• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Psychi's WhisperFilter addon

Alright, I've found out where the problem was. With WIM, I didn't have to keep whispers enabled in the default chat frame. My whispers got through and people would whisper me back, but nothing would pop in conversation windows, nor could I see replies appear in there. Once I enabled whispers (checking the Whisper channel under the right-click menu of the default/main chat window) it started working properly... more or less.

1) In fact, now I'm getting messages from the addon in my main chat window: whenever I whisper anyone or someone whispers me back, a message appears there in white text reading SENT TO WIM, needless to say resulting in a lot of spam.

2) The copychat feature could use some improvements. Its snapshots show chat text chronologically inverted compared to the actual chat windows, with the newest messages appearing on top... it took me a while to figure this out, I was under the impression it was utterly bugged at first lol. Can't this be reverted? Also, it would be great if it could use a few customization options, as in being able to use client-sided chat settings (like channel colouring) or a player's own prat settings (timestamps, brackets, player names with level and class color, etc.).

3) The /i command invites players to party, it doesn't let you ignore them :wink:

4) How do I take error messages or filtered phrases off their blacklists? Just editing the addon's .lua in SavedVariables?

All in all, what I feel would be much needed for such a versatile addon, is a proper GUI or option window to let everyone control its many settings more easily, maybe implementing help tooltips in it too. It has a solid potential, but I've usually had to come back here to read up on a certain feature... and that's not very comfy! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Code:
[B]Hotfixes
[/B][COLOR=#ffffff][B]Fixed issue with WIM spam.[/B][/COLOR]

1) Hotfixed.

2) It could use some improvements. Thats why it's disabled by default. It's inverted because of 255 letters limit which I haven't found how to bypass.

3) That's not true.
5d16f3d41b

4) /wf remove phrase | blacklist <text>

And yes there will be GUI once i find all bugs and add all remaining features. Thanks for helping me with dem bugz.

Last edited:
3) That's not true.
5d16f3d41b

Well and what are those lines supposed to prove, the command isn't shown :tongue: Maybe it's some addon you're using but I can assure you, by default /i invites a player to party.

Anyway, thanks for the hotfix and keep up the good work!

Aight, more issues:

1) /wf error seems off. I tried to blacklist the Out of range. error message, typing /wf error out of range, yet the message keeps being displayed even though I'm returned the 'whisper' that it's been added to the blacklist. This happens with other error messages I've tried as well.

2) When someone whispers me/replies to me for the first time, their message is displayed within the main chat window, rather than its own conversation window. This only seems to happen for the very first whisper I receive from any player, regardless if it's them whispering me first or they're replying to a whisper from myself. All subsequent messages appear in the separate window as they should.

Last edited:
Code:
[B]Hotfixes
[/B][COLOR=#ffffff][B]You don't have to type dot in error filter message.
Fixed issue with first WIM message.[/B][/COLOR]

1) try it without dot :) ...you know random blizzard shit happening there...half of the messages are without dot and half of them with even tho all of them have dot in the end..don't ask me why :D gonna "fix" that anyways by removing dot in both strings

2) Fixed.

Now I hope i can start with loot filter thing...looks like i have to setup my own server otherwise it would take ages to test it. :(

Last edited:
I did try without dot, and didn't work. I even tried matching letter case and whatnot, all I could think of... it just doesn't work, despite the addon confirming what I type is added to the blacklist. =/ What gives?

I tested it with 5 different errors including yours out of range...it worked. Wrote exactly /wf error out of range, spell is not ready, you have no target. All fine. You should check if you have feature enabled by typing /wf error

My bad, the feature wasn't enabled.

I'm really liking this addon, it's a little masterpiece.

I was testing its various features, and I was wondering:

1) How does the extended ignore function specifically work? It does the same as the IgnoreMore addon? Does it ignore players or? Subsequently, what's ignore all about?

2) What sounds does the addon play that are silenced with /wf mute?

1) Alright. I expected this one a little bit confusing. So I'm gonna try to explain you.

There are two features.
First one - /ignore <player>. Imagine it like list of people that cannot whisper you. (Oposite to whitelist)

Second one - /wf ignore all Allows you to extended whisper block to block entire interaction with you. You can't see what they're writing in any channel and they also cannot trade you.

(That trade block took me a while but you won't actually even notice any message/sound if they spam trade. So it's better than blizzard ignore list where it spams "Trade cancelled" and makes sound.)

2) It mutes Highlight notification sound.

Last edited:
That's still a bit unclear I'm afraid. What I mean is, the way it's explained, /wf ignore and /wf ignore all are both switches, i.e. they toggle a certain option on and off. What I don't get is the setting itself that is being toggled. Hence why I asked if enabling /wf ignore is the same as using an addon like IgnoreMore. Do these switches (assumed they're actually switches at all, I'm not even sure about that anymore lol) rely on one's default Ignore List?

Yes both switches use same list.
/wf ignore - whispers
/wf ignore all - entire chat+trade

Nothing more.

Code:
[B]Changelog[/B]
[COLOR=#ffffff][B]Added Loot filter. [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B]BETA[/B][/COLOR]

New feature Loot Filter
e946aa3280

02a94175d5

Are you annoyed by neverending roll spam in chat?
IT'S TIME TO GET RID OF IT!

What does it do?
It tells you if anyone needed/greeded item so you can decide easier.
It shows you info about previous rolls 20 sec before end of the roll time.
In the end it reduces spam into few lines instead of line for each player separately.
(Winner - different color)

So this one took me a while and to be honest it was most difficult thing I've ever done in LUA.
WoW API doesn't support that much and I have to track all rolls only by chat output. Since there is posibility of having multiple rolls of similar item in the same time it was really HC to make it work.

I decided to upload separated BETA version of addon until I'm sure this feature is bug free.

I appreciate if you test it in dungeons/raids like ZG and tell me about bugs. Also any ideas and graphical changes you would like to see.

UPCOMING UPDATE

Mail blocker (yep gold sellers are even there)
Highlight phrase for each channel type.
Color editor.
GUI

Last edited:
Yes both switches use same list.
/wf ignore - whispers
/wf ignore all - entire chat+trade

Nothing more.

Aight, so if I've got it accross it just doesn't add anything, safe for the trade sound that gets muted for ignored players. Is that correct?

Anyway, more bugs:

1) The first time any player whispers me (per WoW session, so relogging/restarting WoW resets this) the whisper isn't displayed in my main chat window anymore, but the default whisper sound (not WIM's one then) can still be heard.

2) A few world chat trolls were banned/kicked by a GM earlier this morning, but I couldn't see the actual message saying that. I could only infer it by the lol's/rekt's spammed right away. Is there any default WF setting that might be filtering those? I'm not using any filter at all yet.

1) I'm trying to repeat that and it always shows all whispers :(

2) No there is not any default filter except asian letters. Must be something else.

1) Whispers always get through/are received, it's just the sound of incoming whisper that can be heard (quite randomly in fact) once per user on one of the first replies (so not necessarily the very first reply). It's kinda weird indeed.

2) Damn.

I had to rebuild my computer and I lost this addon. The download link at the thread start currently isn't working. Could anyone that has the addon upload it someplace once more, please?

I had to rebuild my computer and I lost this addon. The download link at the thread start currently isn't working. Could anyone that has the addon upload it someplace once more, please?
I updated download links in first post. But there aren't planned any further updates in this moment. Perhaps later if I start to play WoW again. :) (It doesn't mean that addon is broken or anything.)

@Psychi - I'd be happy to "Continue" the project for the addon. Also your addon links no longer work as the host is gone.

Update: 27-10-2017
All versions were merged into one universal addon. It is compatible with both 1.12.1 and 2.4.3 right now. More patches support coming soon.

Loot Filter

Spam about loot in chat is sometimes just too much. This feature should provide you all the info or even more in compact version.

/wf loot to activate this feature

lnen_bPFGjL9HU1DDyqWD5UBmgQjiTHa5mcVqw2ohpI

I noticed but I wasn't sure what he exactly changed and I also had version of mine in progress I decided to finish. So I did it and also added TBC support. It is too late to continue in this one. I am sorry. Right now I can develop TBC one and it will also change for vanilla.

Top Bottom