• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Idea PVE Server for those who don't like griefers

hoffmanm106

PVE server. I know it takes a lot to run two servers but you really need a PVE server. I gave up PVP first year normal WOW was out because got sick of high level griefing and camping. May even be worse on this server, every day skull horde(though I'm sure alliance does it to) running around just killing everyone, worse they keep killing the same people. They don't get any honor and even parties of 5 rarely can do 1/4 damage to them. Killing vets like myself is one thing but either make PVE servers or find a way to stop this or you can all sit around in 6 months and wonder why fresh players don't stick around. Semi-fair PVP is one thing but this isn't PVP its just ganking, camping and griefing.

This has been asked a million times. There will be no Kronos pve server. The simple reason ist that the majority of players want a pvp server. Splitting the playerbase is not a good idea. I am sorry but you have to deal with it. Also i am wondering how often you get camped by high lvls. I am lvl 45 now, and i only got killed like 3 in total by lvl 60s and never got camped by one. In case i get killed by any alliance more than once, i just get a drink/eat or watch a 10 minute youtube video (i recommend vsauce) whrn i return and rezz, in 99,9% of cases they are gone and i can continue questing in peace.

Last edited:
1x pve server + high rate pvp server = €$£ for twinstar. WAKE UP

This has been asked a million times. While I'm sure that's exaggeration, I think it makes the point you say doesn't exist. Obviously a lot of people want PVE. As far as how often, its ridiculous, if they pull my data of 2 toons on K3, probably a 100 deaths or more, I would guess 80% are from skulls/?? . Like I said I can live with people getting honor for killing me, but they should take honor from skulls, who I might add tend to spend 30 min facerolling an area, who are replaced by the next one. Or don't you realize that affects your population the same as splitting the server, hence bliz having as many non-pvp servers as pvp servers.
Sorry you mis-understood high level as only 60 not as a relative thing.

This has been asked a million times. There will be no Kronos pve server. The simple reason ist that the majority of players want a pvp server. Splitting the playerbase is not a good idea. I am sorry but you have to deal with it.
^^this (bolded what I think is the most important reason why it can't happen).

Tip: play K1, it's de-facto PvE. Also tip for admins: make K1 PvE, would hardly change anything but a selected few would consider rolling there.

I mentioned in another thread that K3 is the worst griefing server I have ever played on.

I am a fan of open world PvP. I welcome it.
However when 5 skulls on epic mounts camp Duskwood for an hour repeatedly killing lowbies for no honor and quest NPCs rather than PvPing in BGs, I have to wonder if the .join bg command is partly to blame. That garbage needs to go away. If players want to pull the "not bliz style", things like .join bg need to be jettisoned into the sun.
Then there are those who strongly suspect the faction ratio is not as close as the site displays.

Anyhoo, there is a point where bliz-like PvP crosses over into blatant griefing.

It cant by any meams be worse then the late nost. Stv was basically unplayable. Also it happened on retail as well sometimes. Level in another zone. Get to 60 and get revenge.

Oh yes, revenge over these is sweet. Install vanasKoS addon, add them, and time after time you'll meet them in open world just on their own. You'll be surprised how pathetically unskilled these guys are should they part from their fagsquad and challenged 1v1. Kill 'em, camp 'em, /lol /spit 'em. Let them too enjoy all sides of open pvp.

About PvE realm: meh, these suck. Nuff said.
About .join thing: getting rid of this must have been done, no idea what evil genious mind could put it in game in the first place.

This suggestion/question is asked almost monthly and 9/10 times the case is simply that the individual does not know what the difference is and considers PvE to be completely safe aside from battlegrounds.... /sigh

Fact is PvE servers only have a couple zones extra that are owned by a faction rather than being contested however the zones where you are being camped or killed is usually Hillsbrad or Stranglethorn which on a PvE server still are contested...

You would eventually just increase the camp & kills in stv as those who play will seek it out where it is viable rather than being spread out more like normally it would be more of a concentrated mass of mayhem...

So not only would a pve server not help you... it would cause ur fears to increase and also limits playerbase due to less wanting to be on a pve server which then affects pve... it is not without reason that no sane private server would ever launch a pve server... it simply is similar to shooting ur own foot...

if you truly do not want to be killed in pvp ever you only have 1 option and that is playing on a server where there is nobody else however npc's will still kill you.

This suggestion/question is asked almost monthly and 9/10 times the case is simply that the individual does not know what the difference is and considers PvE to be completely safe aside from battlegrounds.... /sigh

Fact is PvE servers only have a couple zones extra that are owned by a faction rather than being contested however the zones where you are being camped or killed is usually Hillsbrad or Stranglethorn which on a PvE server still are contested...

You would eventually just increase the camp & kills in stv as those who play will seek it out where it is viable rather than being spread out more like normally it would be more of a concentrated mass of mayhem...

So not only would a pve server not help you... it would cause ur fears to increase and also limits playerbase due to less wanting to be on a pve server which then affects pve... it is not without reason that no sane private server would ever launch a pve server... it simply is similar to shooting ur own foot...

if you truly do not want to be killed in pvp ever you only have 1 option and that is playing on a server where there is nobody else however npc's will still kill you.

Isnt it the case on pve servers that have to actively flag yourself with /pvp for pvp to be attacable in contested zones? Or attack soneone that is allready flagged ofcourse

I had another idea for low lvls. Get into a guild that helps you out with high lvls ganking you.
Also level more in dungeons if you are ao scared of the outside world XD

Don't get me wrong I like PvP. But on the K3 server currently the balance between Horde and Alliance is not reasonable. Either the dev team has to balance the two factions more or they have to buff up the guards/flight masters. Some zones like STV > Booty Bay or Searing Gorge > Thorium Point, are costantly ganked and camped by 5 man lvl 60 Horde Groups. Alliance players can't even get their quests or get a flight path to continue their leveling experience.
It is good to World PVP, but in this ratio and the current upkeep with ganking, more and more players will leave K3 for this reason alone.
If you look at the worldchat from the Alliance side you'll see that the above noted statement has been the talk of the day for the last two weeks. Twinstar please wake up and do something about this before it will be to late.
One of the upsides on K3 is that you can join a bg by just typing .join etc. The downside is that you have a 80%-20% sized ratio on H&A. Hordes are queuing up and running green level zones in groups, killing every player they see while they wait for the queue to pop up. This way the level 50-60 questing zones are not playable and less Alliance will appear on the high lvl game > thus creating this problem further and further.

It cant by any meams be worse then the late nost. Stv was basically unplayable. Also it happened on retail as well sometimes. Level in another zone. Get to 60 and get revenge.
STV is legendary for being heavy PVP. It is the same on all servers.
Groups of 5 max level players camping Darkshire is another matter.

Attacking and holding capitals is awesome. Attacking and camping leveling towns is not.

None of this is correct.

I for one thoroughly enjoy the danger, heightened awareness, and adrenaline from playing on a PVP Server. But this is not PVP, this is griefing. Its every zone. Horde 60s camp the flight paths and you cannot level. I have spent over 14 hours this week corpse running to be immediately killed over and over. The 60s just ride their epic mounts and as soon as you land your dead. Burning steps them came right in, no guards, and kill you.

STV is legendary for being heavy PVP. It is the same on all servers. (Yes)
Groups of 5 max level players camping Darkshire is another matter. (the same in every zone, its lame)

Attacking and holding capitals is awesome. (Agree)
Attacking and camping leveling towns is not. (also agree. its lame)

Your suggestions do not work:
Also level more in dungeons if you are ao scared of the outside world XD - Does not work. You have to get to the dungeon. This is not .join for a dungeon. As soon as you land your dead.

Quest in another zone. Happened in Ungoro, Tanaris, Felwood, Burning Stemps, Western Plagulands. What other zones? You move and there are a new set of 60s just waiting to kill you.

Suggestions that would allow people to quest and join BGs for PVP:

Remove .Join is a legitimate answer. However, i would keep for levels up to 59 and or if you join it uses your hearth and at then end ports you to the closest Battemaster (if thats too hard create a default on each side SW and Ogrimar).

Convert the server to PVE. Make it where you have to flag yourself

Again, zones like STV are special. They take both factions and smash them together due to quests for both. Zones like Duskwood? Not so much.

Me personally, I tend to world PvP when I come across individuals while leveling or farming. Capitals are fair game however, and I will go out of my way to join in on THAT fun (attacking or defending). Seeking out people simply leveling in a zone that I have no reason to be in beyond griefing? The very thought of such lameness is embarrassing to me. Zero challenge, zero risk, zero satisfaction. Perhaps it is because I am not a mentally unstable individual looking to simply cause mental harm to the players behind the toons.

Convert the server to PVE. Make it where you have to flag yourself
PvE servers cater to a niche market in the pserver community. Look at 3 of the projects I’m familiar with: Kronos, LH, and Ely. Kronos and Ely don’t offer a PvE realm and have populations that are far higher than double what retail Vanilla was. LH offers a PvE realm that has recently reached a max of 1300 players, while their PvP server has averaged 7k and got up to almost 10k.

It doesn’t make sense to ask a project for sweeping changes that would turn off 97% of the player base. The vast majority would migrate elsewhere because this is what they prefer for some reason.

I’ve said it before—I think over-population is the real problem. I prefer a PvP server but would rather play on a PvE server with a reasonable population—or even a low population—than a severely bloated realm.

Instead of asking for things that aren’t going to happen, take matters into your own hands, start playing on the new PvE realm, and enjoy the game. I’m sure they could use more players there.

I’ve said it before—I think over-population is the real problem. I prefer a PvP server but would rather play on a PvE server with a reasonable population—or even a low population—than a severely bloated realm.

In the context of the thread are you suggesting that higher population causes more griefers?

You obviously did not read the whole thread, so i ask politely, you read it again. I prefer a PVP server. But as has been pointed out, level 60 daisy chain corpse camping your body to get a hk in Ungoro, Tanaris, Felwood, Burning Stemps, Western Plaguelands, etc is not PVP. Its waiting two minutes two minutes to rez to maybe kill another mob to get killed again. Spending over an hour between numerous deaths trying to go to othjer zones for wash, rinse repeat, is not fun. Its a game, I play or fun, if I am not having fun I leave. Yes thats purely my opinion. But others are having the same problem except in even worse zones like Duskwood, Redridge Mountains, etc where your NOT EVEN worth the HK. We made other suggestions as well including remove .JOIN. You have to put changes in incrementally to see if they do fix the problem.

Your statistics are pulled from what market research?

It doesn’t make sense to ask a project for sweeping changes that would turn off 97% of the player base. The vast majority would migrate elsewhere because this is what they prefer for some reason.

How much of the player based have you surveyed that are turned on by not being able to actually play the game?

Max level horde group just killed redridge flight master and are wiping out the town now.
Yeah, this is not how things should be.

Spiders in elf starting zone are flagging people as PvP. Horde is taking advantage of it and ganking lowbies.
Apparently even taming them for the hunter quest flags you so you can be griefed.

Kronos, you are about to hemorrhage players

Last edited:
Top Bottom