• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Put limited supply recipes on a random timer

frederik

Authorized
Hey,

I don't know whether this is already the case or not. But if it's not I think it would be a nice addition because it gives more people the chance for limited supply recipes. I have the feeling that most of the important ones are being camped 24/7 by people running multiple clients and an egg timer to sell them for 50 times the price.

:crying:

Edit: A solution could be to randomly add +/- 1% to 10% of the time the static timer has.

Last edited:
Whenever I need Truesilver Transformers I have to wait for someone else to make them for me. Only 1 or 2 of our guild's many engineers can make them. Same but less extreme for Delicate Arcanite Converter, I can craft it but this recipe also seems to be ridiculously rare.

At one point (some months ago) I waited at the Booty Bay NPC for many hours and killed lots of low lvl night elves that would just log on stealthed on top of the book shelves and keep respawning no matter how often they are killed. Possible botter, don't know. This is not even about lots of people needing that recipe, this is about 1 or 2 people camping the recipe and buying it the second it respawns. I tried to buy it that moment but it didn't work, he had already resurrected and bought it. These recipes are not expensive on the auction house because many people need them but because one guy is artificially controlling the supply.

Adding a slight random component to the timer would make it much harder for that person to do this and would make clearing the low level chars parked there more effective because he couldn't just revive->buy.

The black lotus changes have already shown that the devs do not want a limited number of players to camp timers and thus exclude other players from getting something. In this case the problem is even more severe because the number of people controlling the rare recipes is much smaller (possibly even just 1, possibly even bot). Furthermore, this change would be a much smaller deviation from the original game than the lotus changes.

Which recipe is so important and game changing that you want it's timer to be randomised?

Top Bottom