• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin PVP combat healer

frederik

Authorized
Hey,

when I reach 60 I want to focus on healing in PVP. I want to reach a good balance between survivability and healing. Damage is obviously not important. I never did much PVP so I have a few questions regarding attributes and talents.

How long can I expect a PVP fight to last? In PVE some encounters really can take some time, so mana regeneration is important there. Is this also true for PVP? I know that it depends mostly on how well you and your group is playing. But I can imagine that you won't survive long when a few enemies are focusing their attacks on you after you already had to shield yourself.
So I am sure that Stamina, Intellect and Healing are important, but is Spirit and Mana Regeneration also, to be able to heal longer? Or should I prefer maxing out Intellect instead because it raises my chance to critically hit with spells, resulting in free heals with 5 points in Illumination?

And what do you think about this specialization? http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuMgoZVMpcZV0x0b

Many thanks :)

PS: Off-topic but how is honor gain in battle grounds as a healer? Does it take longer when you are not killing anybody or is honor evenly distributed among the members of your group?

Last edited:
maybe OT but: can shaman purge my BoM, BoW etc. ? If so, maybe will be better remove talents from improved BoW and put 2 talents to prot tree - improved hammer of justice..

but im not pvper so =) where is Psojed?

I think 2 beneficial effects will be removed randomly, this also includes blessings. As far as I remember it is often used for specific blessings like Blessing of Freedom or Blessing of Protection, but not often for other blessings. Especially the ones without a cooldown as I can just recast them if needed. And casting a blessing is cheaper than purging it.

You are very wrong as the local hordies are purging seals too. The 2 points are better spent in ILoH. 20 minutes off that imba cooldown, mon!

I don't see any reason for Pursuit of Justice, because you won't be attacking in melee with your build, which is why you take that talent in the first place. There are enchants and carrot for riding speed.

More than improved stun (which gets resisted by the orcs all the time) you will want that 15% resistance to Counterspell and Silence with Concentration Aura, because 1) you cast spells a lot and 2) horde has tons of mages and 3) that 15% Interrupt and Silence resistance also extends to your party members. Additionally that 50% pushback resist takes 1 point off your Spiritual Focus.

I usually combine that with Reckoning. Heal heal heal, then turn around on that pesky rogue, stun and smash his face. That leads me to smth like this http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sqLurxoZVGt0chx

Cool that helps me a lot. If you have stacked up reckoning 4 times do you get a total of 5 attacks together with your normal swing? Do seals go off multiple times too?

Yes and Yes except Seal of Command which is limited to one proc at a time.

Reckoning charges also fade away when you get CCd (except stuns) and when you mount up. They have been nerfed to hell...which is why I used that Rogue example. Having a hunter's pet, fury warrior or rogue on your back is the best way to get a Reckbomb off.

Top Bottom