• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Problem Problem with latency

banti

Authorized
Hi,
I have a problem problem with latency. When I log in my latency moves around 60-80ms, but when I play for longer amount of time it gets lot worse. It moves between 700-2000ms and it makes the game unplayble. I've tried every realmlist option including the "login" option. My internet is fine, my latency moves from 20 to 30ms. Any ideas how to solve this issue?

EDIT: This morning my latence went up to 6k ms, making the game really unplayble. I have no idea what could be the cause of this.

Last edited:
Bit late on the response but I'm having the exact same issue. My ping spikes up right after the first minute or two, before that it's fine. I also tried all the login servers and there was no difference. Pinging the server from the terminal gave me 30-40 ms consistently but ingame it jumps to couple of thousand. Tried other games such as Minecraft as I thought it was a Linux issue (it was indeed partly but I fixed that), no lag. US-based server (I'm EU) consistent 120-130ms smooth. Twitch streams run without interruption at 720p60.

EDIT: Tried Counter-strike as well. Completely stable 25ms at the server I was in.

For me what kinda solved it was using the Ethernet cable but that's just not practical for me. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be thankful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom