• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Pushing PvP

Zzuk

Good day sirs and ladies of kronos,
what I really like about PvP is competition: The moment you only play for pure fun in equal premade vs premade games and not being concerned by falling behind in the honor race.

To encourage more people to play PvP we have to find way to create competition. Something which will keep people playing PvP even after hitting their desired rank.

When I was thinking about what a player could do to give the community a good push in the right direction I had some ideas:
We all know realmplayers.com right (Diltazu youre awesome by the way)? How about a page which shoots in the same direction either self coded or provided by kronos which offers all kind of information being important for a PvP'er?

1. An area about statictics: BG stats for every game, BG independant stats for single players (and all those little things ...)
  2. Another area to announce upcoming events
  3. A bounty system (place a bounty for killing someone. I know this is a very widely known forum game but programming some website with a few neat functions was always an idea I liked)
  4. ??? (your ideas here!)

If we find enough people interested in realising a bigger project we could work something out. I would like to code the function of the website aswell the addon to collect data (if kronos administration isnt interested in pushing such a project).

Last edited:
In retail I mostly played on RP or RPPvP realms, these realms were always rampant with in-game events and I think that helps ALOT in pushing PvP.

Arranging large scale world PvP events, arena tournaments in Stranglethorn/Gadgetzan etc. can do wonders in getting a healthy rivalry set up between the factions, with the right amount of rivalry everyone's gonna want a chance to get a shot at their favourite most-hated foes, the opposing faction.

I think we should wait until Kronos launches and see if there is problem with PvP. Perhaps there is no problem.

I have never experienced how it is to play pvp with rank decay and with all bgs up, which could be very different from having no rank decay and only wsg running :)

Well setting up somekind of hall of fame before the server opens could be fun, whether it affects PvP or not.
back in actual vanilla, the 'hall of fame' was the server forums

there should be an active push to make the forums lively and interesting for smack talk and such

It was a thing from retail forums. Every server had that.
Epeen was always pretty big in wow you know.

Looking forward to exciting games too and of course also the following drama about them.

Good to see you Zzuk again. Excellent idea +1 from me and hope we get to premade soon!

Hey again Zzuk!

As one of the founders of Realmplayers, I always visioned to make something like Blizzard's own Honor System Rankings that they had on their website.
http://i.imgur.com/nBqK6.png

While I'm satisfied on how we have it now on Realmplayers, I would love if Kronos could have something almost an exact copy of the Honor System Rankings from WoW's old webpage, as Realmplayers are dependable on contributors gathering data from players ingame while Kronos can gather data automatically from their own server core and could update it with a server restart once a week, similar to what Blizzard did with their weekly maintenance.

Hey Seth,
nice to hear from you again.
My idea was inspired by this post on ownedcore: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...servers/wow-emu-programs/495005-pvpstats.html

I think having such a system in place is awesome and creates more competition which makes PvP exciting even after hitting the desired max. rank.
If Kronos can sacrifice a bit time into such a sub page it would be truely awesome. Such a page would also help spotting hackers who block high standings with exploiting.

On Warsong (Feenix) for example we had an honor exploit a good time ago which made it possible to claim standing 1 without being seen by any other player. The result on realmplayers is a standing list not containing the standing the exploiter blocked.
With a system fetching data directly from the database exploits regarding honor arent possible or atleast not worth since everyone will see what is going on after the page updated.

Furthermore I would suggest adding some kind of system making a recalculation of weeks specified by the admin possible (Pretty much a script which can adjust already calculated standings).
Looking at feenix there were multiple problems since they were never prepared for honor calculation failures:
A calculation got influenced by new years eve or server downtime and the staff tried to rearrange manually resulting in many people being angry.

Hey Seth,
nice to hear from you again.
My idea was inspired by this post on ownedcore: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...servers/wow-emu-programs/495005-pvpstats.html

I think having such a system in place is awesome and creates more competition which makes PvP exciting even after hitting the desired max. rank.
If Kronos can sacrifice a bit time into such a sub page it would be truely awesome. Such a page would also help spotting hackers who block high standings with exploiting.

On Warsong (Feenix) for example we had an honor exploit a good time ago which made it possible to claim standing 1 without being seen by any other player. The result on realmplayers is a standing list not containing the standing the exploiter blocked.
With a system fetching data directly from the database exploits regarding honor arent possible or atleast not worth since everyone will see what is going on after the page updated.

Furthermore I would suggest adding some kind of system making a recalculation of weeks specified by the admin possible (Pretty much a script which can adjust already calculated standings).
Looking at feenix there were multiple problems since they were never prepared for honor calculation failures:
A calculation got influenced by new years eve or server downtime and the staff tried to rearrange manually resulting in many people being angry.

this would be very nice indeed

Players = explosives. Factions = fuses. Ganking/dueling/fighting/defending = spark.

Let's just outlaw carebearing! Not participating in pvp rapefests should be a bannable offense! :lol:

Its the same shit every time.
Players create strong premade with the goal to steamroll the other faction.

After a while they wonder why players stop fighting back or even dodge and

a) feel super cool for beeing such "good" players
b) cry alot that they don't get challenging games anymore
c) won't realize its their own fault
d) create pointless forum topics about the state of PvP
e) get frustrated and blame anyone else for the situation, but themselves

Nothing new on the western front.

Let's just outlaw carebearing! Not participating in pvp rapefests should be a bannable offense! :lol:

i would seriously support something that punishes people that complain about open world pvp, saw t hat shit so many times on feenixforums

Its the same shit every time.
Players create strong premade with the goal to steamroll the other faction.

After a while they wonder why players stop fighting back or even dodge and

a) feel super cool for beeing such "good" players
b) cry alot that they don't get challenging games anymore
c) won't realize its their own fault
d) create pointless forum topics about the state of PvP
e) get frustrated and blame anyone else for the situation, but themselves

Nothing new on the western front.

thats basically what i plan to do , steamroll enemy faction and troll them world chat / forum

Top Bottom