• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

pRoBLemS wiTh kRoNoS pvP

Dear hammered, how are you? Hope fine. The SoC damage is not OP in kronos. Make some calculations my friend. I have 1030 AP with 220 Spell damage + 10% damage from aura + 15% damage from vengeance + Zg trinket poped (it means more 200 or something Spell Power). Well I don't know if you attended school but I hope you can do this work.
Secondly, in that footage I was using full T2 paladin, do you know what it means? Do some search about 8/8 T2 pally ability, please. So did you make the search? Ok. Thats why I didn't use Judgment of Crusader when my enemy is under Repentance.

There's a lot of classism going on here and it just sickens me. I'd take a retribution Jellopy over a holy Kamchak any day of the week. Stay woke.

Ret is garbage but these feral druids who keep queing and don't run the flag, don't fucking heal DONT DO SHIT but fight random warlocks in middle are just as garbage. Sandsteen is one of them theres like 2 or 3 more as well.
maybe if I start doing the same wsg will be fun again

Dear hammered, how are you? Hope fine. The SoC damage is not OP in kronos. Make some calculations my friend. I have 1030 AP with 220 Spell damage + 10% damage from aura + 15% damage from vengeance + Zg trinket poped (it means more 200 or something Spell Power). Well I don't know if you attended school but I hope you can do this work.
Secondly, in that footage I was using full T2 paladin, do you know what it means? Do some search about 8/8 T2 pally ability, please. So did you make the search? Ok. Thats why I didn't use Judgment of Crusader when my enemy is under Repentance.

Dear Demian,

Go unarmed. Check your "Weapon Damage" tab in Character Screen. That is after your AP has been taken in account and calculated based on your attack speed. Multiply it by 0.7 to see what your base SoC Procc damage is.

You can then add the 220 SPD you have and the 204 dmg from ZHC. That's roughly 420 (lul) more spell damage. Multiply that by 0.2 for proper blizzlike SoC procc additional damage.

I currently have a weaponless paladin with a flask pop'd (i realize the flask is not necessarily the usual consumable to bring for a shitty wsg which horde will win anyway) that does 1k dmg soc proccs while swinging away with bare knuckles doing 50ish white damage. It crits up to 2300 dmg.

Your 8/8 set is an additional flat 80ish damage that you can see both on your combat log and on top of the judged target, but we're not even talking about judgements in the first place. I know why you mentioned it, I guess you have a point here, breaking Repetance would be dumb, you could have added it prior tho, I was addressing the issue with paladins not using it in general. It should, probably, be qualified as a spell that increases by percentage-based modifiers like your aura and/or Vengeance as it is on kronos. In the video, for example, you did 82 dmg.

A fast procc damage calculus based on the stats you've hereby stated and the weapon which is clearly Neretzek would looks like that:

1030 AP with Neretzek results in 503-610 Weapon damage. The AP to Weapon damage at a 3,70 speed wep is roughly 3,16:1. (Taken the 106% due to 2h wep wielded talent)

0.70x503= 352 min. 0.70x610= 427 max. 390 med.
The added 420 spd would result in 84 more damage on procc. (20% from spd sources not stating they add +holy dmg)
352+84= 436 min. 427+84= 511 max.
+Vengeance: ((503*1.15)*0.70+84)*1.15= 562 min. ((610*1.15)*0.70+84)*1.15= 661 max.
+Sanctity: 562+56=618min. 661+66= 727 max.

crit: 1236 dmg min. 1454 dmg max.

For the sake of avoiding a statistical error I've gone through the Vengeance multiplier twice: once for your base weapon damage and once after it's turned to a holy procc dmg.

On the video you crit for 2010 damage which is circa 600 more than what you should be able to do at best when your stars align like they did (with vengeance off the white swing and your ZHC on.)
My wildest guess is the 420 spell damage you have (of which you should only get 84 damage) gives you the leftover 300ish spell damage converted to damage and increased by the various % multipliers, which when doubled (crit) results in you doing 600 or so more damage.

Tbh, I didn't attend school regularly and slept through my maths classes, because I was more interested in playing my paladin late at night. Years later I do realize it was a mistake since I wouldn't have had to deal with simplified theorycrafting like that.

P.S. nice touch on the Neretzek usage, the 100% spd coefficient on the Drain Life is blizzlike and puts in use what little spd you have on gear, i like it... ;)

Last edited:
as always, checking a real 1.12 video can help everyone reach a safer decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oiIy5j5oUA&t
1.12, using R14 set so we pretty much can more safely guess stats and compare

i have full t2 paladin and in the rare occasions i played in full ret spec i got the feeling SoC does indeed more damage that i would expect based on my round-up calculations (i am in no way experienced on paladins so it is just an estimation and nothing more)

but in all honesty, i would rather see the absurd procs of weapons or talents get fixed than anything related to ret paladins (i don't care if ret paladins do a bit more damage, majority of them are playing like NPCs anyway)

as always, checking a real 1.12 video can help everyone reach a safer decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oiIy5j5oUA&t
1.12, using R14 set so we pretty much can more safely guess stats and compare

i have full t2 paladin and in the rare occasions i played in full ret spec i got the feeling SoC does indeed more damage that i would expect based on my round-up calculations (i am in no way experienced on paladins so it is just an estimation and nothing more)

but in all honesty, i would rather see the absurd procs of weapons or talents get fixed than anything related to ret paladins (i don't care if ret paladins do a bit more damage, majority of them are playing like NPCs anyway)

I just recorded a video in PTR showing that the damage is pretty much the same using the gear of this paladin. He has something like 125 spell power, which is very bad. Yes, R13 armor is not that good for paladins imo. T2,5 is way better, because you get more spell power, more attack power and more criticals. Even using T2 stacking in spell power as I do is better imo.
I'll post it in my youtube channel to prove my statement.
The problem is that ppl don't know how vanilla paladin (retribution, mostly) works. So when someone start using it as it should be used ppl think it is bugged. I can get like 4 times the SP that the guy from video has.

I just recorded a video in PTR showing that the damage is pretty much the same using the gear of this paladin. He has something like 125 spell power, which is very bad. Yes, R13 armor is not that good for paladins imo. T2,5 is way better, because you get more spell power, more attack power and more criticals. Even using T2 stacking in spell power as I do is better imo.
I'll post it in my youtube channel to prove my statement.
The problem is that ppl don't know how vanilla paladin (retribution, mostly) works. So when someone start using it as it should be used ppl think it is bugged. I can get like 4 times the SP that the guy from video has.

Yet Timmy and Retherz are climbing ranks for what reason? More specifically Retherz, since he already has 2.5. I can understand the joy of just playing BGs, but the smart option for Timmy would be to bite the bullet and heal for a guild over a months time and be rewarded with full t2.5 and a better weapon then the AV mace.

Although, we will see if Timmy goes for 14 or is even allowed to make it with people popping into st 1 randomly.

Top Bottom