• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

PvP Changes Feedback

Cr0wL0ck

This is my personal perspective.

1. I think it was brilliant gating honor gear and then releasing it slightly sooner than intended however now honor gear is going to surpass BWL before BWL is even within sight... At least release it with BWL or AV so it can be slowly hyped up however now around 20-30% will know of it and there is only 1 weeks delay. Please use the power of hyping and delay the honor gear upgrade by a few weeks or a month. Like release in between DM & Elemental Invasion, that at least ensures a 2 week delay and after that there is only another 2 weeks for new content again.

2. I am quite fond of the change to honor as it encourages players to actually get to 60 rather than stay 59 for the sake of honor.

3. Do Not Upgrade existing Honor Gear but only the stuff you can buy.... If you do this you are literally screwing over those who earned it... The new stuff can be purchased for an incredibly low price either way but replacing gear players already own with new gear is something that was not even done on K1 in regards to the wands.

Just don't change what people already have within their bags but change what vendor sells :)

4. Suggestion:
Permit Horde vs Horde & Alliance vs Alliance if Que is longer than 5-15 min. just as an example.

The side that plays on the alliance side are converted to their opposite Orb of Deception which lasts for the entire fight and passes through death & cannot be dispelled.

This buff similar to Amulet of Draconic Subversion is instantly removed once the player leaves the battleground zone.

Language is something that can be overlooked afterall we can play both factions so anyone can whisper and otherwise you can just ignore them, but a simple fix would be /say & /yell being muted within such fights.

This would permanently prevent long que's for either faction no-matter how the tide turns and it will not affect the opposing factions ranking as rankings are faction based. So even if it became 95% alliance and 5% horde or 70% horde and 30% alliance the que time would be kept down.

of course i realize this is no simple matter and a lot has to be ensured so people dont after exiting remain hostile to own faction or upon entering dont get the buff or that those playing for the opposing faction do not get their tokens but their own + kills granting honor.

Note: either way these are my thoughts in regards to the changes and i am fully aware that some people have been drooling over the high end pvp gear similar to pve players drooling over AQ gear...

Last edited:
Kronos staff never learn.
Seriously, you can t even remember what happened on kronos1 2 years ago?

Sand mafia hello? People will always abuse what give more honor/hour to minimize their ingame playtime.

When you killed the honor per sand, it was pointless to go to silithus.

So now tell me how this will prevent horde to keep camping fp?

Worst, you give them r10 op set and godlike tier pvp set to farm undergeared low level alliance players.

Sand mafia hello? People will always abuse what give more honor/hour to minimize their ingame playtime.

Worst, you give them r10 op set and godlike tier pvp set to farm undergeared low level alliance players.
Do you have any better solution? Any suggestions? Aside from removing .join command which will not miraculously remove all horde form the world?

Actually i do, part of my job consist to find a solution to a problemand forsee any future problem that the fix could bring, this matter looks really easy to solve. I ll do it for free now.

Problem:
We are in a loop, a spiral of death, fewer and fewer alliance reach 60 because of heavy ganking for honor,horde gank for honor because queue is too long but in the process horde make their queue longer.

Why horde 60 gank?
It s efficient, ganking get you ahead of the lvl 60 competition
You have to do it, because you cant keep up with the 59 rankers who gets instant queue.

Solution:
Make something more efficient, and reduce the unfair concurrence of 59

The halven honor for lvl below 60 is a good start but it s an half mesure.

You need to make green lvl players ganking useless so improve the penalty to honor gain killing a green player and only reward 60 lvl honor kill in world pvp, add honorless buff at landing to allow retaliation.

Then you can add unblizzlike mesure like making use of the epl zone, or make sand mafiaback in silithus.

And if this become more efficient than bg for horde so be it, it can be temporary and help the queue time.

This a 2 mins reflexion, and it s better than what they did.

They just shitted on the pve community by releasing 1.12 pvp set so shortly thinking this would make alliance pvp more, but it will have the same effect horde side moron

Last edited:
Fp griefing in lowbie zones officially approved by kronos administration.
Horde did nothing wrong. Way to go guys (hordes), keep killing k3. In fact, there, have better pvp gear so you can kill server faster.

Next suggested steps: allow safespoting, give horde bonus honour points for killing outside of bgs, give horde mark every 15 minutes spent in bg queue, and most insane: add the ingame command allowing to enter bg queues from anywhere worldwide... Oh wait it is already there.

Not quite many alliance players will be happy to see these scumbags on alliance side. Transfer from kos list to ignore list it should be.

Actually i do, part of my job consist to find a solution to a problemand forsee any future problem that the fix could bring, this matter looks really easy to solve. I ll do it for free now.

Problem:
We are in a loop, a spiral of death, fewer and fewer alliance reach 60 because of heavy ganking for honor,horde gank for honor because queue is too long but in the process horde make their queue longer.

Why horde 60 gank?
It s efficient, ganking get you ahead of the lvl 60 competition
You have to do it, because you cant keep up with the 59 rankers who gets instant queue.

Solution:
Make something more efficient, and reduce the unfair concurrence of 59

The halven honor for lvl below 60 is a good start but it s an half mesure.

You need to make green lvl players ganking useless and only reward 60 lvl honor kill in world pvp, add honorless buff at landing to allow retaliation.

Then you can add unblizzlike mesure like making use of the epl zone, or make sand mafiaback in silithus.

And if this become more efficient than bg for horde so be it, it can be temporary and help the queue time.

This a 2 mins reflexion, and it s better than what they did.

They just shitted on the pve community by releasing 1.12 pvp set so shortly thinking this would make alliance pvp more, but it will have the sale effect horde side moron
So that is why you got no work...

What you called a problem is something blizzard approved of for almost 2 decades and still does...
Foresee the future ? you do realize this is an ancient game where people already know what future it had and where it is now... this game is the past.

Blizzard added battlegrounds due to the amount of world pvp, guards exist to hinder not completely prevent pvp, removing honor will not hinder them from killing in world pvp and cutting off world pvp will make it a pve server which has been proven time upon time to kill servers population.

What you called a problem is something blizzard approved of for almost 2 decades and still does...
Foresee the future ? you do realize this is an ancient game where people already know what future it had and where it is now... this game is the past.

Blizzard added battlegrounds due to the amount of world pvp, guards exist to hinder not completely prevent pvp, removing honor will not hinder them from killing in world pvp and cutting off world pvp will make it a pve server which has been proven time upon time to kill servers population.

Ok now Kronos is running a perfect emulated Blizzard server. Duly noted.

Do i need to analyze everything and put every detail of what led to this?

In order:
From K1:
5g respec
No-multi-queue is allowed, you can't jump between BG to avoid gaymade, killing pug scene.
BG ending under 10 mins reward 1 marks to the loser.

The K3 special:
AOE spamm fest leveling
.join command (actually it's end of K1)
Vanguard joining Horde, it's always Vanguard fault somewhere anyway.

I have to laugh each and every time people use the "blizzlike" argument when addressing concerns with K3. For 14 years the game has been in various speeds of decline of quality. To hold up their decisions to do or not do something as without fault is pretty damned funny.

Blizzard's endgame is money making, full stop. If people keep paying and playing, they could give a shit less if their game design is good. The same thing with reality TV: Is it good, or does it just cater to the ones entertained by it?

You may as well be calling Honey Booboo quality entertainment.

Last edited:
from removing .join command which will not miraculously remove
it will remove well geared horde, but again....ally now just make rebel to GM's so, only one thing could save server, if Administration stop follow one Horde side and supporting for bug using.

GL in that, nuff-said few weeks ago: "scum horde stop killing server, with your low lvl ganking you not helping with BG sittuation"
Now...well, i hope you are happy, but now most ally enjoy staying in IF or SW and reading horde-twink whining calling em to join BG :D

Last edited:
@Brochette
Idk man, if Feenix was able to do it 6 years ago, I would imagine Kronos with even more resources can do the same thing today. It's completely the other thing though if they don't want to, or can't be bothered to - which seems to be the case in my opinion. And even if they couldn't remove unique items (which they can at least manually, it's not like there would be thousand(s) requests), I assume most players would rather play on a server where someone here and there has a unique-other-faction-item and BGs popping, then on a server where everything is right in that sense, but there is no battlegrounds.

If they wanted to give a server fair shot, they would do it, but I'd say they gave up and made their peace with horrendous decisions, disappointment and ultimately server flop. Gonna just leave it be and keep on going on autopilot for those rare players who stick around and hope it dies out as soon as possible.

I mean I see no other explanation why we haven't heard from any high-ranking staff member in like a month or two while the server was on fire, aside from this PvP announcement from yesterday that wont change anything and also gives updated R13 (14 too?) in MC patch - sick call

What is wrong with MC? Please elaborate.

Ah, i could go for one hour but i'll only tell my favourite:

Make a 20 men Ragnaros, when Ragnaros goes into phase 2, pull all Sons with 2-3 hunters make them FD, no more sons, enjoy.

Last edited:
why would you make a timeline, so everyone can adjust. then change everything out of nowhere???

this does not make sense whatsoever. why would you ruin the fun for PVE players?

The forums read like the Horde is like a swarm of bees camping the low level areas. In this case it does not matter if low level players get ganked by 60s in blue dungeon gear or blue+ pvp gear.

People want hard raids.
If they want hard raids then why not equip less gear ?
If they want hard raids then simply do it with less players ?
If they want hard raids why not wait until the hard raids are released ?

People usually preffer blizzlike over custom stats and there are guilds that hahve trouble with the raids out atm the only ones not in trouble are the ones who use all consumables are completely BiS geared and have done it a 100 times beforehand... if you do something a 100 times it automatically becomes easier and not all players are old veterans there are players who are new to 1.12.1 or players who lack time so customizing difficulty will trample on them.

You could suggest something like adding a command/feature so that a top raid guild can change the difficulty from normal to heroic and that is simply an increase of dmg by 20-50% and health by 100% and the score will then be recorded on twinhead seperately from others so people will compete in performance there. Loot remains same but just the honor of doing is diff and those that have it hard with MC can do it normally.

People want hard raids.
If they want hard raids then why not equip less gear ?
If they want hard raids then simply do it with less players ?
If they want hard raids why not wait until the hard raids are released ?
Do not go there, please. What people ***say*** is schizophrenically dissimilar to what people actually ***do***, and there's a plethora of potential example to showcase that very chasm, in both pve/pvp scenes.
1. Do you see many people clearing out (e.g.) SM Cath at level 35? Do you see many people clearing out the endgame dungeons in 4 while wearing the so-called "pre-raid BiS"? Just venturing out there, in the wild, do you see many people fighting mobs which have 5+ levels over them? But nooo, "herp derp kronis donjons are hilariously faesroll".
2. Do you see many 20man ragtag pugs clearing out raids without consumables and world buffs? But nooo, "herp derp kronis raids are hilariously nurfd".
3. Do you see many high-rank people actually dueling each other (or playing against each other, premade versus premade), rather than steamrolling random nabs over which they have a massive level/gear advantage? But nooo, "witness meh I R sk1llz0rz and the fekin kronis is just a pve server".

Through a very casual observation of what people actually ***do***, one can effortlessly assert that overwhelming propensity people have for easy/fast/efficient activities, no matter their area(s) of activity. And that is why the Kronos administration team has "dun goofed", they try and they have always tried on a historical basis to cater to their community. This is why K3 is riddled with the mess of obviously contradictory decisions and stances, because the administration is simply too civil and lenient toward the oh-so-loyal server-hoppers which populate their realms. It's just utterly counterproductive to listen to what people ***say***, and K3 is a glaring display of it. Frankly speaking, the server administration would be better off ignoring the feedback altogether.

There is a word for it called "sarcasm"

Those who usually complain about things being difficult would complain if their daily raids suddenly took an additional 10 minutes and increasing stats would not do much for the difficulty but just the time so people would soon begin complaining about blizzlike stats then. Those who usually complain are people that stick to a server for 2-6 months usually and then they just disapear without word or trace and soon after you see or hear them complaining elsewhere about another game or even the reverse of what they complained about half a year on a previous server.

The only mistake K3 made so far at least if you ask me would be the catering to pvp by bending over and releasing it the 27th which is 2 months after release instead of the 10 month announcemnet. If anything they should have compromised and said 5 months for example instead of completely giving in to that.

Top Bottom