• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

PvP Suggestion: Add On-the-go BG queueing

chanchoberto

Hi everybody. I just wanted to make a suggestion that is not really vanilla blizz-like, so I don't know what will be the community reaction but here it goes.

Back when I started playing during WotlK one of my favourite activities would be joining BGs while leveling. Win or lose, it was always a nice break from the usual grind.

When I first hit level 10 in the server, I went straight to the WSG battlemaster and joined the queue for the battleground. To my disappointment, I was greeted by an "Unavailable" wait time and spent the rest of my session hoping to be called into a fight.

I think that one of the reasons low level PVP is dead could be the fact that you have to travel all the way to a main city to queue for BG, which it becomes a chore as I generally found myself returning to the cities every 2 levels to learn new spells.

So I propose adding a way to queue for BG from wherever you are in the world. I was thinking there could be an item that upon interacting with it, you get the battlemaster dialogue and let's you queue for the battleground. There would be an item for each BG and they would be unique, soulbound and easyly bought from some NPC (like one of the PVP quartermasters).

Maybe there are more sophisticated ways to implement this feature, but I really think this could bring new life to the PVP scene for both low level and 60s and don't think it really takes away from the vanilla experience.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Would you like to be able to queue for BG on the go? Or do you think it won't help bring more people to get into PVP? Do you think it ruins the authentic vanilla experience?

Sorry for the long post. Cheers to all!

They should've enabled it for pre60 before the release IMO. We'd have lowlvl BGs for longer than a month after K1 opened and one more month after K2 did. And now, if wouldn't really hurt on 60 as well. Wouldn't help much either.

It would be very nice and convenient, but I think the main reason low levels don't queue for bgs is because they are not having fun, they get to face bis geared twinks with high level enchants for the most part when the server is this old.
I've tried it myself not that long ago, efc was a twink gnome war and was alone on eroof, I was a lvl 17 frost mage (had half decent gear), when I got oom he was at ~35-40% hp still, and he basically 2 shots me.
I have twinks myself but I wanted to see how it was from a non twinks perspective, and I was not having fun,
I don't mind a challenge but I just felt way too weak.

If twinks was a rare exception or there was some matchmaking system so you are more likely to play with and against people around your own gear lvl, I think more people would take the time to queue.

And if we are going to let people queue everywhere, I would imagine that it could be abused to avoid dying in world pvp, not that there is any world pvp atm but still :p

Also we have like 95% raiders in our community, sadly.

But I think there're little to no twinks above level 19 on Kronos. Maybe some 29s. With a BG queue command, 30-39 might've popped once on a blue moon.

Way too late anyway. I hope to have my dose of PvP on Vanilla retail, and thank you Kronos for giving me the excellent PvE experience.

Too late now. Pvp is completely dead at all levels unless you consider absence of pre vs pre games and pugs full of ret paladins healthy pvp at 60, with 1 game running.

There is a thread with pvp suggestions and discussions that has been going on for long but not a single thing has been implemented. I suggest you mention this good idea there in hopes that we can get it on the next version of kronos.

Sorry for being harsh but i am dissapointed to keep watching all the people that really like pvp rarely playing much any more or quiting for good (including myself).

Last edited:
Top Bottom