• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

PVP servers

fearsum

This server is the best server ive ever played on. But your biggest problem is that you made it another PVP server. You want your population to get bigger you should have made it a PVE server. Why would ppl want to move to another PVP server when they are on one already. The big problem with PVP servers is that you get the little penis men out there that think the only way to have fun is to sit there and gank ppl that are trying to level. You have taken the fun out of making a toon here for me. I will probably be going back to my other server being that my toons are already 60. Even with the flaws and glitches they have its still better then trying to start over on yet another PVP server. Troll all you want to other posters about this or that but i dont give a crap about what anyone else thinks. If Twinstar wants this server to flourish they need to make this server a PVE server. Read other forums from other sites and hundreds even thousands say they would switch to a PVE server in a heartbeat but alas no private server wants to go that route and this is why servers have low populations.

TBH there is like 0 ganks on this server while leveling, i got ganked maybe 20 times 1-60 if you dont count the times i was engaging for action :>

I got ganked at an average of 3 times per level...and did more myself.

If this was a PvE server I would not be here...personally...that doesn't mean that the server would not strive further as a PvE server though.

I have played on PvE, PvP and RP servers on retail...by far the most fun I ever had is on a PvP server.

The ganks here are low. I get ganked by an Alliance guild that I won't name here, but I know why they do it. I pulled an asshat move and killed one of their lowbies. (he was in my way :p)

Back on topic. Compared to other servers, this place can be called World of Peacecraft. A majority of the time I am questing in a contested zone I can go about my adventures and not worry about being camped. There seems to be an understanding with most players here that 'if you don't screw with me, I wont screw with you'. Yes this is a PvP server, and yes there will always be a few people that want to destroy you for fun. There are solutions to this.

1. Call for help in /world or the zone chan

2. Get a guildmate to help. (If your guild won't assist you in being repeatedly ganked and camped then you need a new guild)

3. Go have a snack or a smoke if you are a smoker. Thats what I do, and I have discovered that people who behave in such a way have a short attention span. After 5 or so minutes of not being able to gank you they move on.

4. DO NOT start it. Players WILL remember you, and if you kill one of their friends you can be put on a Kill On SIght list. Take it from me. I am 99% sure I am on a KOS list and it is of my own fault, but I grab sack and carry on. I shit you not, there are ADDONS for KOS lists. Piss of someone and you will not be forgotten.

5. THIS ONE IS IS IMPORTANT. If you encounter another player who is flagged do not make yourself a threat. Let them do their thing and consider a polite emote /hug is a good one. Most players don't want to waste time fighting some random guy leveling because they themselves just wanna hit 60.

6. Last one! Have fun with it. Wanna start all out war in a zone? You can do that here. Wanna have a rivalry with a player or a guild to spice things up? Damn right you can do that! Some silly player killing mobs you want to kill? Slaughter him.

Would I swap to a Pve Server? Yes. But I have learned to enjoy the fact that the world isnt fair or safe, and TBH I am glad that this is a PvP server. It has changed my MMO experience, and if nothing else, it breaks up the grind

I acknowledge that 5 and 6 contradict each other, but to clear that up let me say this. 5 is a method to avoid world PvP and 6 is a way to introduce some chaos.

Last edited:
I think a good way for solve this is have server rotate between pvp and pve every week , what you think about it guys?

I enjoy PvP. It's called World of 'War'craft for a reason. I think if I was in Winterspring and I spotted a rich thorium node and a Gnome was running up to mine it before I could, and I had NO way of preventing it, I'd rip my hair out. Resource gathering alone puts me in direct competition with other players, and being able to challenge and defeat at least some of the server population keeps my sanity on the issue.

The heart of the problem with open world PvP is corpse camping or chain ganking which is garbage. I don't do it to others, and if I suspect that a person will try to kill me multiple times after the first, I'll either take a break or log on my banker / AH mule character and do some sorting for 10 or 12 minutes. Problem solved over 90% of the time when I return to the first character.

I think I'd be okay with the server being PvE if numerous key zones were still flagged for PvP for endgame competition which the game was intended for. That's extra work and not a classic solution, so I'm happy with it being a classic PvP server 'as is'.

Beeing chain camped by 1 or multiple players is a rare occurence. Deal with it and carry on.

About your suggestion Indaco, its not practical. Think about world bosses. Every second week you could take them on without any chance of failure.

I'm pretty sure that Kronos would go up at least 2k players from Nos if it went PvE. And I'm being pessimistic here. Of course there are some reasons behind my assumption, not just pulled it out of my ass.

Firstly, they bitch a lot about ganking and opening of a separate PvE server on their forums.

Secondly, PvE and PvP preferences are pretty equal on retail, as character numbers. But many people from the PvP servers just ended up there because they wanted to play with friends or to join some progression guilds, they fucking hate world PvP with a passion. I've played on many PvP servers on retail, and at one point I was on Tarren Mill EU, the ratio was about 10:1. I was seeing red everywhere, but I was almost never attacked...

On Kronos I'd say the vast majority of times I was attacked was before level 40, probably because of the mount discount. Lately I have the same feeling as on retail, people don't really give a fuck. Of course there's the occasional psycho, mandatory higher level and better geared, probably from US, because they are used to fight those sandal wearing Arabs using multimillion-dollar rockets :w00t:

But yeah, for some reason the idea of a PvE vanilla server sounds outrageous, even though there's not much world PvP around (apart from the occasional better geared higher level PvP master ambushing the poor boar killer in an epic two-shot fight) and also considering the fact that you can flag yourself PvP on a PvE server and fight those that actually give a fuck about it :rolleyes2:

I hate PVP Servers. Not the concept, but the practice. It is mainly; at least was the experience in retail, an excuse for the mentally challenged users to live out their sadistic fantasies that they could not unleash upon those of us in the real world by stomping in the skulls of the infants and young ones.

I mean think about it. Killing someone 10+ levels below you is akin to a grown man or woman crushing an infants windpipe with 2 fingers.

Although, in the spirit of living out the true flavor of vanilla, I like playing on Kronos as a PVP realm. Why? Well I spent the last decade rolling my mains on one, so why stop now?

If this were a PVE realm I would forget that there were even opposing factions, considering that I never really venture into BGs nowadays. I haven't been in them since vanilla on retail anyway.

WoW was my first MMORPG. When I started no one explained what PVP Realms and Normal Realms were. I just joined the one my friend was on.

The animosity between the two factions can be quite a challenge at times and also great fun. I haven't experienced a corpse camp yet, but I am most certain that I will.(I usually just relog to another toon when I do get ganked, no reason to try and bring a knife to a bio weapons fight) No real reason to yell in LD or world. "OMGEE big bad meany on our land ganking lowbies"

By the time people show up the troll is long gone...If they really wanted to start something they would go somewhere their own level (cough Silithus)...Heavens forbid they try to actually raid on a major city. 0_0

I am sure someone may chime in and state something like. It makes getting to 60 that much more rewarding. That you overcame adversity and made it to the top. Now go get your aggression out on some opposite faction lowbies to make up for it.

Yeah, that is just what we need. Someone to keep the cycle going...ooops, forgot I was talking to a wall here.

If your main goal is to become overpowered in some way to hold an advantage over a single player (Usually only by level) and grief/lame/minge them all day long...maybe you need to go play some other pay to win game, or go get some downloadable skillz and play counter stroke or cocks of duty.

<----Been ganked a lot in that last decade. Might be sour, but I am still playing the game. -_-

Again, everyone has their own right to play the game the way they want to play.

Point stands. Leave Kronos PVP as it is.

cheers,
-PP

Last edited:
<----Been ganked a lot in that last decade. Might be sour, but I am still playing the game. -_-

Again, everyone has their own right to play the game the way they want to play.

Point stands. Leave Kronos PVP as it is.

cheers,
-PP

This sounds like "I've been raped, but I kinda love it" :w00t:

This sounds like "I've been raped, but I kinda love it" :w00t:

Please get back to me when you or someone close to you has been raped IRL. I find your comment while attempting to be funny, to miss its mark.

No, actually it is more of a "I dealt with it in Retail" and it wouldn't be a blizz-like experience for me...if I didn't join a PVP server. I am sure it is that way for a lot of people. I am also a NA player, so in reality I am not on during prime time. That is why I probably do not see the ganking as much.

-PP

Top Bottom