• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Progressive XP rates with calendar

What do ou think about XP rates solution mentioned Lower?

• I want 1x rates but this is acceptable.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • I want higher rates but this is acceptable.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I want 1x rates and this is nonsence.

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • I want higher rates and this is nonsence.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I dont't care about XP rates.

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Aieris

Authorized
I've mentioned this idea in another thread, but i don't want it to be lost in offtopic, because the more i think about it, the more i think that this is the right way for Kronos.

The idea is, that XP rastes will increase in time with some period, let's say 4 months. Each month will be different XP rates so everyone can chose when to jump in. So first month xp 0-1x, second 0-2x, third 0-3x, fourth 0-4x and fifth again 0-1x. This should satisfy most of the players. Everyone who will join the server will have to make a decision, if join on lower rates or wait for higher and i belive that many will chose lower just have their 60 sooner.

This also should help players, that will come later to catch up with the others, because, like someone already sayed, leveling on vanilla alone is not fun - Empty locations, nobody for dungeon, etc... And that's exactly what will happen when the main wave of players reach higher levels.

Together with calendar on the web page, which will show when what rates will begin, this should encourage players to join server in groups rather than one by one, so they will not level alone.

So, i want to know your opinoins, from both sides.
Is it acceptable for you?
Or it's nonsence?

As mentioned in previous topic, all similar threads will be closed to prevent 6 pages of raging flames again.

As mentioned in previous topic, all similar threads will be closed to prevent 6 pages of raging flames again.

Closing all threads discussing the most important decision made for this server for many players might not be the most intelligent thing to do.

On topic: I think its a very bad idea. People will wait for higher rates and check how much people are on the server. Since most will wait everyone will think the server is dead at the start, causing less player to come and hype to fade.

Last edited:
Well, this will decrease population at launch, but i think, that it will be max 30%.

We also can make some pool where will be showed, how many players want to join when. Or we can start with 4x and after first month come to 1x. There are options.

Stop with the senseless discussion already and just wait and see.
You can't tell anything from polls at the moment since only a few of the upcoming players is active on the forum.
/thread

Chero already told that topics with this issue will be locked so STOP DOING IT AGAIN! We must respect our god (Chero) :wub:

Chero closed that last thread because it has turned from discussion to abusing others. Here, i just want your opinions on this idea.

If the discussion will continue without any offensive posts, this thread will remain open. However, Lharts is right, currently our community is not big enough to get reasonable results from polls.

hmm i wonder why there is such a high interest in the xp rate, but no interrest in "rested" for example expanding the amount of rested can be stored or increase the rate of gaining rested.

Rested is at-least something that wont get out of hand since it is part of the game but cannot be used to get extremely fast/much xp all the way.

i am not much for the idea of going above 1x rate, but increasing either the cap of rested or the rate it is gained at slightly i wouldn't have anything against :smile:

Increasing the speed at how rested builds up can be a valid option since you can only get a certain amount of rested anyways. Think its 2 levels or something. Correcte me here if you would :p
This would mean people with alot game time won't jump to 60, but people with limited game time can take more advantage of their limited playtime.

actually that sounds awesome, but i think it is closer to 1 level ? but if it where 2-3 levels rested then boosting the resting by 2-3x couldn't hurt anyone, and as stated by "Lharts" it would make it more viable for those with limited time.

I am posting my idea again from a closed thread:

I wanted to suggest another option, since I see here some ppl arguing about the rates, my idea (and this comes from a server I played on years ago and that is still alive and kicking due to this method) is to make specific dates during the month for the rates to be higher, depending on the season on simply the staff's choice, ex: The server stays 1x but from Feb 26 to Feb 28 rates go x2, x3, x4, etc... every month just for 2 or 3 days max the rates increase, then go back to 1x, whoever took advantage of those days, great, whoever didn't, better luck next time, it's a way to control the masses that still have an issue with how the rates should go.

dont make from Kronos FUN SERVER OMG, rate is 1x, then is rate 1x.:blink:if u are lazy exp on 1rate, u can go play Offi, there are too 1x ...

Top Bottom