shifting between forms was always instant.

No, it wasn't. Instant shifts between forms came with the pre-BC patch.

No, it wasn't. Instant shifts between forms came with the pre-BC patch.

That could really be, because in my memory I KNOW that I used powershifting extensively in Warsong for travelform, against snares/roots.
And at least in that memory those were instants, since I remember being unstoppable in my T2 as flag carrier.

Thanks for clarification.
Do you might know if Kronos will ever upgrade to the last stage of Vanilla, or do we stay forever 1.12?
(I remember they made some nerfs to Naxx in that last patch of Vanilla too? Might be mistakes though.)

Top Bottom