• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Racial - Human (feedback) vs Dwarf (stoneform)

DMLoon

Hi,

Is the human priest racial ability Feedback have any viability over Dwarf's stoneform? This is strictly a PVP question.

In theory the human w/ Feedback is generally more offensive to casters and the Dwarf w/ stoneform is generally defensive against bleeds, poison, etc. Anyone ever pull elite / clutch / sender moves with feedback? I really like the idea of harassing with mana burn in general, so feedback is attractive in that regard. But stoneform seems pretty tried and true.

Thanks in advance for any related experiences!

feedback + mana burn sounds fun in theory atleast. Perception against rogues is good aswell?

Hi,

Is the human priest racial ability Feedback have any viability over Dwarf's stoneform? This is strictly a PVP question.

In theory the human w/ Feedback is generally more offensive to casters and the Dwarf w/ stoneform is generally defensive against bleeds, poison, etc. Anyone ever pull elite / clutch / sender moves with feedback? I really like the idea of harassing with mana burn in general, so feedback is attractive in that regard. But stoneform seems pretty tried and true.

Thanks in advance for any related experiences!
Anti-Fear is a massive benefir even if u didn't count stoneform. If a guild has a choice between a human & dwarf priest then they pick the dwarf.
5% bonus spirit is indeed nice but compared to the fear ward ability it falls terribly short of competing.

Thanks for the replies and input everyone! Although it's not exactly what I wanted to hear ;) But facts are facts. Probably end up being undead anyway :p just because of the lower population on the horde side = more ally targets in wPvP

Loon

Feedback costs a lot of mana, so unless used in conjunction with Inner Focus it's generally not worth using beyond a rank 1 dispel cover. And even then it's only useful against a mage spamming arcane missiles, because it simply doesn't burn that much mana.

Thanks for the replies and input everyone! Although it's not exactly what I wanted to hear ;) But facts are facts. Probably end up being undead anyway :p just because of the lower population on the horde side = more ally targets in wPvP

Loon
Nothing beats hunting gnomes ;)

troll priest in prem is better, undead priest is better solo pvp
Undead always beat trolls as priest, the troll racial costs mana thus it resets the spirit tick, undead get offensive debuffs & have high base spirit while trolls get anti heal debuff & lightning shield imitation.

well i guess its always good to have 1 troll priest in premades for the 20% negative heal debuff.

I think Will of The Forsaken is pretty much a no-brainer. Me and the homies are really itching to get at it in the wPvP. No corpse camping of course .....

right...

right...?

l i guess its always good to have 1 troll priest in premades for the 20% negative heal debuff.
Nah you actually bring a warrior instead for the -50% heal debuff.

Wotf provides you more utility in teamplay than any of the troll racials (I don't even remember if berserking is off gcd or if it hastes your gcd at all in vanilla, if it doesn't then it's absolute horseshit), the ability to break off fear, seduce and mind control cap is rather valuable especially when you're quite commonly the only defensive dispel in a set location as a horde priest.

Last edited:
Dwarf for alliance, UD for horde. I don't know why anyone would go for any other race when playing priest. Especially on alliance, Dwarf is better for PvE AND PvP.

Any thoughts on this PvP spec? https://classicdb.ch/?talent#bxMGRbbZfVzZVMgzcd

my pvp experience is limited to TBC and Wrath on rogue/warrior/warlock mains. I did get Rival in S5 on the rogue, big whoop though. Looking to harass/control/dispel with a little healing and damage on the side with this priest. Sounds like fun at least!

feedback could, theoretically, be a decent spell if it would only proc blackout, which it doesn't.

shadow focus is most likely obsolete with proper itemization
usually also go for mental agility instead of inner fire and manaburn. I get a feeling like inner fire and burn are a better option though :) maybe next time I get my hands on a priest

https://classicdb.ch/?talent#bxMGRbbZfVzZAMMd0t
id take shadow weaving over reach.

Wotf provides you more utility in teamplay than any of the troll racials (I don't even remember if berserking is off gcd or if it hastes your gcd at all in vanilla, if it doesn't then it's absolute horseshit), the ability to break off fear, seduce and mind control cap is rather valuable especially when you're quite commonly the only defensive dispel in a set location as a horde priest.
Not every warrior uses Mortal Strike and the priest debuff has a longer duration + its ranged which they cannot simply outrun ;)

You don't roll hex of weakness for the -healing debuff, you run it to stack curses to protect CoT and waste GCDs on the decurse. Additionally, you are playing with absolute garbage shamans if you are sitting in fears or mc caps. Also berserking has no GCD.

I would mention the blackout procs off of shadowguard but that is still broken here.

I guess no one prem with a proper troll priest before.

YAdditionally, you are playing with absolute garbage shamans if you are sitting in fears or mc caps.
Yeah because there's always a shaman next to you in a bg? Because two people absolutely can't get cc'd simultaneously? You'll mostly get mc capped while on def, and shamans are supposed to be on offense in "serious" games.

Covering a curse can be useful now and then for sure, but I don't think that as you put it, any proper priest wants to spend most of their globals spamming a debuff, much less be in range of every enemy caster. It's simply not as useful as you're making it out to be, compared to wotf which simply has fairly consistent value.

I can see where you are coming from, but with an organised enough group WOTF is redundant in group play with shamans.
-WSG mid control, always sham near
-AB BS rush always sham near
-AB LM def with 1 sham in ghostwolf
-WSG if going for flag return 1 priest should be on offence anyways

In all other cases outside a top prem i would agree UD better, but troll priest is more valuable under proper organisation and tactics.

WSG mid fights are a very small part of organised games, you have a shaman in offence but a lot of the times you will get peeled away from each other. In defense you wont have a shaman.

For AB, if you have a shaman deffing a flag spot, you prolly have too many shamans. for BS rush you're mostly dispelling/mana burning, covering CoT has some value there yes, but still wotf is way more consistent and superior in both solo and group play.

@DMLoon get spirit tap instead of shadow focus. Mana is a real big issue especially for horde priests since you are the only defensive dispeller. You will also anyway want 3% from gear for dispelling so no hit to shadow spells has really any use. Shadow weaving mostly acts as a thrash buff so 2/5 is sufficient, shadow reach is good for silence and mind flay range when peeling,

Last edited:
Top Bottom