• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[PTR] commands

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest permitting the .learn command to the general public on ptr in order to improve testing, for example players would be able to test a lot more efficiently being able to .learn the gm immortality when testing a boss alone or learning windfury or hand of justice's proc allowing the player to spam the button to see if certain things can proc from those or learn spell/abilities that would require a quest.

.learn/unlearn & mod are quite powerful tools when testing and even if players do not become full fledged testers they can test or help test 1 or 2 cases that conserns them.

Heck the person could even learn the windfury aura to act as a permanent totem while testing on a dummy or .unlearn dodge or parry to take that out of the equation when testing defense skill, parry or dodge on its own without the others in the log.

with the .mod people could mod health to be astronomical and let the character soak infenitely or mod their mobility and ignore the tedious task of aquiring a adding gold, teleporting, buying skill & mount.

also allowing the threat debug would help eleviate the myth about threat and people would be able to properly test & report if threat truly does bug for something.

ofc some things should not be included, for example there is no reason to allow them to morph or mod scale (size) but the tools that makes testing easier & possible would help make things more transparant to new players who consider the server as not only can they view the perfect history of cases which all contain evidence as to why things get solved they can even go and verify things if required or in doubt regarding something they cannot find.

If you fear people being able to pre-test raids too early then you can just disable the "raid" option for groups on the ptr and limit which raids can be accessed so only full fledged testers can test unreleased content.

Here's a quick list of the commands that should be enabled for all and would not really cause any risk at least from my perspective.
.learn (learn things to test or use in order to better test)
.unlearn (to unlearn dodge/parry/block or whatever thing you use .learn to quire)
.mod speed (movement speed from 0 to 10 where 1 is norm speed)
.mod health (hp modifier)
.mod mana (mana modifier)
.mod honor (to increase/decrease honor to test rank or decay)
.mod rep (to increase/decrease rep)
.npc info (list of npc info most important of which would be the GUID which people can include when reporting a stuck npc)
.cooldown (resets all cooldowns)
.talent (resets talents)
and then whatever that threat debug command was ^^

been awhile since i used any of the commands tho but i still remember more or less their purpose & potential and they would all aid people in testing & reporting things with more accuracy & detail.

Top Bottom