• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman PVE Enchancment

They are good in 5-10man and PvP the 20-40 just pointless. Unless you have Nightfall and guild allow you raid because of that.

anything goes between 5mans-farm raids.. But for Progress raids i really highly doubt any sane raid leader/guild master would take ench shaman. Resto is the only way there :)

As I always been a horde player through vanilla times and project's I honestly can't imagine a raid without at least 1 ench shaman.

The Nightfall being of course the largest perk for dps casters, I'm quite used to see at least 1 group of dps warriors stacked up with a ench shaman.

I might say I'm not the kind of numbers guy so you won't see any large calculation here but with the right setup a ench shaman can be a huge benefit to the dps group (prefered 4 arms warrior 1 ench, 1 ench 2 hunter 2 rouges, 1 ench 4 fury)

As well it's about how you play your shaman. I for example played through mc and zg as pure ench support, meaning I even put down the windfury totem so my arms warriors could get the buff and then quickly throw the agi one down, repeating that through the whole bossfight.

Self explanatory you ain't gona get near any top dps classes.

Playing a ench shaman is all about support in my eyes and you got to get into it with heart's dedication to really be looked at as a important part of the raid.

What you described can easily be done by a Resto Shaman and any offtank that isn't currently tanking, without sacrificing a raid slot for a support spec. Some guilds don't care and will take support specs along, some do and won't sacrifice their slot for no gain. As for totem twisting, assuming that the shaman even has enough mana to totem twist for an entire boss encounter, it's unlikely that it would make up for the lack of another pure dps.

In the end, it's up to the guild, but don't count on finding a raid spot easily. And if you do, prepare to work for it (aka lots of gold for consumes and gear to support).

Well, maybe it's because I played in a time where there even been things like "support-warrior" common during bwl if the guild didn't have a TF jet.

This thing goes more and more towards the awful boomkin discussion - those having a very very special place in my heart as well.

Still we have the same opinion in finding and keeping a raid spot - you gotta love the class, specc you're playing and need to get every single buff obtainable to be a "important part of the raid".

Beeing an enhancement shaman in a raidguild I can speak from a frist person point of view:

You will never do real dps.period. No matter how prepared you are, with every buff available, you still struggle to make it to the top 15. Ofc you offer great support, and with a Nightfall in your hands you are hands down the best supporter class igame, but you won't be able to compete with any mage/wl/rogue/offwar that knows what he's doing. If you are fine with that and your guild offers you a raidslot, go ahead. In some singletarget fights, when you are really lucky with wf procs, you might even do ok dps, but its never gonna be great. In 5mans, geared properly, you can actualy compete with other dps classes.

Enh is really mana dependant aswell, so entering a fight with full mana helps the dps a lot.

Beeing an enhancement shaman in a raidguild I can speak from a frist person point of view:

You will never do real dps.period. No matter how prepared you are, with every buff available, you still struggle to make it to the top 15. Ofc you offer great support, and with a Nightfall in your hands you are hands down the best supporter class igame, but you won't be able to compete with any mage/wl/rogue/offwar that knows what he's doing. If you are fine with that and your guild offers you a raidslot, go ahead. In some singletarget fights, when you are really lucky with wf procs, you might even do ok dps, but its never gonna be great. In 5mans, geared properly, you can actualy compete with other dps classes.

Enh is really mana dependant aswell, so entering a fight with full mana helps the dps a lot.
You actually need mp5, even as a enhancrment shammy. Other then that get yourself mp5 foodbuff and mana pots/runes to keep your mana up at bosses.

Im not a shammy but a Hunter and hunters and other classes also need these consumes

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PLK-L01 met Tapatalk

Top Bottom