• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Priest Mind Control bugged?

Magmarr

Authorized
Hey. I have realised that the Priest ability: Mind Control is not working as it did in retail vanilla or Nostalrius?

I had a 60 priest in Retail and on Nost. I remember cleary that elites was "Mind Controlable". This isnt the case on Kronos 2 Is this intended?

I also noticed that the ability responded fully to the tooltip of the spell. This was not the case in either retail or nost. It was actually a tooltip misstake made by blizzard. It seems like Kronos has made this spell follow the tooltip. What I mean here is that the spell should work on targets 2 levels higher than you always. This spell is learned when you reach lvl 30 and the tooltip says you can control targets up to lvl 32. This tooltip had a update bug like many other spells and was always showing "up to 32" until your new rank. The spell should work on targets 2 levels higher, always (If you are lvl 33 it works up to lvl 35 etc) It was then limited to ranks (It stopped working on higher levels unless you got the new rank) In this case on Kronos 2. It would not work on targets above lvl 32 even if you get all the way to 40. Thanks for reading and maybe someone will ease my mind and I can enjoy my favorite spell :)

Last edited:
If it worked the way you described it, it would be pointless to have Mind Control Rank 2 and Rank 3, because the only thing that changes on Rank 2 and 3 is the ability to mind control higher level targets.

In other words, you remember it wrong.

Alright. I might remember that one wrong from retail but not from Nost. I guess Nost had it bugged then. But I definitely remember on both nost and retail that elites was mind controlable..

List those who should be. For example, elites in Strat living ARE mind controllable.

For example, Every Scarlet Crusade mob. Even in Tyr's hand and in Scarlet Monastery and outside. (Exept dungeon bosses) Also the Blackrock Depths dwarves. This was very useful sometimes (It may not have been, but fun however) to Mind Control the mana users that had healing abilities.

I also remember in Scholomance there was a humanoid surrounded by drakes. This was a famous strategy in Retail and people remembered it in Nost. You Mind Controled that elite in the middle and used its aoe effect.

Same thing goes to Dire Maul: North. It was basically not a dungeon run because you wanted to keep as many alive as possible. So you used some fun tacticts with slow fall, levitate, Mind Soothe, freezing trap and ofc Mind control on one of the elite ogres.

I have not tried all elite Humanoids.(on Nostalrius or Retail) But I don't remember a single one that is not Mind Controlable (Exept bosses, Dungeon mini bosses and a very few exeptions) But yes, the outdoor "bosses" like the Orcs in redridge was also mind controlable.

Sidenote: I am currently leveling my third priest to 60 on Kronos 2. And I am far from it yet. So I do not have full experience on how Kronos 2 handles Mind Control and which mobs are immune. (Exept Scarlet Crusade) If the rest of the elites are Mind Controlable, Nice! But then I feel like the Scarlet Monastery mobs are bugged out. Maybe there is a reason behind it and it is instead intended. Then why? But I do feel like this applies to many other elites as I have spoken to another 60 Priest on Kronos 2 Who had the same experience with other elites not working.

Last edited:
Here is wowwiki page dated Nov 2006. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Control?oldid=317386

It's clearly written here:
"Though it's not clear from the descripion, Mind Control actually lets a priest usurp the will of a player or mob up to two levels above the priest's initially. Each successive rank of Mind Control raises the uppper limit by 1, so that by Rank 3 you can control any unit up to 4 levels above the priest's level."

Top Bottom