• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information PvP Timeline and Decay Cap changes

They are just bound and determined to have no players on their server.

The PvP gear wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't a 13 month wait until AQ.

Is the bulk of this discussion pointed towards epic pvp set or rare pvp set? I plan on pvp healing at end game, and when i see the unupgraded rare pvp set i might as well not bother at all, horrendous stats for holy paladin which forces me to run cloth/leather/gimp myself. Might as well go for a set of caster PvE pre-bis plate armour (of which there are almost none).

I can not comment on epic pvp set upgrade, I believe its supposed to be on par/slighly weaker with AQ 40 gear, so it should be released prior to AQ40 imho since it takes way more effort to gain than PvE raiding.

I'd say the bulk of the discussion is pointed towards the blue set, rather the 2 set bonus which is relatively easy to get. With it the blue set can outscale, depending on class, T1 and keep up with T2. With no update, the blue set is worse than the blue dungeon set I'd say. So yeah, kind of need to find a middle ground.

All PVP items will be automatically updated at their appropriate times. The new Rank 14 items will only be available to players who are Rank 14 at the time of purchase.

This may be a no-brainer, but just for clarity: does "all PvP items" include items already purchased, or would we have to buy the items again to get the upgrades?

Blue upgraded pvp set can not keep up with T2, not in a long shot. Agree on T1 vs upgraded blue set being nearly equal.

Id say releasing it slighly after BWL (october 2018) would be the best middle ground, at least regarding the blue pvp set.

People are fixed on colors rather than facts and thats a fact...

And then there is a few who cannot accept that they cannot become almighty and unchallenged for a year, the R14 gear is equal to what Nefarian drops & the AQ40 gear... how balanced would it be for a few to aquire it a year ahead of time ?

True getting R14 is no simple matter but neither it isnt simple to get a full set of raid gear & maintain consumables up until the end of BWL/AQ...

To be perfectly honest with you i am quite the PvP'er myself or at least used to be and my desire for high kill count & gear is quite strong however after all the years i actually desire a more balanced & gradual increase, think of it like this if you where to only be able to reach lets say Rank 7 or 12 with your time and never get further due to competition you would loose interest in the future as you already aquired the gear right ? with the gradual increase there will be reason to keep at it or return when the next upgrade comes around.

Not only that but the set bonus's are different so you could be using pieces of sets to aquire the 2p bonus from each of the 3 generations of gear although not powerful it would not be weak either and it certainly would be rather unique and open up some combat scenarios that you could only face in the true vanilla.

don't close your eyes to opportunity & balance in the face of greed. This is overall the best option that ensures a better longevity & balance of the pvp community.

Well, I just don't think that 4 months after BWL launch is a fair trade off. I believe no one will be wearing the blue set, noone will be casually ranking. Everyone will be PvPing in full PvE. Even if u go full r14, some lucky raider dude will outscale u with Ashkandi for 4 months, 4 months is a long fkn time. And when u compare the commitment of r14, it's just not fair IMO.

True getting R14 is no simple matter but neither it isnt simple to get a full set of raid gear & maintain consumables up until the end of BWL/AQ....

Lold, r14 is soul consuming. Raiding 2 nights (or whatever 4 nights during "progress") is so chill.

Last edited:
the rank 7-10 pvp set (level 58 blue set) is worse than dungeon gear for most classes for pvp
tthe rank 12-13 pvp set is by no means as useful as t1/t2 for most classes

the updated sets being available from the start are demonized as "game changer" for pve raids (as if 2-3 people per raid group having that gear can make bwl that much easier)

the problem is that pvp players will have, for an extended period of 8(?) months, to either raid for gear to pvp with or pvp with worse or even in some classes/specs completely innapropriate gear.

in any case, unless the server gets huge population pvp scene will be lacking as a)pve players will have no reason to get pvp gear and b) pvp players will find themselves in a weird situation (good luck trying to pvp heal as paladin in a set focused exclusively around melee damage https://classicdb.ch/?item=16433 as just an example) to have to raid for pvp gear

i think that kronos didnt really think this over, they just follow "blizzlike" cries.
if they did consider this carefully and still made this decision they would better mark this server as PVE and make it clear what their intentions are

Last edited:
r14 is soul consuming. Raiding 2 nights (or whatever 4 nights during "progress") is so chill.

Raiding 2 nights a week as you claim would be needed to be done weekly for many months without end in order to ensure rank/favor enough to aquire the things you want and let us not forget the materials required to raid which easily sum around 50-200+ gold in value weekly.

Yes getting R14 is consuming to say the least and by no means a small feat however if the reward is too great is breaks balance...

It would be like giving critters a 0.001% drop chance of some random legendary... soul consuming and requiring a lot of effort however with enough time it can be done and once that happens balance for that or those individuals means nothing for the next year...

or imagine if the myth of ashbringer being fishable was true... ofc it isnt and thank god but honestly if a reward is too great it can break other aspects completely and the true vanilla experience was gradual increase without any shortcuts to the top.

Last edited:
Yeah well I don't share ur opinions on this topic. I don't think raiding is as exhausting and time consuming as r14. I don't think updated gear will break balance if it get's released after people start clearing BWL.

Yeah well I don't share ur opinions on this topic. I don't think raiding is as exhausting and time consuming as r14. I don't think updated gear will break balance if it get's released after people start clearing BWL.
Oh don't misunderstand me i don't think so either but rather Raiding is gated so why should PvP be able to skip all the way to patch 1.11 ?
anyways what i am saying is that if a reward is too powerfull it ends up breaking everying else and the way pvp is gated is actually still in favor of pvp to a certain extent and better in balance terms than the original vanilla.

Heck R14 is a nightmare... well raiding aint a cup of tea either or the problem with maintaining social status & such towards a wide playerbase for a long time... its impossible to compare them with eachother.

its like comparing a cat with a dog basically... or comparing a mace with a hammer etc.

Heck R14 is a nightmare... well raiding aint a cup of tea either or the problem with maintaining social status & such towards a wide playerbase for a long time... its impossible to compare them with eachother.

its like comparing a cat with a dog basically... or comparing a mace with a hammer etc.

Sorry but what?

Getting R14 on a competitive server requires you to play 18+ hours a day, every day. Slaying pve dargons on ancient WoW will never be a similar time commitment.

Edit: meh

Last edited:
R8 is BiS for pve if they release the upgraded stats for fury until AQ. The issue is that there's no middle ground on the sets, the lvl 58 version is horrible, and the level 60 version is OP. And no one is impressed by people playing in premades and dodging other premades, which is unfortunately wide spread on private servers.

Have you guys even played on a server that released the upgraded blue set early? Oidd certainly hasn't, I played on nost and anathema and no it wasn't 2-3 people per guild. My guild had 8 warriors alone in the r8-r10 setup because it was bis until 2 AQ40 pieces.

No to the upgraded pvp gear until AQ. You poor crybaby pvpers are just going to have to deal with not being king shit because you premade honor farm and dodge actual challenges.

- D1 from start
- Updated R10 from start
- Update R12 & R13 after BWL
- Add new R14 weapons after BWL. BUT make it possible for people who reached R14 before to buy the weapons, the opposite makes literally zero common sense apart from being blizzlike ofc. If you endured the grind at any point of the server's life, you should be rewarded with those items when they're out.

This way gear level won't be retarded from start and everyone will have an initiative to rank and queue BGs. I'm sure 2p of R10 won't make any difference in MC at all since it's gonna be cleared first week in greens and farmed on autopilot later on, but PvP will be more balanced, classes like warlocks won't be forced to play with zero spell power, shamans and paladins in cloth items and stuff like that

Last edited:
I still dont get it, Vanilla isn't TBC, gear to pvp mostly came from PVE for like 90% of the vanilla era. If you want gear just to pvp go on a TBC/WOTLK server, they added resilience to fix the issue we face here.

Problem is, In vanilla you needed social skills and dedication to get the gear you wanted faster out of 40 people, updated pvp set fix this problem, you just need an afk premade to get a full set, so yes in a way getting gear in pvp it's way easier than pve.

+ Pvp without the updated pvp set was the fucking best (and i went r13 in retail). You had to be creative at least ~~.

And shall i add that we wont see warriors with 6k hp/40% crit supported by 2/3 paladin/shamans 2,5 months into release who will just crush by dozen green geared people in AV.

Warriors won't have 6k hp with 40% crit with the blue pvp set, what on earth are you talking about man.

R8 is BiS for pve if they release the upgraded stats for fury until AQ.

I'm hearing this again and again, which pieces?
-Lionheart Helm
-Truestrike Shoulders
-Savage Gladiator Chain
-Sacrificial Gauntlets
-Titantic Leggings
-Chromatic Boots
is the list I have in mind. Going full ap is fine, but u'll be losing quite some hit and/or crit, depending on which pieces u replace. So being all "bluesetboniisopmuchbetterthanrestverywow" is quite a stretch.

Have you guys even played on a server that released the upgraded blue set early? Oidd certainly hasn't, I played on nost and anathema and no it wasn't 2-3 people per guild. My guild had 8 warriors alone in the r8-r10 setup because it was bis until 2 AQ40 pieces.

Yea, K1 had this. From my experience many warriors want to engage in PvP, why shouldn't u be allowed to use PvP gear in PvE? And yea 2 set being bis is quite debatable. It's good yes, but not broken for that content.

No to the upgraded pvp gear until AQ. You poor crybaby pvpers are just going to have to deal with not being king shit because you premade honor farm and dodge actual challenges.

Firstly, wow, u sound quite hostile, did u just get camped? People casually rank too, not every PvPer grinds WSG in a premade 24/7. And btw., if u 'r a warrior and have access to MC/BWL/ZG u won't even be using any r10 gear, only PvE drops and reputation stuff. If ur talking about the epic set being 2 good before aq then that would be a different topic, and I'd be fine with delaying that. But saying fk u to every PvPer planning on doing smthn like r10, basically forcing them to PvE cause PvP gear suxx so badly, giving 0 incentive to even start ranking a bit, is not the right decision IMO.

I still dont get it, Vanilla isn't TBC, gear to pvp mostly came from PVE for like 90% of the vanilla era. If you want gear just to pvp go on a TBC/WOTLK server, they added resilience to fix the issue we face here.

So ur basically saying fk PvP just go PvE, cause that's the way it was back then.

Problem is, In vanilla you needed social skills and dedication to get the gear you wanted faster out of 40 people, updated pvp set fix this problem, you just need an afk premade to get a full set, so yes in a way getting gear in pvp it's way easier than pve.

Yea, that's why I made suggestions for afk premades e.g. queueing as 5 gets faster queues in comparison to 10 man (except when facing other 10 mans). This way it would give an incentive to interact with ur community and stop the disgusting premade meta that fucks every casual PvPer and people who just want to queue BG once in a while.

+ Pvp without the updated pvp set was the fucking best (and i went r13 in retail). You had to be creative at least ~~.

Aka everyone wearing full PvE? That's being quite creative indeed.

And shall i add that we wont see warriors with 6k hp/40% crit supported by 2/3 paladin/shamans 2,5 months into release who will just crush by dozen green geared people in AV..

Stop, u make yourself look stupid when u exaggerate that much.

Last edited:
Warriors won't have 6k hp with 40% crit with the blue pvp set, what on earth are you talking about man.

Like i dont know that.
I am not talking about r10, but r14 like it was in K1 but whatever. Stop being frustrated and blinded by rage because you ll have to pve again.

And i was there at Kronos start, you weren't, so yeah i know what i am talking about, seeing Crypton+Ned+icairus and Madget blocking an AV for 12h was fun, but those set were just too op.

Stop, u make yourself look stupid when u exaggerate that much.

same answer, a R14 supported by a guild will have onslaught girdle, Qsr etc so yeah 6k hp/40%crit.

Last edited:
- D1 from start
- Updated R10 from start
- Update R12 & R13 after BWL
- Add new R14 weapons after BWL. BUT make it possible for people who reached R14 before to buy the weapons, the opposite makes literally zero common sense apart from being blizzlike ofc. If you endured the grind at any point of the server's life, you should be rewarded with those items when they're out.

This way gear level won't be retarded from start and everyone will have an initiative to rank and queue BGs. I'm sure 2p of R10 won't make any difference in MC at all since it's gonna be cleared first week in greens and farmed on autopilot later on, but PvP will be more balanced, classes like warlocks won't be forced to play with zero spell power, shamans and paladins in cloth items and stuff like that
On the contrary actually... you do not really appear to have seen or even looked at the former set...
otherwise you would know that the rank 7-13 not only changed the stats of the gear but also the set bonus...
If you only swap half a set then where is the other half ? i see a lot of people here that simply speak nonsense before they even know what they are speaking of.... its like a farmer talking about programming... you have to know at least a bit before you speak otherwise it becomes embarrasing...

Just to give you an example of how embarrasing your highly rated comment was...
1st version ilvl 63
2nd version ilvl 66-71
3rd version ilvl 71-74

this is merely hunter yes but it is similar for all... the set bonus in particular changed a lot... the final version of the set only required 3 pieces to get the normal 4 piece bonus for example and the 2 piece bonus is quite different.

So not only is the gear viable the true vanilla experience had gradual increase in gear.... heck your belowed rank 14 first came in patch 1.11.0
and pvp back in the day consisted of a mix of pvp & pve gear without either being completely dominant and the strongest factor pvp gear had was its stamina...

i know some fanatics won't agree with this however these are cold blooded facts that you can lookup on wowwiki or youtube...
heck they even introduce R14 with the dragons which is patch 1.8.0 so you do get it early but just not on release...

open your eyes... the game is not about fulfilling a few individuals greed... its a game for thousands... this is eoverall the best solution as it keeps content active & important with no cheap ways to take a shortcut... don't worry if you truly are that good in pvp you wont need a landslide of an advantage to play right ? also its not like its that long before it comes around.

same answer, a R14 supported by a guild will have onslaught girdle, Qsr etc so yeah 6k hp/40%crit.

6049 with (imo) bis gear including bwl stuff (Archimitros Ring). U have literally 23% crit with sword spec in battle stance, that's what those guys were playing with, + kings is like 1% I'd guess?

@Brochette
Noone wants UPDATED R12-14 gear from start, that would stay shit until after BWL. We want only updated R10 from start since old(shit) R10 is utterly bad, noone will go for it until it's updated and battleground activity will suffer so much, as well as class variety in those since half classes have zero use from old blue sets.. And imo updated R10 is balanced with MC gear, like, you know it yourself for hunters for example, T1 is better then updated R10, not only for PvE but for PvP too and it's the same for some other classes.

@Cr0wL0ck
Dude you make no sense at all apart from being blizzlike police.

First of all, noone wants that 3rd set and R14 weapons updated, did you even read my comment or just merely glanced over it. Epic set and weapons should stay bad through MC and be updated at some point between BWL and AQ as planned, after BWL gets farmed for a few months.

All we want is updated R10 sets since they are on par with MC gear and for many classes even that updated set is worse then T1 but it's not useless, so you will be using a mix of PvP and PvE gear. The only thing that you are eliminating is TOTALLY USELESS R10 set for half classes and therefore encouraging players of those classes to actually queue up for BGs and give them an opportunity to get some decent gear via PvP, not just exclusively via PvE. Do you think it would be fun if you played a paladin and be forced to PvP in dungeon cloth items since R10 has full warrior stats?

They made a good choice by deciding to add new R14 weapons before AQ, unlike blizzlike before Naxxramas, since they become irrelevant at that point due to Femur and similar items, which are much easier to obtain. The only thing they should introduce along with that change is to allow people who have R14 as their "highest rank" to buy those new weapons when they get added. It makes no sense that if someone who goes through the torture of ranking during MC era doesn't get to buy that weapon, but if someone who do the exact same thing during late BWL or AQ era, he gets to acquire them. If they keep it blizzlike literally no caster will go for R14 before AQ if they have any brains, but then again why the fuck would any of them play 15 hours a day for 3 months to reach R14 when they can get an equal weapon in Femur by raiding 5h a week. Do you see how this doesn't make any common sense?

Also, I don't see a reason why D1 shouldn't be in game from start (???), it's worse then even BiS pre-raid, let alone any raid or PvP gear, but it gives an extra initiative to do dungeons and allows us to get at least basic PvP gear with some stats on.

Honestly, unless someone likes to act blizzlike police, dunno how you can be against these suggestions, they make perfect sense and game gets maximally balanced for both PvP and PvE players. We are all well over "blizzlike experience" since we've all been there and done that, and we all know blizzlike often sucks. What most people want from private servers at this stage of their existence is the best possible version of the game we all love.

Last edited:
i see a lot of people here that simply speak nonsense before they even know what they are speaking of.... its like a farmer talking about programming... you have to know at least a bit before you speak otherwise it becomes embarrasing...

Just to give you an example of how embarrasing your highly rated comment was...
1st version ilvl 63
2nd version ilvl 66-71
3rd version ilvl 71-74

this is merely hunter yes but it is similar for all... the set bonus in particular changed a lot... the final version of the set only required 3 pieces to get the normal 4 piece bonus for example and the 2 piece bonus is quite different.
Indeed it is pretty embarrassing talking about pvp sets and not even realizing that the r7-10 and r12-13 sets are two different sets altogether.
Like i dont know that.
I am not talking about r10, but r14 like it was in K1 but whatever. Stop being frustrated and blinded by rage because you ll have to pve again.
I'm not frustrated or angry, and I (mostly) enjoyed the time I spent raiding with you on Kronos. I'm just trying to point out that we are talking about the r7-10 set here, not the r12-13 one.

3rd item is from the epic set, so it's not a "version" of the previous items from rare sets. There are rare r7-r10 and epic r12-r13 sets. Both were upgraded. Old version of the rare sets is still in the game files. So the 1st item (rare old) was upgraded into the 2nd one (rare new), but the 2nd item (rare new) has never been upgraded into the 3rd one (epic new).
the final version of the set only required 3 pieces to get the normal 4 piece bonus for example
The epic set has always required 3 pieces to get the set bonus, even the old one:
mhGTiJt.png
heck your belowed rank 14 first came in patch 1.11.0
heck they even introduce R14 with the dragons which is patch 1.8.0
So 1.11.0 or 1.8.0? :p Both are wrong actually, ranking system came in 1.4, later patches upgraded already existing r14 weapons and added new ones. The needed history is in the announcement message:
Original Timeline:
  • Patch 1.4 (5 months after launch) – PVP Honor System was introduced
  • Patch 1.6 (8 months after launch) – BWL was launched, and the stats of currently existing Rank 14 items were improved
  • Patch 1.11 (19 months after launch) – Stats of Rank 7 – 13 items were improved. New Rank 14 items were added (e.g. Caster 1-Hand)

Last edited:
Reactions: dms
Top Bottom