• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ptr PvP

Interested/coming this Saturday?

• Sounds good man

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Yea, deffo be there this Saturday

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Thx for testing all. now we just wait till they open the next wing in wsg

Once again, what about test results?

-dispell and heals very stronk
-lag is annoying in pvp
-afking not beneficial for winning
-comps play a pretty big role in outcome of games
-7 agi best glove enchant for mages before aq

still requires further testing

Edit: Got a decent amount of messages that people would like to play today as well, so just to let everyone know we are gonna see if we get some games today as well.

Last edited:
Edit: Got a decent amount of messages that people would like to play today as well, so just to let everyone know we are gonna see if we get some games today as well.

Very noice! I made both ally and horde char now so can be veery flexi.

good rogue or mage more needed and what faction?

paditz godx

depends on who showup, most people have chars on both factions, but I suggest you make alliance and horde char, doesnt take long for mage/rogue

-dispell and heals very stronk
-lag is annoying in pvp
-afking not beneficial for winning
-comps play a pretty big role in outcome of games
-7 agi best glove enchant for mages before aq
Sounds like a waste of PTR resources.

ptr is abbreviate that meas public testing realm and not pevepeshers team realm
Kronos staff should look into what is allowed on PTR.

Re:Kamchak

Attracting traffic and pvp-oriented players which this realm highly lacks is hardly a waste of any resources. Not to mention that there's no resources being wasted in the first place, considering that the PTR is being kept online either way, and 20 people playing a few warsongs or dueling doesn't stress it that much.

The GM's even hanged with us for a moment last night, I'm sure they'd have stopped us if it somehow harmed the server. Or maybe they will stop us in future if we crash the server during their Thaddius testing or something, who knows.

Again, I don't know what your problem is with us trying to generate PvP on the ptr, but could you please keep out of this topic if it has no actual interest for you. If you want to post garbage on the PvP forum, there's designated topics like the best players one for it.

Ok, we did some testing and had couple of games, but without any real setups or teams since people kept coming and leaving all the time.

Now that testing is done and it showed that we can have really fun games, it's time to try and organize the real thing.

MONDAY 20:30

Come online on PTR at this time and prepare your both Alliance and Horde characters beforehand. If you play more then one class, equip those other classes too for more flexibility when it comes down to making proper setups. Let's gather in as big as possible amount and maybe even make more then 2 teams.

Note: If this fails and PTR games don't happen, we gonna try to get games going on Live server, so keep an eye on it if you wanna play only Live.

forever-alone-troll-smiley-emoticon.png
<- when u been on ptr today for 7h waiting for everyone, but monday when cant play, they play.
Owell hope for more later :<

edit: can come monday, change of plans.

Last edited:
Sup guys, i'm new on K (from Anathema), but i'm up for some BGs with u. My main is warrior (have 2 warriors: Ilovedark (Horde) and Dark (Alliance)).

Re:Kamchak

Attracting traffic and pvp-oriented players which this realm highly lacks is hardly a waste of any resources. Not to mention that there's no resources being wasted in the first place, considering that the PTR is being kept online either way, and 20 people playing a few warsongs or dueling doesn't stress it that much.

The GM's even hanged with us for a moment last night, I'm sure they'd have stopped us if it somehow harmed the server. Or maybe they will stop us in future if we crash the server during their Thaddius testing or something, who knows.
Could be true, but it was worth bringing this to attention.

Again, I don't know what your problem is with us trying to generate PvP on the ptr...
It's simple, people on PTR cannot PvP on Kronos. Right now it's AV weekend. You shouldn't have any problems organising a battle at WSG with the groups you want.

Explained in the first post:
[FONT=&amp]The PTR would act as an excellent platform for games due to several reasons:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-everyone able to create equally geared chars without retarded naxx gear or faction dependencies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-option to limit gear for more interesting games[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]-all possible trinkets/gadgets/consumes available for everyone.[/FONT]

Also makes it possible to play with those who want to stay offline on their main realm characters to save worldbuffs.

My exam got moved so it's a rip for me tonight... Not 100% sure yet, but probably

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154669894 1st Game (we had some issues with pvp-flag turning on and off randomly)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154670241 2nd Game
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154670775 3rd Game

Lot of fun - if anyone else is interested in joining this stuff, head to the PTR and create a character (on both factions)

How-to-get-set-up
-Create a char and make a copy of the character's wtf folder that you wish to you have your ui/addons setup by
.levelup 60
.mod money 100000000 (for skills/spells which you have to manually learn at a trainer)
-go to http://db.vanillagaming.org/ or https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/ search for the items you want to add to your char
.additem 12345 to add it, the numbers are the last digits in the URL. You can do .additem 12345 5 to add 5 of those items at once
-for enchants I dont know another way than to learn it and go to uldaman for 225 upwards add the mats to your inventory and enchant your items, or you could get a friend to do it.
-you will have to learn new weapons at weaponmasters and professions/riding skill at trainers as well. Professions will skill up instantly though when you learn them but you have to do it separately for apprentice/expert/artisan
-use command .tele to teleport anywhere in the world f.ex .tele orgrimmar or .tele ironforge
.goname "playername" to teleport to that player's location
.commands for more info

Rules for the PTR-premade-vs-premade
Preliminary list, subject to discussion and change.

-R10/zg/mc/ony/dungeon/pvp rep rewards allowed.
-World bosses/aq20/bwl and upwards Banned
-Sili quest rewards earthstrike/rockfury are banned
-cap of the scarlet savant etc craftables allowed
-windstone bosses are allowed

Aq enchants banned y imo, class books allowed cos impossible to track use. ZG enchants allowed.

Potions allowed: major health, major mana, swiftness. As far as fap/lap I feel that one of them should be allowed and lap is arguably alot stronger, but I feel that it would be better to ban fap and allow lap, because everyone spamming fap on cd would just be a clown fiesta, lap also creates some more finesse.
-no flasks,wizard oils, lips, other consumes
Edit:
-after some discussion the suggestion is: hp/mana/swiftness/lap/invis/noggenfogger allowed, all other pots banned.

Iron grenades,sapper charges and engi/other profession/offhands/trinkets/gadgets equippable items are good to go, arcane bomb/thorium grenade/flash bomb banned.

Bandages allowed, i feel anti-venom with 1min cd is too strong against viper and crippling, dunno how others feel about this.
Edit:
Antivenom banned

There's also a huge list of quest reward/world drop items that are banned moist towelette etc. I hope everyone can use some common sense on this.

Last edited:
PTR WSG Match 3 - 2017-06-26 (My pov)

[video=youtube;gdGY77rNZG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdGY77rNZG0[/video]

Monday around 21, maybe Friday if enough ppl wanna play but it's not as "official" as Monday is.

"-after some discussion the suggestion is: hp/mana/swiftness/lap/invis/noggenfogger allowed, all other pots banned."

I think that it would be fair to allow rage potions too, since mana potions are allowed.

Top Bottom