• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information PvP Timeline and Decay Cap changes

I was reviewing this thread and just realized that one of my posts is flagged as "not yet approved by a moderator". I don't see why that would be the case, as far as I can tell there's nothing inappropriate therein. I'm going to quote it since it was an intended reply in the conversation here. Mods, please let me know if this was by mistake or otherwise.

It's probably a bit late to make any difference as far as decision making goes, but I would still like the points I'm trying to make to be properly supported.
ever heard of minmaxing? if its bis people will go and get it - no matter what.

devilsaur bis most of the game? thats new to me. edgemasters are very underwhelming btw

You're not making any sense by quoting what I wrote and defining min maxing.

- Nobody is saying people don't or shouldn't do it.
- You are saying that it's not okay to get 2 pre-AQ BiS pieces (which is debatable) for the (supposedly) moderate effort of PvP.
- I am saying that there are certain pieces you can get much more easily (you don't even need to be level 60), that are BiS for at least as long or BiS forever, which invalidates the argument that the 2 piece PvP "BiS" is too easy.

Go ahead and show me what you can get for a Warrior that is better than 2/2 Devilsaur until AQ. Inb4 you link Titanic Leggings.
Show me the same for a feral druid.
This is the last time I do your numbers for you, but here you go. Rogue T2 vs Devilsaur:

Bloodfang Pants
Total AP from Str and Agi: 48
Total crit including agility: 2.275%
Bloodfang Gloves
Total AP from Str and Agi: 39
Total crit including agility: 0.69%

Combined numbers: 87 AP, 2.96% Crit, 0% Hit

VS

Devilsaur Leggings
Total AP: 46
Total Crit: 1%
Total Hit: 1% (set bonus)
Devilsaur Gauntlets
Total AP: 28
Total Crit: 1%
Total Hit: 1% (set bonus)

Combined numbers: 74 AP, 2% Crit, 2% Hit

Tradeoff: 13 AP and 0.96% Crit for 2% hit. For a combat rogue who gets the largest chunk of his dps from white melee swings, extra hit is more valuable than the tradeoff, especially when you take into account that at BWL gear levels + consumables Rogues will be crit capped.

In the same vein, for fury warriors also getting the greatest portion of their dps from white swings, yes indeed, Edgemaster's providing almost complete glancing penalty reduction for orcs and humans using appropriate weapons, and slightly more than 3% hit + a sizeable reduction in glancing penalty for other races / not using weapons buffed by racials, is very underwhelming.

Last edited:
I was reviewing this thread and just realized that one of my posts is flagged as "not yet approved by a moderator". I don't see why that would be the case, as far as I can tell there's nothing inappropriate therein.

That happens if you edit your post several times.

The PvP timeline changes did not make it into the announcement, as we wanted a little more time to discuss it (there's been a lot of things on our plate in preparation for the release and we didn't want to make any rushed call). You should expect and update within the next 3 weeks.

There's also truestrike shoulders, arena chest, wsg/ab reputation items, t1 with updated itemization, vis'kag with updated itemization, Kronos ED/Ironfoe, etc..

But hey people might be using two pieces of r10 pvp set gear for a +20ap/sp bonus, that would absolutely throw off the balance and make a strict change in the raid difficulty.

Yeah.

All those items were there either from the start or when the instance got introduced in 1.4/1.5. Viskag got its stats updated to what we have now in 1.4. You want a T1 lvl set available from start before even MC is released. I agree having arena chest with 1.11 stats in the game is retard, but Kronos staff said they'll keep 1.12 stat of each item present in the game when content was released. I didnt check, i just hope warsong epic pants isnt in the game.

The PvP timeline changes did not make it into the announcement, as we wanted a little more time to discuss it (there's been a lot of things on our plate in preparation for the release and we didn't want to make any rushed call). You should expect and update within the next 3 weeks.

soooooooooo

any news on this?

People are getting perdition blade, onslaught, choker and we are stuck with crap pvp sets to ...make pve... more challenging...

What are you smoking kronos?
Quit it already and release proper pvp sets before horde reach 1hour queues.

Now then why can't you get those items ?....

Nothing prevents you and it is a common fact that people did PvE content to obtain PvP gear so why are you suddenly asking for a handout that was meant to be very late yet they are already lenient enough to release a lot earlier than intended ? isn't that just being greedy ?

And you cannot exactly say that all the honor gear is completely bad either... please don't act so spoiled

Goddamn greedy pvpers, always askin' for handouts, always so spoiled.

I love the validity of your post /sarcasm

The item progression was fucked from the start, molten core and bwl aren't hard, gated releases are closer together, and yet we're still pretending a closed dire mail and nerfed stats on gear that not every pve player has even attained is actually making content any harder or longer lasting.....

Give the rankers some info regarding the future -at least-

People are getting perdition blade, onslaught, choker and we are stuck with crap pvp sets to ...make pve... more challenging...

What are you smoking kronos?
Quit it already and release proper pvp sets before horde reach 1hour queues.

I strongly disagree. I’m a huge fan of the general principle that access to certain items should be restricted in order to make content more difficult. I’m such a huge fan of the principle that I think not only should access to pvp items be restricted to make pve harder, but also access to pve items should be restricted to make pvp more challenging. While it’s debatable if access to the updated rare pvp set has any impact on raid difficulty, it’s very clear that aq40 and especially naxx items have a very negative impact on battlegrounds and make pvp much simpler. That people think the former is a bigger problem than the latter just shows people have no sense of proportion.

So in the spirit of making content more difficult, let's prevent people from using naxx and AQ40 items in battlegrounds. I don’t think mc and bwl items are a huge problem, but for the sake of consistency, I’d be ok if all raid items were banned in battlegrounds.

You fight a losing battle, mate.

Got invited to a staff meeting regarding pvp a few weeks back, which was supposed to be scheduled to some weekend almost a month ago. It never happened.

I strongly disagree. I’m a huge fan of the general principle that access to certain items should be restricted in order to make content more difficult. I’m such a huge fan of the principle that I think not only should access to pvp items be restricted to make pve harder, but also access to pve items should be restricted to make pvp more challenging. While it’s debatable if access to the updated rare pvp set has any impact on raid difficulty, it’s very clear that aq40 and especially naxx items have a very negative impact on battlegrounds and make pvp much simpler. That people think the former is a bigger problem than the latter just shows people have no sense of proportion.

So in the spirit of making content more difficult, let's prevent people from using naxx and AQ40 items in battlegrounds. I don’t think mc and bwl items are a huge problem, but for the sake of consistency, I’d be ok if all raid items were banned in battlegrounds.

We have a long time until that releases and when it does, shouldn't they be releasing BC after Naxx? just like on the real servers?
I'm all for keeping content hard, its the reason i'm playing this server.

Any update on this would be great.

Top Bottom