• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Pre raid BiS List for hunters on K3

Rockmaster

Authorized
With the upcoming k3 release I am wondering if there is any pre raid bis list available for hunters. Keep in mind that dire maul will not be available at launch.
Maybe i will come up with my own list, but for that i would need to know how much +hit% is the minimum for hunters in raiding and while we are at it, how much is it in pvp?

hit cap is 9%... take away from that racials, and talents "if any".

A for real list without putting too much thought into it though would be:

Head: Mask of the Unforgiven (2 hit)
Neck: Pendant of Celerity (1 hit)
Shoulder: Truestrike Shoulders (2 hit)
Back: Cape of the Black Baron
Chest: Savage Gladiator Chain
Belt: Will need to check
Legs: Devilsaur Leggings
Gloves: Devilsaur Gauntlets (set bonus 2 hit)
Wrist: Will need to check
Feet: Windreaver Greaves
Ring1: Painweaver Band
Ring2: Blackstone Ring (1 hit)
Trink1: Blackhand's Breath
Trink2: Will need to check
Ranged: Blackcrow (1 hit)
Weapon(s): Will need to check

A lot of this stuff is hard to think of without AV and DM, gonna be fun. However, this list should get you to 9 hit so you can go full agil/crit stacked and not need to spec into the 3% hit.

I believe that the following is a fairly accurate list for K3 launch, based on how K3 plans to gate items to certain content patches (DM not coming out until June, AV not until August, Dungeon Set 1/2 not until November). Pendant of Celerity, for example, won't be available until K3 releases the Dungeon Set 2 quest line in November, as the boss that this item drops from must be summoned as part of that quest line.

If you acquire all of the following, you'll have 9% hit from gear if you're Alliance and 10% hit from gear if you're horde...likely overkill but it's honestly doubtful that you'll be able to acquire ALL of this gear before MC and Ony release anyway.

Note that Blackcrow is a crossbow and thus the troll racial (+5 skill to bows) will not apply. So if you're a troll, it will be up to you to decide if you want to run with a weaker bow (therefore using your racial) and swapping out some of the hit gear for higher agility/crit. Troll hit cap is only 6% from gear if you're using any kind of regular bow (not a crossbow).

You'll likely be running a XX/XX/18 build until you start acquiring some of the hit items, at which point you can slowly respec out of Survival.

Head

Mask of the Unforgiven (2% hit)

Strat Undead

Boss: The Unforgiven

Neck

Mark of Fordring

Eastern Plaguelands

Quest

Shoulders

Truestrike Shoulders (2% hit)

UBRS

Boss: Pyroguard Emberseer

Back

Cape of the Black Baron

Strat Undead

Boss: Baron Rivendare

Chest

Savage Gladiator Chain

BRD

Boss: Gorosh the Dervish

Wrist

Bracers of the Stone Princess

Maraudon

Boss: Princess Theradras

Hands

Devilsaur Gauntlets (2% hit w/ set)

Tribal Leatherworker

Crafted

Waist

Frostbite Girdle

Scholo

Boss: Ras Frostwhisper

Legs

Devilsaur Leggings (2% hit w/ set)

Tribal Leatherworker

Crafted

Feet

Windreaver Greaves (1% hit)

Scholo

Boss: Kirtonos the Herald

Ring 1

Painweaver Band

UBRS

Boss: General Drakkisath

Ring 2

Blackstone Ring (1% hit)

Maraudon

Trinket 1

Blackhand's Breadh

UBRS

Quest

Trinket 2

Hand of Justice

BRD

Boss: Emperor Dagran Thaurissan

Trinket 2 (horde only)

Rune of the Guard Captain (1% hit)

The Hinterlands

Quest

Main Hand

Peacemaker

Strat Undead

Boss: Magistrate Barthilas

Ranged

Blackcrow (1% hit)

LBRS

Boss: Shadow Hunter Vosh’gajin

I believe that the following is a fairly accurate list for K3 launch, based on how K3 plans to gate items to certain content patches (DM not coming out until June, AV not until August, Dungeon Set 1/2 not until November). Pendant of Celerity, for example, won't be available until K3 releases the Dungeon Set 2 quest line in November, as the boss that this item drops from must be summoned as part of that quest line.

If you acquire all of the following, you'll have 9% hit from gear if you're Alliance and 10% hit from gear if you're horde...likely overkill but it's honestly doubtful that you'll be able to acquire ALL of this gear before MC and Ony release anyway.

Note that Blackcrow is a crossbow and thus the troll racial (+5 skill to bows) will not apply. So if you're a troll, it will be up to you to decide if you want to run with a weaker bow (therefore using your racial) and swapping out some of the hit gear for higher agility/crit. Troll hit cap is only 6% from gear if you're using any kind of regular bow (not a crossbow).

You'll likely be running a XX/XX/18 build until you start acquiring some of the hit items, at which point you can slowly respec out of Survival.

Head

Strat Undead

Neck

Mark of Fordring

Eastern Plaguelands

Quest

Shoulders

UBRS

Back

Cape of the Black Baron

Strat Undead

Chest

Savage Gladiator Chain

BRD

Wrist

Maraudon

Hands

Tribal Leatherworker

Crafted

Waist

Frostbite Girdle

Scholo

Legs

Tribal Leatherworker

Crafted

Feet

Scholo

Ring 1

Painweaver Band

UBRS

Ring 2

Blackstone Ring (1% hit)

Maraudon

Trinket 1

Blackhand's Breadh

UBRS

Quest

Trinket 2

Hand of Justice

BRD

Trinket 2 (horde only)

The Hinterlands

Quest

Main Hand

Peacemaker

Strat Undead

Ranged

Blackcrow (1% hit)

LBRS

Wrist I would say is debatable, you could get Wristguards of Renown from BRD which have 10 Agility (20AP and .19% crit) which also stacks with Kings if you're Alliance. Or, if you're hit strapped you could do Slashclaw Bracers from Halycon in LBRS which have 7 Agility and 1% hit

Waist I would say is wrong, you would want Marksman's Girdle from Urok Doomhowl in LBRS which gives 21 Agility and 1% hit (pretty damn dope)

I forgot Celerity was off of Valth and not Drakk, good catch on that one. Mark of Fordring is pretty damn good anyway and easier to get as well. Everything else looks fine to me, weapon is always going to be tricky between two 1h and one 2h since you can't get Barbarous at launch. If you go the dual 1h I believe you get 2% crit and a handful of AP, but with Peacemaker you get 1% crit and a bunch of AP, it's a toughie. For ranged though, I think that Blackcrow is pretty much the best option since it is slow as well, a 3.20 speed is good for shot weaving so I wouldn't really recommend going to another weapon (even a bow/gun for racial)

Good stuff though, should be a helpful list to aspiring hunters. I personally haven't played one in years but I intend to for K3, gonna love making rogue heads explode when I take their leather.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Wristguards_of_Renown
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Marksman's_Girdle
Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Added.

These items (and others that appeared at the same patch) will be introduced with the dungeon 2 patch (patch 1.10), which on Kronos III is placed between Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub in the timeline. And before more questions come in i might as well add that a full list of the gated items (and when they become available) will not be posted. But with each new patch we will announce the items (and other new content) becoming available at that patch.

Last edited:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Wristguards_of_Renown
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Marksman's_Girdle

These items (and others that appeared at the same patch) will be introduced with the dungeon 2 patch (patch 1.10), which on Kronos III is placed between Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub in the timeline. And before more questions come in i might as well add that a full list of the gated items (and when they become available) will not be posted. But with each new patch we will announce the items (and other new content) becoming available at that patch.
Interesting, makes sense though when I reread the content timeline paragraph. In that case, the list above is pretty damn accurate - I do question why the timeline on the K3 site doesn't just list patch numbers though for reference in item gating.

Last edited:
What about items that were updated in retail? Because original versions of Savage Gladiator Chain or Windreaver Greaves have very different stats and therefore definitely arent pre-raid BiS items.

What about items that were updated in retail? Because original versions of Savage Gladiator Chain or Windreaver Greaves have very different stats and therefore definitely arent pre-raid BiS items.
All items will be released with their 1.12.1 stats, BUT they will be available by the patch they were available the first time. If savage glad chest was avaulable from 1.1 it will be available on k3 from start with 1.12.1 stats.

All items will be released with their 1.12.1 stats, BUT they will be available by the patch they were available the first time. If savage glad chest was avaulable from 1.1 it will be available on k3 from start with 1.12.1 stats.
Oh ok, that's very different from Nost/Elysium servers then. In that case i think the BiS list mentioned is quite accurate.

Head

Strat Undead

Neck

Mark of Fordring

Eastern Plaguelands

Quest

Shoulders

UBRS

Back

Cape of the Black Baron

Strat Undead

Chest

Savage Gladiator Chain

BRD

Wrist

Maraudon

Hands

Tribal Leatherworker

Crafted

Waist

Frostbite Girdle

Scholo

Legs

Tribal Leatherworker

Crafted

Feet

Scholo

Ring 1

Painweaver Band

UBRS

Ring 2

Blackstone Ring (1% hit)

Maraudon

Trinket 1

Blackhand's Breadh

UBRS

Quest

Trinket 2

Hand of Justice

BRD

Trinket 2 (horde only)

The Hinterlands

Quest

Main Hand

Peacemaker

Strat Undead

Ranged

Blackcrow (1% hit)

LBRS

Afaik the Peacemaker was added later in the game, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Peacemaker suggests patch 1.4.0. Therefore it shouldn't be available at KIII release. My guess is that Dal rend's should be the BiS then, with Retaliator from BRD coming in second. Also the Dungeon set 1 wrists for hunter and rogue give 15 agi which is arguably better than 30 AP the bracers from Princess give.

Other than that I think this is the definite pre raid BiS list unless we missed some later changed items. I am not 100% sure about Helm, Waist and the weapons.

Afaik the Peacemaker was added later in the game, http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Peacemaker suggests patch 1.4.0. Therefore it shouldn't be available at KIII release. My guess is that Dal rend's should be the BiS then, with Retaliator from BRD coming in second. Also the Dungeon set 1 wrists for hunter and rogue give 15 agi which is arguably better than 30 AP the bracers from Princess give.

Other than that I think this is the definite pre raid BiS list unless we missed some later changed items. I am not 100% sure about Helm, Waist and the weapons.

You may be right about peacemaker, there's a couple items that I guessed at. All the pre-raid BiS lists I could find via Google were patch 1.4 or later so they were littered with DM items, AV rep items, etc.

Dungeon Set 1 items will not be available at launch per the timeline so none of those items were included.

Hunters will literally roll on all rogue gear save for a mail piece or two, and I imagine this will be the trend until we can start assembling some tier 1 pieces. Yeah we gonna piss off some rogues but it literally is what it is...

Good point on Peacemaker, if the itemization truly is purely by patch than it won't be released until the Elemental Invasion in July. D1 bracers are better for sure since 15 agility is the same as 30 RAP plus .28% crit (and other assorted stats like AC).

Ugh, Rend set may be right - 1% crit and 50AP but you'd have to beat rogues/warriors who are going to blacklist you for life for them haha. Dreadforge Retaliator is the safer bet since you'd only be fighting arms warrs (lol) for it, and it's only 20 AP less. Assassination Blade/Dawn's Edge and Bonescraper aren't bad alternatives either (the first two are BoE Dawn's Edge is crafted), so they may be "easier" to come by.

Mulder put a good list together though for sure

Yeah I didn't even think about Dalrend's as your chances to even see both, let alone get a roll after your rogues and warriors is just terribly low. Not worth getting kicked out of your guild.

Honestly MC and Ony are only a month after launch, and with 5000 people online it's going to really slow the leveling. Don't be surprised if you step into MC, if your guild is eager to get going, in a bunch of greens that aren't even from this list.

Yeah I didn't even think about Dalrend's as your chances to even see both, let alone get a roll after your rogues and warriors is just terribly low. Not worth getting kicked out of your guild.

Honestly MC and Ony are only a month after launch, and with 5000 people online it's going to really slow the leveling. Don't be surprised if you step into MC, if your guild is eager to get going, in a bunch of greens that aren't even from this list.
Agreed, and stat sticks for hunters like Dal Rends are always going to prio lower (by a lot) than they will for rogues and the ilk

HORDE

HEAD

Crown of Tyranny
Balnazzar (Strat Living, 19%)
Enchant: Lesser Arcanum of Voracity (+8 Agi)

NECK
In Dreams (quest)

SHOULDERS
Pyroguard the Emberseer (UBRS, 20%)

BACK
Baron Rivendare (Strat UD, 17%)
Enchant: Lesser Agility (+3 Agi)

CHEST
Gorosh the Dervish (BRD Arena, 15%)
Enchant: Greater Stats (+4 all stats)

BRACERS
Halycon (LBRS, 29%)
Enchant: Mana Regeneration (4 mp5)

GLOVES
Created by LW
Enchant: Greater Agility (+7 Agi)

BELT
Ras Frostwhisper (Scholo, 16%)

LEGS
Created by LW
Enchant: Lesser Arcanum of Voracity (+8 Agi)

BOOTS
Kirtonos the Herald (Scholo, 11%)
Enchant: Greater Agility (+7 Agi)

RINGS
General Drakkisath (UBRS, 21%)

Princess Theradras (Maraudon, 26%)

TRINKETS
For The Horde! (quest)
Emperor Dagran Thaurissan (BRD, 19%)

WEAPON
Warchief Rend Blackhand (UBRS, 15%)
Enchant: Agility (+15 Agi x 2)

RANGED
Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin (LBRS, 8%)
Scope: Sniper Scope (+7 dmg)

Last edited:
Excuse me, but Hand of Justice?? If I played melee and a hunter needed on that trink I would rage out.

Devilsaur eye should be better than Hand of Justice. Don't know if you can FD and change trinket, in that case you need both. As for melee weapons Dal'rend > 2xBone Slicing Hatchet(if availble) > 2x1% crit one-handers > Dreadforge retaliator

Top Bottom