• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Private Server PvP Problem

Ksparks

Hello all,
I hope this post is in the correct area for the upcoming Kronos server, I am not the most tech savvy person. First, I wanted to start off by saying I am very excited for this server. The staff seems professional, kind, and dedicated, which too be honest, I haven't seen much of that in other private server endeavors. Since I am fairly new to private servers, I won't go off making tons of suggestions and pretending like I know much about how these things work. My only real hope is that this server is as close to "blizzlike" as possible, being that vanilla was my favorite of the three WoWs I played (I stopped towards the end of WotlK, because I just couldn't do it anymore, the game was continually growing away from what I loved). However, I must say I am in favor of the reduction of the respect cost to 10g, because I feel that will encourage people to contribute in both PvP and PvE whole heartedly. Though, I can understand if people have qualms over it, and I would not be upset if it remained what it use to be.

Anyway, sorry for the long opener, my suggestion I wanted to bring up was about multiple game accounts that people typically have access to on private servers. In the handful of private servers I've played, the players usually have more than one account. This is usually due to wanting to "power-level" alts or to have access (in my case, see every quest in the game) to both factions on the same server. Though this is a nice perk to private servers, every server I have played on the PvP has suffered greatly for it. The examples I have seen have been (no bias for factions here, just what I've seen, and I'm sure its on both sides) alliance characters getting on their horde characters and queueing (spelling?) up for battlegrounds (or entering like this in wintergrasp) on those characters so that they fill the horde side with inactive players. This prevents the PvP system from working properly (breaking wintergrasp imo, because it prevents tenacity), and makes the PvP aspect of the game horrible (as stated earlier, I'm sure it happens on both side, just giving my personal experience). I was curious to know what this server was planning to do to fix, regulate, or prevent issues like this on their server?

I don't know much about computers but when people are banned, is their IP address tracked? Maybe IP addresses could be monitored to limit the number of accounts or something? I don't want people to be limited in their account ability, I just think this problem breaks the game. Another side-suggestion I had pertaining to this issue (since I'm under the impression that private servers are quite costly), maybe in addition to donation vanity items and such, people could have a limit to game accounts they can have, maybe like 2 or so, and they could donate for access to more? Is that a reasonable thing? I honestly have no clue (legally especially) if that is a workable implementation.

Last two quick things (sorry my post has been so long guys and gals). One server I played on, the enemy npcs used their "special abilities" about 3-4x more often than I ever remembered, which made some boss encounters very weird and nothing like they use to be. Mobs that had fear and stun mechanics were especially brutal. I'm sure that is not a problem here, but just curious if it has been addressed. And lastly, I'm sure this has been covered somewhere I didn't see, but has anyone beta tested this server to see what connection is like for US east coast? If anyone has a link to where that might be, I'd love to check it out. Thanks. Once again, sorry for the big post.

Please go easy on your comments about this, I haven't ever posted on a private server forum before. The reason being, I have never respected or felt passionate enough about one to do so. However, I feel Kronos is a server that's quality will be above the rest.

About PvP - This issue was already discussed in many threads. Limiting accs to IP adress is useless. When you have 2 players in the family, only one of them could have acc. And IP adress can be changed (even mac adress can be changed) by 3rd party software.

So, what i know, you will have to report these "honor traders" and they will get banned because It will be forbiden to use multiple accs to farm honor.

About NPCs - this should work as intended (but something may sliped devs atention)

About ping - This also have been discussed. You should have about 100 ms, but if you want to be sure, you can try to connect to other servers.

Honestly i dont think people would spend 2-3 weeks to level up a 60 just to ghost queue in PvP. This is not like warsong where you can level up a 60 in less than a day. I dont think it'll be a problem. Just my thoughts on it.

Nobody will play an "alt" up to level 60 (which takes honestly 7-8 days /played time if your really quick) just to get into a queue for his oer her main. ;)

I'd say I totally agree with the lack of people abusing the account PvP manipulation, but one of the private servers I played on was a 1x exp vanilla server with no instant leveling system, and there was still a mass of offenders continuing to cause this issue.

But I also understand how the IP address tracking won't really do much now that it has been explained. I guess we will just have to be vigilant in out efforts to help protect this server from people who can't manage to play this game without cheating.

I'm surprised that ghosting happens on x1 servers. I would guess that it are the same people doing it over and over again. Simply banning (and permanently for repeated offense) the characters afking would quickly resolve the issue and greatly reduce incentive to lvl a character solely for this purpose.

If they would only queue up and not join the actual battleground this doesn't allow 5 vs 10 games since afaik the amount of people that can join is limited when there is an inbalance.

About PvP - This issue was already discussed in many threads. Limiting accs to IP adress is useless. When you have 2 players in the family, only one of them could have acc. And IP adress can be changed (even mac adress can be changed) by 3rd party software.

Hold on hold on,

I will admit I have not read this thread at all, lol.
But are you telling me no one in my family can play Kronos WoW simultaniously with me???

That would suck MAJOR MAJOR COW NUTS.
Please tell me it ain't so and Im just being a dumb ass.

Hold on hold on,

I will admit I have not read this thread at all, lol.
But are you telling me no one in my family can play Kronos WoW simultaniously with me???

That would suck MAJOR MAJOR COW NUTS.
Please tell me it ain't so and Im just being a dumb ass.
Read his post again

Top Bottom