• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Professions to take when your new to the server?

RudyRaccoon

So what professions are you supposed to take up to get by on this server if your completely new? I heard having Skinning doesn't work as leather doesn't sell very well. Some people have said to me that you need a second account so you can have the main with crafts and the alt with gathering but what you there were mats you needed to collect that were in a raid instance and your playing with the main? You wouldn't be able to get them. Plus it be a pain in the bum trying to level 2 characters at once.

I really am at loss here. :sad:

Which class do you plan to roll? E.g.: Warlocks should always get tailoring and rush for full bloodvine asap.

herbalism never fails cous people always need consumables for raids. will make it easier to get the mounts for sure.
second proffesion enchanting for level 50+ cous you'll be doing a lot of 5mans to gear up pre-raid and in the process get many small upgrades that u can disenchant and get a profit from, or save the enchant mats for when u get the good items.

Which class do you plan to roll? E.g.: Warlocks should always get tailoring and rush for full bloodvine asap.

Well funny to say it's actually Warlock I'm interested in playing. Problem is once you get the full bloodvine set, there's really not much other use of tailoring apart from selling bags.

herbalism never fails cous people always need consumables for raids. will make it easier to get the mounts for sure.
second proffesion enchanting for level 50+ cous you'll be doing a lot of 5mans to gear up pre-raid and in the process get many small upgrades that u can disenchant and get a profit from, or save the enchant mats for when u get the good items.

The only issue of Enchanting is it's a money sink profession, you'll lose a lot to it even though supposedly at higher levels you can make great profit from the mats so I don't know about that one.

Well funny to say it's actually Warlock I'm interested in playing. Problem is once you get the full bloodvine set, there's really not much other use of tailoring apart from selling bags.

The only issue of Enchanting is it's a money sink profession, you'll lose a lot to it even though supposedly at higher levels you can make great profit from the mats so I don't know about that one.

I would go tailor and enchanting in your case.
Tailor for bloodvine, bags and mooncloth (which is a nice steady income if used on cd).
You do not need to lvl enchanting at all to disenchant high lvl items. I would recommend downloading the addon“Enchantrix“ to see what materials come out of which items when disenchanting. Then compare vendor price of the item to possible ah price for dusts and shards. Items above lvl 50 (esprcially greens) often have a higher disenchanting value. You will get a feel for what is worth dissing rly quickly.

I remember this deal well, worked for years on retail, find the req level 51-55 and 56-60 and de for illusion dust and lesser/greater eternals. depending on pricing often you coulud make many multiples of your money on mat sales. remember weapons get mostly eternals, while armor gets mostly dust.

more generally, my experience with leveling ench. to max was pre-2.3 bc, and it was a LOT of work selling the enchants needed for the higher skill-ups. Very time-consuming OR expensive unless you have a guild which will use you regularly.

Top Bottom